The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Red Wings

-Vintage Canuck-

Terrible game. Is it going to ruin their season? Should they blow everything up and start from scratch. No.

Blowouts are going to happen ocassionally.

Poor officiating certainly didn't help as they got frustrated and took more penalties. And as they lost their focus the mistakes and goals piled up. Even Lou, who has been so solid all year lost his focus and confidence as the game went on. They'll rebound.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Any team can beat any team on any given night, granted, but 8-2, you would have to be smoking something special to not see that something is amiss.

Terrible game. Is it going to ruin their season? Should they blow everything up and start from scratch. No.

Blowouts are going to happen ocassionally.

Poor officiating certainly didn't help as they got frustrated and took more penalties. And as they lost their focus the mistakes and goals piled up. Even Lou, who has been so solid all year lost his focus and confidence as the game went on. They'll rebound.

Good points, many of these points are things that I mean when referring to the team not being where it needs to be. For instance, we've been dealing with terrible calls for the last couple years, however we have always managed to turn the other cheek and minimize them instead of tossing in the towel. Secondly, our PK was atrocious, that is something that needs work. Diving, the last couple years we've made big strides to minimize it, yet it seems to be back in full force. Our defense hasn't been great, its been okay, but not the scary force it once was. I still think we can go deep, but in general things need to improve and get straightened out. Anyways I'll be at tomorrows game so hopefully they take it to the yotes and avenge themselves for Sunday.

Archived