The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coaching decisions

miles.p

(1) That's what they're paid to do, and they delivered big time. Rather than moping around after that entertaining game like you, I was rejoicing. Extremely fun and exciting start to finish, and against a team that's usual successful game plan is to smother the opposition and play boring Sutter-style hockey. Glad I don't have to watch that paint-dry "system" every game.

If the Sedins DIDN'T deliver, we'd be hearing it big time from all you constant whiners, too. So we can't win no matter what the Sedins do.

(2) yeah, for about 5 minutes early in the 2nd period. Other than that, they had no sustained pressure. Did you even watch the game, or is your anti_AV, anti-Canucks bias so prevalent you just make things up in the hopes no one will notice your BS?

(3) yes, but they didn't lose, did they? In fact, they won. You could make that argument about every game. "We coulda lost!!" Brilliant.

(4) We made him fail. Daniel's goal was a perfect mini-slapper to the far corner, Raymond's wrister was quick and out-quicked Quick, Hansen's wrister he maybe should have had but then that'll happen often once a game, and on the Hamhuis' goal he had no chance because of the beautiful cross-ice pass, as usual, from Henrik.

(5) see (3). You're desperate, and repeating your non-arguments.

(6) The same line combos that controlled LA's more established lines? Or are you going to cry now about the 4th line as if it had any difference on the game?

(7) 0-2, meaningless sample size. Our PP is slowly getting better, in case you hadn't noticed. It's crept up the charts over the season, and I expect it will continue to do so, especially since Garrison is getting used to the PP system and his new personnel with their unique preferences.

(8) What does this mean, specifically? Seems as though it was Sutter who couldn't adjust to anything the Canucks were throwing at them.

(9) Ah ha. We play well, so it's fall back to the "just wait till the playoffs" mantra. I can just imagine you guys cheering for Phx or whoever in the first round vs the Canucks, hoping we go out in 4 straight in order to get your desired coaching change.

Maybe we'll get bounced early, maybe we'll win the Cup. But let's wait a few months before all that useless and premature speculation.

(10) Scraping by? Hilarious. You're like most other whiners. A convincing win isn't good enough. It has to be a 7-0 ice-tilting romp, and it has to be every game. The other teams the Canucks play have some pretty decent players, too. Sometimes they even compete and make a game of it! Imagine that.

Oh yeah, i forgot...

Seriously AV?

Alberts and Barker over Ballard?

In case you havent noticed, after Cgy changed coaches to Hartley, they are more run and gun with speed. They are a soft team with no physical presence.

You don't need Alberts or Barker in there over Ballard

What the eff is the matter with you?

Ballard BETTER be getting traded because if this is honestly due to AV's talent analysis, MG should just leave AV at the bus stop in Cgy.

Lol after I just had this outburst, I realized maybe I jumped the gun

Is Ballard injured or sick?

I could get twisted thinking about AV and his coaching staff after last nights win. Questionable player personnel changes aside I have to give AV some credit. The guy had a pulse and got pi$$ed off. He had some emotion for a change.

I could get twisted thinking about AV and his coaching staff after last nights win. Questionable player personnel changes aside I have to give AV some credit. The guy had a pulse and got pi$$ed off. He had some emotion for a change.

I don't categorize myself as an AV hater at all. I think he needs to go but that doesn't mean I don't recognize that he is a good coach in many ways. To me it is about giving the players a clean slate with a new coaching staff so they all have to earn their jobs again. Unfortunately AV has his favorites that are no longer held accountable when they play poorly and his whipping boys who make one mistake and are benched.

I think there are a lot of AV fans on the other side of the argument who make no rational arguments for keeping him as well. So that sword really cuts both ways.

The reality is that every coach goes stale eventually especially when the team core is largely unchanged for this many years. It doesn't make him a bad coach in my eyes. It makes him not the right coach for this team right now.

I'm glad AV took a bench minor last night.

The NHL is a joke. It pays a little lip service to player safety, but permits a bunch of incompetent little-big-men to make a mockery of the concept of applying the rulebook in a consistent, objective manner. The result is that players realize there is liscence to take reckless runs at marquis players with virtually no consequence. The prevailing logic seems to be that it is up to teams themselves to regulate the game by employing players to react after the fact with an escalation of the gong show that wishy washy officials empower.

Kelly Sutherland and a host of other NHL officials aren't fit to handle their role - imo, far and away the least professional officials in pro-sport - I have no problem with a minor outburst like AV's last night. To call a bench minor in that context was additionally pathetic. If anything, these officials need to get called out more often.

I am an AV supporter but even I am starting to feel like we need a change up. Players seem to be blocking him out a bit. I know it is cliche to say Ruff but the amount of players that say he is the best coach they have ever played for speaks volumes.

Archived