731 replies to this topic

#331 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,649 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

Once in 6 years, after being a goal away from being eliminated in the greatest upset in NHL history in round 1.

Lol greatest upset in history?

Sorry but Anaheim over Detroit 2003 or San Jose over Detroit in 1994 or Florida over Philly and Pittsburgh in 96.

You're absolutely delusional to think Chicago over Van is the greatest upset in history.

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#332 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,925 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Really? We can't even say that anymore? Not even when we're talkimg about an exceptionally obtuse wall?
I'm glad to know the new rules.
Wwhen AV is fired, and that day will come, we'l look back at this and laugh. We'll I will. AV homers will quietly whimper in the corner somewhere while the neww coash and Corey Schneider bring Vancouver the Cup.

A coach of a professional sports team will one day be fired??!?!??! You're freaking foresight is astonishing, tell me will the sun rise tomorrow? Will people have to pay taxes? We have to know please tell us oh amazing Oracle of obvious things to come. :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#333 kamaole

kamaole

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

POPULAR

Well, this is clearly a heated debate. I have been going to games since the 70's, watching the game tonight, &'to have your 1st shot of the game @ the 13 min mark after the horrific previous game says something. You can pick apart AV forever. He's a good coach but every team needs a change after a while. 2 presidents trophies does not a gran prize Stanley cup make. Time for some true winning. Don't get me wrong, I like AV. I think he would be great.....somewhere else. The team is stale. These players are either not responding to him, or his system is not right fornthisnteam. Something is off.

It's not a "panic button" or "knee jerk reaction" as some of you have suggested. Its the WAY we either lose or win that tells you we are in trouble.

No team that loses as badly as we did in Detroit should come out with no shot in the 1st 7 min of the game unless not either prepared or invested; they should come out fired up, embarrassed, looking for redemption.
Time to step back &look at the big picture. Several years into this coach's term & we are still waiting, making excuses. Smell,the coffee! How much longer are we going to hear: "it's our year, be patient", finish good reg season then lose in playoffs ?

#334 kamaole

kamaole

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Thats why you win Presidents trophies, feeding off easy teams only... :rolleyes:

Right......& the trophy all NHL teams compete for, imagine, dream of as children is the PRESIDENT'S trophy...

"gee golly, when I grow up I hope I get to play hockey & skate around the rink with that presidents trophy. Stanley who?"

Means nothing other than home ice advantage & in fact, that is even MORE of a reason we should have won the cup by now! 2 years of that advantage & we still couldn't do,it.

#335 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,649 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Right......& the trophy all NHL teams compete for, imagine, dream of as children is the PRESIDENT'S trophy...

"gee golly, when I grow up I hope I get to play hockey & skate around the rink with that presidents trophy. Stanley who?"

Means nothing other than home ice advantage & in fact, that is even MORE of a reason we should have won the cup by now! 2 years of that advantage & we still couldn't do,it.

Did I say the President's trophy is all that matters?

Gee golly I didn't...

RIP Luc Bourdon

#336 kamaole

kamaole

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

We're down a goal, Were humiliated last game & Raymond just said between periods: "we started sluggish tonight; there's not a lot of room out there". Sluggish? Really? You get smoked by Detroit & you come out sluggish??!!

This team is underworked, uninspired and sadly, CLEARYnhas little pride. After the lockout, THAT's howmyounsay thankmyountomthe fans.

Wish I could be "sluggish" in my job without consequence...

#337 kamaole

kamaole

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Canuck73_3
you are right....you didn't. Just responding to those who keep throwing that one out there.

#338 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

We're down a goal, Were humiliated last game & Raymond just said between periods: "we started sluggish tonight; there's not a lot of room out there". Sluggish? Really? You get smoked by Detroit & you come out sluggish??!!

This team is underworked, uninspired and sadly, CLEARYnhas little pride. After the lockout, THAT's howmyounsay thankmyountomthe fans.

Wish I could be "sluggish" in my job without consequence...

Yeah, I guess it's all over. So I guess you'll be watching curling all next week?

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#339 kassian's lost tooth

kassian's lost tooth

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

Yeah, I guess it's all over. So I guess you'll be watching curling all next week?

regards,
G.

Why can't you express a thought or opinion here without getting whizzed on, especially by troglodytic homers?

#340 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Why can't you express a thought or opinion here without getting whizzed on, especially by troglodytic homers?

I've moved up to "troglodyte"? Cool. Does that entitle me to the secret decoder ring, or do I still have to collect those darn box tops?

