The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coaching decisions

miles.p

I also don't disagree, but he could atleast play them less. In this case Weise and Kassian aren't huge losses. (Although who are we kidding Weise is AV's golden boy) Hamhuis and or Raymond could have atleast been demoted to a lesser role if they were preforming up to standard.

Its just the consistency I would like to see.

I also don't disagree, but he could atleast play them less. In this case Weise and Kassian aren't huge losses. (Although who are we kidding Weise is AV's golden boy) Hamhuis and or Raymond could have atleast been demoted to a lesser role if they were preforming up to standard.

Its just the consistency I would like to see.

Hamhuis and Raymond could have been demoted, but there would be no point, since neither was/is playing poorly. (BTW: Hamhuis was -1 in the games against Detroit and Phoenix, not -2, and he averaged about 8 minutes more than Ballard)

In any event, the difference between between forwards and defense is that the Canucks didn't have 2 veteran forwards waiting in the wings to play their first game of the season. Ebbett has had his shot.

I know CDC isn't much of a Dale Weise fan, but he's pretty much done exactly what the team has asked him to. Everyone was disappointed to see Volpatti leave, (I believe the Canucks were as well) but Weise is a better skater, is more defensively responsible, kills penalties and is second on the team in hits, despite being next to last (Tom Sestito) in average TOI...

This team has been over coached to the point where they seldom fight back. It first happened in the Boston cup final and the edginess taken away from the team. They have not been the same since that series.Of course they took a pounding. Guys that used to be abrasive and under the skin of the opponents just skate away from dirty plays scared to take a penalty. Maybe that is whats wrong with Edler who used to deliver punishing checks. Is as if everyone is over coached and not allowed to do what they do best.Ballard is an example of that. Now they will probably screw up Tanev. Hamhuis is also messed up in my opinion. In spite of all that the team is still competitive. Get rid of AV and his assistant and bring in a coach that will not over think things, but demands hard work. Maybe Gillis will have to go too for letting this go on this long

Alberts and Barker needed to play at some point. You don't want them forced into the lineup because of injury late in the season, without already having had a chance to play under game conditions.

The situation with the forwards is not the same.

There should be a bag AV puts over his head for interviews. The Canuck's head bag of shame. At least with a bag over his head he wouldn't have to look at the people who don't care what he has to say. He can laugh at his own humor all by himself in the bag.

Mg isn't helping....he is over pricing luongo, he has 4 left side defensemen making +4m, a glaring hole at 3rd line center and we are still lacking toughness in the top 9 forwards!!!!

The last one bugs me the most because we have had this problem for the last few years and he still hasn't solved it!!!!

This team has been over coached to the point where they seldom fight back. It first happened in the Boston cup final and the edginess taken away from the team. They have not been the same since that series.Of course they took a pounding. Guys that used to be abrasive and under the skin of the opponents just skate away from dirty plays scared to take a penalty. Maybe that is whats wrong with Edler who used to deliver punishing checks. Is as if everyone is over coached and not allowed to do what they do best.Ballard is an example of that. Now they will probably screw up Tanev. Hamhuis is also messed up in my opinion. In spite of all that the team is still competitive. Get rid of AV and his assistant and bring in a coach that will not over think things, but demands hard work. Maybe Gillis will have to go too for letting this go on this long

• 1 month later...

Blast from the past...

So much fail in this thread...

Where are the AV supporters now?

On a brighter note, it's good to see some of you have converted.

Honestly, I know that with the way the team is right now, we have ZERO chance of winning the cup so lately, I have begun to embrace the losses because the more our playoff future is in jeopardy, the better the likelyhood of AV getting fired.

All you homers can point your finger at me and question my love for the Canucks but what you need to understand is that I feel this way because I do love this team and know that this team is capable of performing much better with a better coach.

Our elite talent and effort used to win games like tonight however, it should be apparent that our system has been figured out by the better coached teams in this league, our effort level has come down and now we are just relying on natural talent to win games.

We've tried tweaking this team year after year. The only thing that hasn't been done is to get a new coach. So all you AV lovers out there, why would you continually do the same thing over and over again and continue to fail when we can try something new in hopes that a coaching change might be the missing ingredient?

Do you have that much faith in AV that you would rather try a major shakeup like trading Kesler rather than trying a new coach?

If not a major shakeup, and not replacing the coaching, what's the best plan? minor tweaks again and hope for the best???

Archived