The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coaching decisions

miles.p

I wouldn't worry about Vigenault getting fired anytime soon, I'd worry about Mike Gillis.

Luongo situation keeps dragging on, we have all this money committed for next year and the cap is falling....part of a GM's job is to manage the cap and with 4 over-paid players (Ballard, Garrison, Booth, Burrows) we're going to have some cap issues next year. So you buy out Ballard, that still leaves you with a hole on the third pairing, you buy out Booth and you've got a second line winger missing, we resign Raymond and Weise and Volpatti and we're left with barely any cap space and not nearly enough for a second line winger.

I wouldn't worry about Vigenault getting fired anytime soon, I'd worry about Mike Gillis.

Luongo situation keeps dragging on, we have all this money committed for next year and the cap is falling....part of a GM's job is to manage the cap and with 4 over-paid players (Ballard, Garrison, Booth, Burrows) we're going to have some cap issues next year. So you buy out Ballard, that still leaves you with a hole on the third pairing, you buy out Booth and you've got a second line winger missing, we resign Raymond and Weise and Volpatti and we're left with barely any cap space and not nearly enough for a second line winger.

Only complete homers will state that Alain Vigneault should still be the coach of the Canucks.

They point to the Jack Adams, and the two Presidents Trophies, and Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final. But that is what simple folk do. They point to stats, they point to awards and accolades.

However, Vigneault didn't get them there. They did.

Vigneault is done here. His systems are far too primitive for the talent on this team. He is predictable and moronic. What other coach on the NHL would let a goalie stay in net for EIGHT goals?!!! No one.

The sooner they get rid of the cancer that is AV the better. He belittles his players when he himself cannot adjust his own "game" to a changing league. He has no place instructing nor guiding players whose talent is far beyond his ability to coach.

I can hear all the AV homers now. Their pathetic excuses brimming.

Mark my words: As long as Alain Vigneault is the head coach of the Vancouver Canucks, they will never win a Stanley Cup. Ever.

Do the Canucks have the talent, skill, and fortitude to win a Cup? Damn straight they do!

Do they have a great captain? Yes. Absolutely.

Is their coach bushleague? Yes. Alain Vigneault has no place as head coach after tonights game.

Nuck, nice to have you back. You were gone for awhile there.

Drama boy,the Canucks are leading most of the NHL with a goalie that is threatened to be traded,a second line that was on IR and a d corps that looked like they just lost Sami Salo and Christian Ehrhoff.

The fact is,the Canucks came out of the second two goals down and on the PP to start the third.

It was the first long road trip in this very short season that was pretty successful up until the third period.

Let's give the team some applause and respect and that includes the coach,shall we?

*sigh* Here we go again... The fans ruining the team for everyone. Lu will be gone, AV will be gone, next will be MG and we will become losers again. Then everyone will wonder what happened, I'll tell you that you brought it on yourself and you deserved what you got.. Only problem will be I'll have to suffer right along with your dumb a****. <_<

Only complete homers will state that Alain Vigneault should still be the coach of the Canucks.

They point to the Jack Adams, and the two Presidents Trophies, and Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final. But that is what simple folk do. They point to stats, they point to awards and accolades.

Vigneault is done here. His systems are far too primitive for the talent on this team. He is predictable and moronic. What other coach on the NHL would let a goalie stay in net for EIGHT goals?!!! No one.

The sooner they get rid of the cancer that is AV the better. He belittles his players when he himself cannot adjust his own "game" to a changing league. He has no place instructing nor guiding players whose talent is far beyond his ability to coach.

Mark my words: As long as Alain Vigneault is the head coach of the Vancouver Canucks, they will never win a Stanley Cup. Ever.

Do the Canucks have the talent, skill, and fortitude to win a Cup? Damn straight they do!

Is their coach bushleague? Yes. Alain Vigneault has no place as head coach after tonights game.

Leading the division really means nothing, since there is literally no competition in our division and if we were in any other division we wouldn't even be in a playoff spot right now most likely.

And the improvements that need to be made are in the coaching department, thats the thing.

Sometimes change is good if corporate culture becomes stagnant, not progressing and improving. Not to say we should fire AV, but like any organization sometimes the line staff(players) need new leadership or management to give them a kick in the butt(not to say that the millions they are paid aren't enough incentive). But I would argue that AV's lack of passion is translating down to the players...

1) Bozak is no rental u sign him long term term if u deal for him

2) IIRC?

3) im using bozak as an example because he has been rumoured to be coming back the other way if indeed luo gets dealt to tor and that cap space may not used now but in the off season when the cap comes to 64.3m and we already have 59m spent already for next year, there is gonna be some wheeling and dealing from the canucks

4) I don't think so either because those players are very valuable and cost a lot to acquire or take time to develop and we don't have time so my point is that mg has to spend a quality piece (most likely a 2nd or 1st pick) to fill this need....I don't think mg at this time is willing to go there and that's what scares because u can guarantee us to be contending this year and the next...after that, who knows

This is our time and without outrageously sacrificing our future, put all your eggs into this year and the next

what people dont seem to grasp is that its not just AV, its the entire coaching staff. i would like someone to try and defend the decision to put daniel sedin on the point on the powerplay with a straight face. how about we leave luongo in for 8 goals (again) when the game is out of hand. please tell me that cam barker isnt a better option than andrew alberts. please tell me that AV didnt cry himself to sleep when aaron rome left. the message is stale. its time for a change. doesnt make him a crapty coach, its just their time to go. happens to players all the time, they need a fresh start somewhere, well the team needs a fresh start.

No, please go ahead and re-read what I wrote. Don't misinterpret the meaning of my posts.

The team has had success DESPITE the lack of a good coach. Now you might disagree about my definition of a good coach. AV is certainly not one of them.

Answer this question. Do you think the meltdowns (including the 3-0 collapse against chicago) in the playoffs could have been avoided had we had another coach? I honestly believe so. I feel that if we had a better coach, we would have had 1 SC banner by now. The Canucks were good but again not good enough. Simply because of coaching. This is evident, when the teams that they have lost in the playoffs have won on to win the SC. I also feel that any other coach besides AV would have gotten the same accomplishments, simply because of the players.

Also, as I recall, when the Canucks lost in the SCF, Gillis said that he feels that the team is good enough to win it all. He kept the core and made minor changes, but this time they didn't even get close to the finals. Furthermore, we still have the same players, the twins who won the hart trophy, the vezina candidate, and all the supporting core. With your logic, they should have won in the playoffs. But that has not happened yet. Why? Again because of the coach. The coach that you seem to back so much has failed 6 out of 7 playoff attempts. I don't know what your standards of fail is, but my standard, that is a fail and a half. Why should you get another chance when you've failed 6 times already.

Now again refer to my analogy of the rusty engine. This engine is rusty. You can get milage from a rusty engine, but don't expect the same performance as you got it when it was brand new.

NEXT

what people dont seem to grasp is that its not just AV, its the entire coaching staff. i would like someone to try and defend the decision to put daniel sedin on the point on the powerplay with a straight face. how about we leave luongo in for 8 goals (again) when the game is out of hand. please tell me that cam barker isnt a better option than andrew alberts. please tell me that AV didnt cry himself to sleep when aaron rome left. the message is stale. its time for a change. doesnt make him a crapty coach, its just their time to go. happens to players all the time, they need a fresh start somewhere, well the team needs a fresh start.

Archived