The other poster suggested that the team was under performing, poorly motivated and not well prepared. The poster then implied that the team was not worth watching. I made an inquiry about whether he (she?) would be watching other sporting events next week rather than Canucks games.

And just out of curiosity, do you watch Canucks games while you are seated or standing?

regards,
G.

#341 kassian's lost tooth

kassian's lost tooth

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

I've moved up to "troglodyte"? Cool. Does that entitle me to the secret decoder ring, or do I still have to collect those darn box tops?

The other poster suggested that the team was under performing, poorly motivated and not well prepared. The poster then implied that the team was not worth watching. I made an inquiry about whether he (she?) would be watching other sporting events next week rather than Canucks games.

And just out of curiosity, do you watch Canucks games while you are seated or standing?

regards,
G.

He/she's entitled to an opinion formed by what he/she observed. They looked uninspired...he/she noted it. No implication made as to whether it's worth watching...you inferred it. And as to how I watch games...irrelevant to this discussion.

#342 kassian's lost tooth

kassian's lost tooth

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

regards,
G.

He/she appears to be right. Loss tonight obviously had absolutely nothing to do with coaching.

#343 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

He/she's entitled to an opinion formed by what he/she observed. They looked uninspired...he/she noted it. No implication made as to whether it's worth watching...you inferred it.

Absolutely entitled to an opinion, as am I. And I think it's pretty easy to infer from what the OP said that the team is not worth watching.

And as to how I watch games...irrelevant to this discussion.

I get the impression that you're a standee, but that's just my opinion.

regards,
G.

#344 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

He/she appears to be right. Loss tonight obviously had absolutely nothing to do with coaching.

So both of you will be watching curling next week?

regards,
G.

#345 kassian's lost tooth

kassian's lost tooth

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

Absolutely entitled to an opinion, as am I. And I think it's pretty easy to infer from what the OP said that the team is not worth watching.

I get the impression that you're a standee, but that's just my opinion.

regards,
G.

If you enjoy ho hum performances, fill your boots. At least youre guaranteed of not having those pesky playoff games impose on those spring evening plans.

#346 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

If you enjoy ho hum performances, fill your boots. At least youre guaranteed of not having those pesky playoff games impose on those spring evening plans.

Yeah, definately a standee.

regards,
G.

#347 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,649 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

I will admit the assistant coaches IMO need a shake up badly AV can stay for now.

RIP Luc Bourdon

#348 kassian's lost tooth

kassian's lost tooth

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Yeah, definately a standee.

regards,
G.

I'm sorry I have no idea what you're talking about or why it's relevant.

#349 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

I will admit the assistant coaches IMO need a shake up badly AV can stay for now.

There might be something to this.

The revolving door of d-man pairings is something which has been a bit of a concern with this team. Garrison was paired with at least two different guys this game. For these last couple of games this has been due to Bieksa's injury situation, but it will be interesting to see if the pairings firm up when he returns.

regards,
G.

#350 kassian's lost tooth

kassian's lost tooth

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

Henrik just admitted to the team not playing a full 60 minutes. This is disturbing considering this was supposed to be a bounce back game.

#351 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

Again with the Irony ROFL it is so lost on you but very comical to me!

Tell me something Aladeen, when you look in the mirror, how depressed are you?
Posted Image

#352 kamaole

kamaole

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

regards,
G.

ya, I guess that sluggishness wasn't a problem at all tonight; they're "tired". Just as tired as Boston, Chicago and Anaheim.

As for watching curling. No, maybe not next week, but surely in May.

#353 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

The systems have been figured out.... Too much backwards passing ends up with the d hemmed in.... Sedins cycle was stymied all game... Sigh....

#354 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Henrik just admitted to the team not playing a full 60 minutes. This is disturbing considering this was supposed to be a bounce back game.

You've in fact hit on the real issue with this team. Henrik gets in front of camera's and admits they didn't play 60 minutes. Not only that, he says they actually played really well. He's done that for several of the recent stinkers.

Meanwhile, Claude Giroux calls a team meeting last week and rips into his team for under performing. The question of whether that helped is unclear, but my point is that the acceptance of poor play and lack of intensity by our team captain is a reflection of the mindset of leadership group...including the coaches. Yes the team has has won more than it's lost so far this season, but the reality is that since the Boston game last year, the team has failed to show any urgency on a regular basis.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#355 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

This is where the anti AV crowd is absolutely stupid.

You can't have post season success without regular season success really not that hard to figure out...

