294 replies to this topic

#271 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,502 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

Funny thing #1: This loss, though embarassing, does not count for any more or less than any other regulation loss.

Funny thing #2: Only 3 teams in the league have less regulation losses than the Canucks.
Posted Image

#272 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

Funny thing #1: This loss, though embarassing, does not count for any more or less than any other regulation loss.

Funny thing #2: Only 3 teams in the league have less regulation losses than the Canucks.

Well said. A loss is a loss. We got so many bad bounces and ref's against us last night. Hopefully that's all the bad bounces the hockey God's punish us with in the next months
Posted Image

Thank you Roberto =(

#273 fwybwed

fwybwed

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

What ever helps you sleep at night lol

#274 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,820 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

I like everyone else was hung up on the score until I really thought about what happened. The message was sent loud and clear that if the refs/league really want the Red Wings to win that game, the Canucks just stopped trying to fight it and gave them their result. All we were missing was the white towel.

4VbTWQO.gif[/url]

#275 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,261 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

First few goals were such flukers. Even later on. Luongo had basically no chance on 5.

2 penalties that didn't deserve to be called with back to back powerplay goals against.

More embarassing than the score was Kesler diving, taking forever to get back up after plays and but being good to go like 5 seconds later SUCH A DRAMA QUEEN. Its almost like he 'works hard' just to look like he's working hard.

Kesler was trolling the refs hard. Right after the first couple questionable calls which resulted in goals, he dove just to see what they'd do. They couldn't have been less interested. His shift ended a few moments after and he was scoffing with morbid amusement as he headed back to the bench.

very very arrogant fans in Detroit I found. I was worried about Chicago but for the.most part they respected our talent and were able to.say things like good play and nice shot. I guess that's the difference between a team fan and a hockey fan right?

Detroit isn't exactly a thriving city these days. Poverty rate is in the 40s there. We think of it as hockeytown but they still can't fill the seats. They were advertising a package of 2 tickets, 2 hotdogs, 2 drinks for $54.

#276 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

Hopefully the entire team was suffering from flu symptoms and that wasn't really them.

#277 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

It's true that the 2 points is lost no matter how you lose. However for a team and General Manager who has used the detroit Red Wings blue prints to build a team, and then be blown out by said team 8-2, goes to show that the team isn't where it needs to be. Any team can beat any team on any given night, granted, but 8-2, you would have to be smoking something special to not see that something is amiss.

#278 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,346 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

It's true that the 2 points is lost no matter how you lose. However for a team and General Manager who has used the detroit Red Wings blue prints to build a team, and then be blown out by said team 8-2, goes to show that the team isn't where it needs to be. Any team can beat any team on any given night, granted, but 8-2, you would have to be smoking something special to not see that something is amiss.

I completely disagree. Things got out of hand pretty quickly yesterday. Before we knew it, it was 6-3 when it could of very easily been 5-4. End of a road trip, flu bug running through a couple of the players....sometimes that's just how it goes.

Now if they string a few of these efforts together, than you might be on to something. But not after a 2-1-1 road trip....uh uh.
Posted Image

#279 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

I completely disagree. Things got out of hand pretty quickly yesterday. Before we knew it, it was 6-3 when it could of very easily been 5-4. End of a road trip, flu bug running through a couple of the players....sometimes that's just how it goes.

Now if they string a few of these efforts together, than you might be on to something. But not after a 2-1-1 road trip....uh uh.

I agree. It seemed like the guys felt they weren't going to be allowed to win the game by the refs in the second and just phoned it in (barely) in the third. Plus, even with the bad play, Detroit had skates full of horseshoes and seemed to get all of the luck, like pucks bouncing directly off our D and into the net. Just not our night. We offer the hockey gods a sacrificial beer and move on.

Edited by poetica, 25 February 2013 - 02:54 PM.

Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#280 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,502 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

I find it hard to take seriously this supposed "meaning" of a score, when you don't even have the actual score right.
Posted Image

#281 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,696 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

LOL!

