Disaster in Detroit.

#242 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

For whatever reason, I'm going to attempt to make some people feel better.

December 17th, 2011 - LA loses to Detroit 8-2. Goes on to win Stanley Cup.
February 11th, 2011 - BOS loses to Detroit 6-1. Goes on to win Stanley Cup.
March 25th, 2010 - CHI loses to Columbus 8-3. Goes on to win Stanley Cup.

This loss does not indicate how Vancouver will do in the playoffs. Even the best teams get blown out now and then.

touche sir

#243 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

Brutal game and everybody looked like sh!t tonight. The skaters, Luongo, and of course the officials. God, what is wrong with the officials this year?
On to the next one.

#244 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,515 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

Luongo still has better stats. :bigblush: And Luongo is entitled to one "forget a game" like Schneider with the first Anaheim game. LUONGO REIGNS SUPREME.

No, we don't have a "supreme reg season goalie". Rather either goalie will give us more or less equal results.

#245 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

People all need to take a deep breath, for real. I watched the game, we were just unlucky. Let's go to the bullet points.

-Last game of a tough road-trip (Chi, Dal, StL, Det), third game in four nights in three different cities.
-I've heard there may have been some flu or "flu" going around
-At least a couple of those goals are down to terrible calls by the officials
-And a couple more are down to just straight unlucky bounces
-And even a couple more are down to the team conserving energy after it was obvious the game was over
-Even with the loss, we finish a very tough road trip 2-1-1

Sometimes you have games like this. It's nothing to be concerned about, it isn't a trend. All y'all chicken littles need to settle the heck down.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#246 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

At the start, I thought it was shaping up to be an epic Sedin night. Sometimes everything goes bad all at once. That was probably as bad and unlucky a game as I've ever seen this squad play. It happens.

Looking forward to a competetive game against Phoenix.

#247 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,935 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

For whatever reason, I'm going to attempt to make some people feel better.

December 17th, 2011 - LA loses to Detroit 8-2. Goes on to win Stanley Cup.
February 11th, 2011 - BOS loses to Detroit 6-1. Goes on to win Stanley Cup.
March 25th, 2010 - CHI loses to Columbus 8-3. Goes on to win Stanley Cup.

This loss does not indicate how Vancouver will do in the playoffs. Even the best teams get blown out now and then.

February 24th, 2013 - Van loses 8-3 to Detroit, goes on to win Stanley Cup :bigblush:

In all seriousness though good finds. Although what teams did in the past don't always translate to us - see Canadian city with NHL team hosting Winter Olympic stat

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#248 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

What the heck is wrong with AV, how stubborn can you get. When you have a great back up and your starter is playing bad you pull the goalie. How good would Luongo's numbers be if AV would actually pull him when he has off nights like tonight.

Luongo was straight up ugly, but I have to say AV was worse and deserves more of the blame...What is he thinking?!

I was thinking after the 2nd goal it was time to get Luo out and for sure after the 3rd. Leaving him in after the 5th was just mind boggling.

Very hard game to watch from a Canucks perspective. The Canucks struggle with teams that aggressively forecheck, they made Detroit look better than they are.

#249 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

What the heck is wrong with AV, how stubborn can you get. When you have a great back up and your starter is playing bad you pull the goalie. How good would Luongo's numbers be if AV would actually pull him when he has off nights like tonight.

Luongo was straight up ugly, but I have to say AV was worse and deserves more of the blame...What is he thinking?!

I was thinking after the 2nd goal it was time to get Luo out and for sure after the 3rd. Leaving him in after the 5th was just mind boggling.

They still had every chance to earn a point right up until the halfway point of the third period. They've come back from two goals down twice before this season. No reason to think they couldn't do it again. For that reason, I support Luongo being in at the start of the third. Howard wasn't playing much better.

Once that 6th one went in, though... yeah, I was starting to wonder if it would happen.

It'll be interesting to see who starts the next game.

Edited by brewdog, 25 February 2013 - 01:52 AM.

#250 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:00 AM

Difference is Howard had McCollum as his back up, Luongo has Schneider.

#251 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:31 AM

Very hard game to watch from a Canucks perspective. The Canucks struggle with teams that aggressively forecheck, they made Detroit look better than they are.

Hpoe you and everybody else realises Scneids had the flu so maybe Lou was the only option. LIstend to the game on 1040 last nite and they figured probably a cople of more guys had it. Flu bugs are nasty to a team so dont get your hopes up to high for the Phoenix game.

#252 Buckeye Fruit

Buckeye Fruit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:15 AM

<p>Posted Image GO FALCONS!

#253 CaptainKool

CaptainKool

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

Sometimes...things happen. Don't give up guys. Looking foward on Tuesday night's game.

#254 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

Detroit scored a touchdown and missed a field goal.
Posted Image

#255 TheFastOne21

TheFastOne21

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

This is an amusing stat to me:

PGT: VAN 1 NSH 0: 9,525 views. 148 replies

PGT: DET 8 VAN 3 10,724 views. 253 replies.

These are the last two games but if you go back and look this is consistent. We get all fussy when we lose and post way more than when we win.

Maybe we should complain more when we win so we look like more consistent fans. You want consistency out of players than give consistency as fans.

#256 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:54 AM

This is an amusing stat to me:

PGT: VAN 1 NSH 0: 9,525 views. 148 replies

PGT: DET 8 VAN 3 10,724 views. 253 replies.

These are the last two games but if you go back and look this is consistent. We get all fussy when we lose and post way more than when we win.

Maybe we should complain more when we win so we look like more consistent fans. You want consistency out of players than give consistency as fans.

