The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coaching decisions

miles.p

I do not see these as the same thing.

Mike Gillis extended AV when a lot of people (including, I would bet, a lot of people in this thread) expected him to be fired. That is a vote of confidence. Nothing more, nothing less.

Now, I suppose there may be a slight possibility that MG's opinion has changed over the course of this season, but I highly doubt that a sample size of 18 games has had that much of an effect.

You can say that the possibility of Gillis not having confidence in AV is on the same footing as my opinion that he does, but the reality is, I have evidence to back my claim, while you have none.

I do not see these as the same thing.

Mike Gillis extended AV when a lot of people (including, I would bet, a lot of people in this thread) expected him to be fired. That is a vote of confidence. Nothing more, nothing less.

Now, I suppose there may be a slight possibility that MG's opinion has changed over the course of this season, but I highly doubt that a sample size of 18 games has had that much of an effect.

You can say that the possibility of Gillis not having confidence in AV is on the same footing as my opinion that he does, but the reality is, I have evidence to back my claim, while you have none.

Look at the entire conversation. I post an idea, then he comes at me with some real highbrow retort about my hockey IQ and then something about me bitch, bitch, bitching, which I hardly think I'm doing, as I always preface my idea with "I bleive" or "possibly" or "might be".

And I hope you understand that what that means is the wall is even harder to talk to than a regular wall - a developmentally disabled wall. I really hope you understand that. I didn't call him anything other than obstinate. I really, really hope you got that.

Simply because Lindy Ruff is the best coach available in the NHL right now, and he's currently out of a job.

I'm hearing a lot of 'but he didn't get it done either'; he's done exactly the same thing as AV has managed, with significantly less tools in the toolbox. President's Trophy (well, a tie in points with detroit, but more wins) A Stanley Cup finals performance, and plenty of conference finals appearances, DESPITE having, at most, one and a half lines, with goaltending. In the year that Ruff won the Jack Adams, he managed to massage Buffalo to the 7th game of conference finals against Carolina who won the cup, DESPITE having their top four D out (of which an old Teppo Numminen was probably their top guy), and without Connoly, who was on fire that year.

AV lost Mason Raymond and Aaron Rome, and couldn't get it done.

you really think hockey teams can play perfect hockey time after time? can you tell me which one in your expert opinion?

the kings coach couldnt win a cup in years of coaching in the NHL, he finally won ONE in LA, so hes perfect?

perfect hockey, thats a nice concept, i haven't seen it yet, please let me know when you see it

Congrats. You found a grand total of two typos in a wall of text. Good spelling catch.

You ought to teach a Hooked on Phonics class. Of course, phonics are something you have to hear. Unless you can hear me typing, maybe you should go back to the drawing board.

All of this rapier wit wasted on not giving me one worthwhile response to my idea that AV's time may (notice the context of my assertion) be up.

It was fun bloodying your virtual nose, but I've got hooked on phonics classes to attend. I'll be sure to bring my keyboard.

I don't care about spelling, I am often typing on a phone and can't check my spelling 100% but you ragged on me about spelling so if you do that you better be a perfect speller.

Bleive ou me, I cen stil undrstnd wut ou men wen ou dnt spel corictly.

A virtual bloody nose? ROFL stop being an internet thug tough guy.

Personally, I have more respect for people willing to back up their ideas instead of hiding behind I believe or possibly or might be. Yah anything is "possible", your "beliefs" are of zero relevancey to anything and "might be" is for fortune tellers and psychics. Back up your position with some proof, facts or stats or stop posting about things you have no business commenting about.

Its interesting to see that the majority of AV haters would love to see Ruff as a replacement for AV citing that he gets great results with lesser players.

Vanek

Miller

Erhoff

Hodgson we'll take his name off the list as to not provoke further controversy.

Pominville

Ennis

Stafford

Myers

Regher

Ott

Grigorenko

One thing I can say with absolute confidence is if AV had that team to work with, they wouldn't be in the sub sub basement of the Eastern Conference.

You are without a doubt the WORST poster on the CDC for just insulting and antogonizing other CDCers. You say that opinions don't matter without facts and that they have zero relevancy. Well that sums up every single post you have ever made. Way to call the kettle black buddy. Here is a stat to back up my position. You have 2024 posts, of which 90% are you calling people out for doing the exact same things you do, then 10% of your posts are you telling people your "feelings" about stuff. You call him an internet tough guy, yet if you are not doing the same thing, then you have absolutely nothiong to say at all.

King of BS and Bertuzzi Babe have recently learned what happens when you be a (insert naughty word here). I am surprised you havent joined them yet, but it won't be long until you do.

Sabres are in worst shape than the Canucks. Wasn't the coaching's fault. They fired him just for the sake of change. He's an amazing coach. Canucks need a hot headed guy to coach them, not a gum chewing mute. Easy as that. Need a guy who doesn't pick and choose favourites and sit on leads. We need a coach who pulls a goalie after he lets in 5 goals, not keep him in and kill his confidence and stats.

Sabres are in worst shape than the Canucks. Wasn't the coaching's fault. They fired him just for the sake of change. He's an amazing coach. Canucks need a hot headed guy to coach them, not a gum chewing mute. Easy as that. Need a guy who doesn't pick and choose favourites and sit on leads. We need a coach who pulls a goalie after he lets in 5 goals, not keep him in and kill his confidence and stats.

Archived