The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Red Wings

-Vintage Canuck-

People need to stop blaming either goalie anyway. Every single game, even Luongo in the playoffs, where the goalie has a bad game, one or both of the offense and defense are EVEN WORSE. Played like crap in Anaheim, played like crap against San Jose, played horrible against Detroit. Our defense is ass. If one injury can seriously do this to our defense, there is no depth or excuse. That was awful.

also, so how about that number 1 defensman of ours? Friggin bambie on ice... and then our shutdown defenseman can't even handle somone along the boards, and our prized off season signing looks like he is skating in quick sand half the time, and take an hour to clear the puck..

You know your screwed when your best dman is an undrafted kid.

So Canucks got creamed by Detroits farm team? Detroit was the team who played last night?

Wake up call. I've been saying all season, Canucks have played 15 of 18 games where they've been outchanced. When their goaltending can't steal the game, they will lose. I'm not sure how a team who's supposed to be 'great' gets outchanced almost every game.

Also, AV. If he didn't learn from last yr, he's drunk. Keeping your goalie in when that many goals (10 in all) went past him. No words.

I won't touch the officiating thing, cause all teams are dealing with it. I will say in last 7 games, Canucks have only played 1 of them with more PP opp's than opponent.

Also, Kesler. I feel like I've been disappointed in him for well over a year. I have. His diving at the begging of the game didn't help his team. He's also misreading plays defensivly and not creating offensively. He's been a big disappointment for what seems like a long time.

Love Higgins. He's been the Canucks best 2 way forward for well over a yr, he works his butt off every night. Love it. Also big props to Tanev, I think he's handeled a tougher role really well for a young guy. Unfortunately, he's the only righty d-man left on the entire team.

Absolute embarrassment defensively. For anyone about to pile on Luongo this was THE worst defensive effort I have seen in a Long time......3 goals by his own defense, 3 power play goals and what the hell was Kesler doin on Andersson's last goal. Geeesh!!!

Lu should have been pulled - he had some unlucky goals and bounces but didn't look steady in net.

Also a goal tender change isn't necessarily because he is playing bad...it can be used to help shift momentum of the game as well when D are slipping up. Also helps to share the pain between goalies!

what confuses me is that Garrison has been terrible and he is on the special teams and the top 4 for 95% of the season

Kassian has been struggling and he is getting benched and demoted to the 4th line in favour of Weise.

yet Ballard >>> Garrison

and Kassian >>> Weise

Archived