Teams like LA last year, Carolina and Edmonton in 06 and Calgary in 04 come along once in a blue moon but 80-90% of the time teams with regular season success have post season success regardless of how bad or good there division is, didn't seem to hurt Detroit having a crap division for the better part of 96-2008

Stupid or not, we've already had more than enough regular season success and nothing to show for it in the playoffs except for being a Stanley Cup runner-up once. That's not good enough anymore.

#356 badbeatjackpot

badbeatjackpot

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

I'm a true believer in that teams will play the way they practice. I consider regular season a practice for the Canucks. For those that think the Canucks will simply flip the switch come playoffs are in for a rude awakening.
There's only 2 scenarios folks.
Either our team is not as good as we thought OR simply they are not achieving their potential.

My hope is that the problem is the latter. If our problem is scenario 1, we are in a far worse position to win a cup as that would mean we need to pull of some major trades to be in contention again.

If the problem is us not playing to our potential, then the quickest and easiest fix is to switch up the coaching.

The Canucks have become WAY too predictable in the way they play and you will see that we struggle against well coached teams. We struggle against, St Louis (Hitchcock), Det (Babcock), Chicago (Quenville), Phoenix (Tippet), Kings (Sutter). All these teams come in with a game plan because we only know how to play one way. Most of us that watch every game know exactly where the puck will go when its in our zone. I find myself already fully knowing what our players will do BEFORE they make their move to get the puck out of our zone. Well guess what? So do the other teams.

For instance, tonight, I saw the Coyotes players cheat many times to the boards just waiting for the reverse or the usual chip up the boards towards the blue line. They were there ahead of the play just waiting for a nice tape to tape pass from our d-man.

Now for those that think the playoffs will be different are in complete denial. In the playoffs, it will be even tougher against a well coached team because they know our system inside out and have 7 games to execute what they practice.

In our cup run, the Nashville series REALLY stood out to me because on paper, Nashville should have been swept by us. However, they were successfully able to shut down the Sedins and it took a beast mode solo performance from Kesler to beat them. What Kesler did in that series is NOT coachable and that's why Nashville did not have an answer for Kesler. They didn't have a game plan for the unpredictable play of Kesler (where he simply beat them with skill NOT system) where as they knew EXACTLY what to expect from the Sedins.

So, to summarize, without a coaching change or an addition of a game breaker, it should be obvious that this year will be no different from any other year.

#357 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

Lol greatest upset in history?

Sorry but Anaheim over Detroit 2003 or San Jose over Detroit in 1994 or Florida over Philly and Pittsburgh in 96.

You're absolutely delusional to think Chicago over Van is the greatest upset in history.

Oh really?
How many Presidents Trophy winning teams have built a 3 games to none lead in a playoff series only to piss it away and come within an overtime goal of elimination to an 8th place team? By my count, that's a zero. If it didn't end up being the biggest upset in history it definitely would've been in the top 3.

#358 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,925 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

Tell me something Aladeen, when you look in the mirror, how depressed are you?

Wow that's amazingly witty, you burned me good man. You got me I look in the mirror and cry that I'm not so awesome like you as to randomly attack people I have never even talked to before online.

Let me ask you a question... Does attacking people on CDC randomly make you feel good? Is that how you get turned on? Give it a rest Superman... you have already displayed that you have zero to contribute to any conversation, I haven't even seen you post anything that resembles anything that is on topic of the thread you are posting in. At best you're a troll at worst you probably stalk people online.

You have sick obsession with me, you probably need to seek some serious mental help... just some advice. Grow a pair and post your opinion, or will you have a mental breakdown if someone disagrees with you?

You're a joke.
Posted Image

#359 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

Perhaps the shake up this team needs is not a coaching change but dare I say it a new captain? I am not dissing Hank I really like the Sedins but as others have pointed out right now our team, our core, kesler (?) needs someone who will stand up and tell them this type of play just isn't going to cut it anymore. It feels as if Hank is just patting them on the back.

Edited by Gillyfluffball, 27 February 2013 - 01:04 AM.

2en5jwi.jpg

CHOCOLATE RAIN, YOU GUYS! CHOCOLATE RAIN!

Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

#360 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,649 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

Oh really?
How many Presidents Trophy winning teams have built a 3 games to none lead in a playoff series only to piss it away and come within an overtime goal of elimination to an 8th place team? By my count, that's a zero. If it didn't end up being the biggest upset in history it definitely would've been in the top 3.

It wouldn't have even been top 3 as I listed 4 series that were bigger upsets and that's not even going beyond the 90's and off the top of my head. So wrong again...

RIP Luc Bourdon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.