Strombone@strombone1

I just wanted to apologize to all the people who had to replace their Budweiser Red Light bulb after yesterday's debacle #LUON8O

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#282 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

Terrible game. Is it going to ruin their season? Should they blow everything up and start from scratch. No.

Blowouts are going to happen ocassionally.

Poor officiating certainly didn't help as they got frustrated and took more penalties. And as they lost their focus the mistakes and goals piled up. Even Lou, who has been so solid all year lost his focus and confidence as the game went on. They'll rebound.
Posted Image

#283 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

Detroit isn't exactly a thriving city these days. Poverty rate is in the 40s there. We think of it as hockeytown but they still can't fill the seats. They were advertising a package of 2 tickets, 2 hotdogs, 2 drinks for $54.

Detroit is listed at 100% attendance this year, and last year and close to 100% the year before that.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

http://en.wikipedia....endance_figures

ya can't say the same for the Pistons.

Edited by hudson bay rules, 25 February 2013 - 03:58 PM.

I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#284 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

I just wanted to apologize to all the people who had to replace their Budweiser Red Light bulb after yesterday's debacle #LUON8O (@strombone1) February 25, 2013

...at least he has a sense of humor.....

Edited by wendythirteenthrashers, 25 February 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#285 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,197 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

LOL!

Strombone ‏@strombone1

I just wanted to apologize to all the people who had to replace their Budweiser Red Light bulb after yesterday's debacle #LUON8O

If you can't laugh at your self..... Nice, he is showing a different and and better side then we have seen in years past. Hope he goes to a place he happy with.

#286 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,282 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

Most goalies would have been pulled after 5 or 6 goals.

I'm sure he understands that it was better for him to tough it out, then to put in a cold and sick Schneider.

The old Luongo would have reacted much differently after a game like this in the past.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#287 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,846 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Any team can beat any team on any given night, granted, but 8-2, you would have to be smoking something special to not see that something is amiss.

Every team gets blown out at one point or another, that's hockey, no matter how good a team you have you can still get blown out.

Something would truly be amiss if the Canucks were getting blown out game after game. And since that isn't the case I'd say it's safe to step down from the ledge for now.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 25 February 2013 - 05:41 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#288 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

Most goalies would have been pulled after 5 or 6 goals.

I'm sure he understands that it was better for him to tough it out, then to put in a cold and sick Schneider.

The old Luongo would have reacted much differently after a game like this in the past.

Schneider's sick?

#289 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 22,997 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

Yes, apparently he has a virus. And my bet is half the team probably does or has had.

Posted Image

#290 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,282 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

Schneider's sick?

Yea, that's why he didn't play.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#291 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

Yea, that's why he didn't play.

I blame David Booth. ^_^

#292 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,346 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

I blame David Booth. ^_^

lol Eddie Lack #blamesTanev
Posted Image

#293 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,846 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

I blame David Booth. ^_^

I blame Luongo.

Get this! He probably got Schneider sick because he knew they would get blown out in order to save Schneider from getting lit up and having everyone jumping down his throat because Luongo is such an awesome guy and a great teammate.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#294 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

Terrible game. Is it going to ruin their season? Should they blow everything up and start from scratch. No.

Blowouts are going to happen ocassionally.

Poor officiating certainly didn't help as they got frustrated and took more penalties. And as they lost their focus the mistakes and goals piled up. Even Lou, who has been so solid all year lost his focus and confidence as the game went on. They'll rebound.

But this is precisely the problem. A team that loses their focus when they face adversity. This is why Chicago beat them. This is why Boston beat them. This is why LA beat them. Things don't go their way and they fold the tent.

#295 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

Good points, many of these points are things that I mean when referring to the team not being where it needs to be. For instance, we've been dealing with terrible calls for the last couple years, however we have always managed to turn the other cheek and minimize them instead of tossing in the towel. Secondly, our PK was atrocious, that is something that needs work. Diving, the last couple years we've made big strides to minimize it, yet it seems to be back in full force. Our defense hasn't been great, its been okay, but not the scary force it once was. I still think we can go deep, but in general things need to improve and get straightened out. Anyways I'll be at tomorrows game so hopefully they take it to the yotes and avenge themselves for Sunday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.