People just need to vent more after a loss, especially one like that. People let their emotions get the better of them and call for massive change. I don't think the Canucks need to do much before the trade deadline, maybe some depth in the bottom 6 and upgrade their defensive depth (ie somebody better than Barker).

#257 TheFastOne21

TheFastOne21

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

People just need to vent more after a loss, especially one like that. People let their emotions get the better of them and call for massive change. I don't think the Canucks need to do much before the trade deadline, maybe some depth in the bottom 6 and upgrade their defensive depth (ie somebody better than Barker).

Ya i understand. I am as frustrated as anyone but more at the result than at the system. These things happen and people need to understand that or educate themselves so they can understand it.

I will agree that more depth is always good. I just dont know what we can do to get it. We have a number of bad contracts on the team that are roadblocks for necessary additions.

The hockey team i play for lost 2-1 Saturday. We out shot them by at least 15. Played better than them the entire game. They won on a double or triple deflected puck that bounced funny over our goalies pad. Things happen.

Edited by ZKassasin, 25 February 2013 - 08:11 AM.

#258 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,583 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

I hate you flu bug.

I sort of knew this would happen, as Bieksa was under the weather not long ago...obviously, something travelling down the bench that's making it like they're skating in sludge in dense fog. I wonder if Edler's had it (he seems to be "dragging" a little lately).

I don't dwell on these debacles much. Guys'll pick it back up.

Posted Image

#259 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,218 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

According to TSN, Schneider has a virus of some sort - that's why Luongo wasn't pulled - The game was over in the second and didn't want to have Schneider get any worse than he is.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#260 MikeBossy

MikeBossy

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

According to TSN, Schneider has a virus of some sort - that's why Luongo wasn't pulled - The game was over in the second and didn't want to have Schneider get any worse than he is.

Wow - if thats true why the hell didn't they bring up one of their AHL goalies? What if Luo had gotten hurt during the game? Smells like "Cover Av's butt for hanging his goalie out to dry" to me. Reason I say this is why the hell would you even dress a player who is sick??? I'd have sent Scneids home early to rest up and brought up one of the kids from the Wolves rather than risk the whole team getting sick and/or my projected number 1 having to go into a game when he's sick because my other goalie tweaked his groin etc.

Thanks to R.Luongo. for the amazing sig

#261 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,515 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

Wow - if thats true why the hell didn't they bring up one of their AHL goalies? What if Luo had gotten hurt during the game? Smells like "Cover Av's butt for hanging his goalie out to dry" to me. Reason I say this is why the hell would you even dress a player who is sick??? I'd have sent Scneids home early to rest up and brought up one of the kids from the Wolves rather than risk the whole team getting sick and/or my projected number 1 having to go into a game when he's sick because my other goalie tweaked his groin etc.

If they dressed him then he was capable of playing but in a game that is over why put him in if he's feeling sick. Nothing wrong with how AV played it.

#262 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,515 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

Hope he's (Cory) feeling ok by Tuesday.

#263 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

Quick question. Were you guys able to hear the bullsh!t and usa chants on tv last night?

Posted Image

#freetorts

-Credit to blueberries-

#264 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,515 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Quick question. Were you guys able to hear the bullsh!t and usa chants on tv last night?

Yes, I wonder if it is because of our team name. I'd be interested to know if they do it to Calgary or other teams that don't have Canada related names. But it's BS (being silly) all the same.

Edit: but a lot of Canucks fans were mad that Cory had the US flag on the back of his helmet so we can be just as bad if not more closed minded at times.

Edited by Nino, 25 February 2013 - 09:36 AM.

#265 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

Yes, I wonder if it is because of our team name. I'd be interested to know if they do it to Calgary or other teams that don't have Canada related names. But it's BS (being silly) all the same.

very very arrogant fans in Detroit I found. I was worried about Chicago but for the.most part they respected our talent and were able to.say things like good play and nice shot. I guess that's the difference between a team fan and a hockey fan right?

Edited by TruCanuck, 25 February 2013 - 09:41 AM.

Posted Image

#freetorts

-Credit to blueberries-

#266 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

Hpoe you and everybody else realises Scneids had the flu so maybe Lou was the only option. LIstend to the game on 1040 last nite and they figured probably a cople of more guys had it. Flu bugs are nasty to a team so dont get your hopes up to high for the Phoenix game.

Ok I didn't know that. I'll take back what I said. As long as there was a logical reason I can live with it.

#267 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,314 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

Edit: but a lot of Canucks fans were mad that Cory had the US flag on the back of his helmet so we can be just as bad if not more closed minded at times.

I honestly didn't even know that

Posted Image

#freetorts

-Credit to blueberries-

#268 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

First few goals were such flukers. Even later on. Luongo had basically no chance on 5.

2 penalties that didn't deserve to be called with back to back powerplay goals against.

More embarassing than the score was Kesler diving, taking forever to get back up after plays and but being good to go like 5 seconds later SUCH A DRAMA QUEEN. Its almost like he 'works hard' just to look like he's working hard.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#269 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

OK guys, time to move on. We have Phoenix coming in tomorrow night. Time to show Shane that he made a huge mistake.

Go Canucks Go!

#270 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

February 24th, 2013 - Van loses 8-3 to Detroit, goes on to win Stanley Cup :bigblush:

In all seriousness though good finds. Although what teams did in the past don't always translate to us - see Canadian city with NHL team hosting Winter Olympic stat

I wasn't saying it was a trend that was going to repeat itself, I was saying that everyone gets blown out now and then and that this one game has no bearing on how good the team actually is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.