The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coaching decisions

miles.p

I called you out for your weak response because posts like this proves it.

You danced around the issue and said Ballard is not hurt so the only logical explanation is that we are looking to trade Ballard.

so to change this into an if then statement analysis and a view into formal logic...

you're comment is

If we sit Ballard, then we are most likely trying to trade him.

so then you take the contra-positive of that argument and it would mean

If we are not most likely trying to trade him, then he would not be sitting

That means you and I are in the same opinion that if we were to just dress the best lineup for the Flames game, Ballard would be in.

Don't make life overly complicated by tippy toeing. Just say whats on your mind.

I do agree Ballard black and white answer on paper is the best option. You fail to understand what goes on behind the scenes with player decisions for each game. We can only speculate why, I'm not going to say AV hates Ballard and won't play him until I see solid proof of that.

As of right now I see a player who has underperformed due to injury, moving to a new team and had a handful of solid games. Ballard is just as responsible for the hand he's dealt as management is.

I can agree with that.

Ballard gave us a much better option against Cagary than Alberts and Barker.

The rest of the behind the scenes stuff? We will never know.

For instance, if Ballard gets traded tomorrow, is it because he was pissed about sitting the last 2 games or was this in the works for a long time?

My hope would be that it was in the works otherwise AV has ridiculously bad talent analysis.

However, if it was sitting the last 2 games that forced MG's hand to make the trade, MG should look at firing AV because the trade was forced due to AV's poor roster decisions.

But AV clearly came out and said it wasn't because of size, it was because he felt Ballard wasn't playing well enough, which is a load of crap and every knows since he has been better than most our defenseman this season.

Kassian was -4. Hamhuis was -2. Raymond was -2, Weise was -2.

I understand he wasn't at peak preformence, but most of the team wasn't. If he was out playing bad and was the only one, and stood out like a sore thumb in that regard, then I understand and I can accept it easily, I just can't understand how he can scratch Ballard when he wasn't the only one not playing well, and when other guys have played for worse for far longer and have stayed in the lineup.

Kassian was -4. Hamhuis was -2. Raymond was -2, Weise was -2.

I understand he wasn't at peak preformence, but most of the team wasn't. If he was out playing bad and was the only one, and stood out like a sore thumb in that regard, then I understand and I can accept it easily, I just can't understand how he can scratch Ballard when he wasn't the only one not playing well, and when other guys have played for worse for far longer and have stayed in the lineup.

Archived