The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coaching decisions

miles.p

Yep....still waiting for that fair shot for Ballard too..... ;)

I am perfectly willing to admit that my opinion on things is not the end all and be all....that is why it is an opinion. But I don't think my questions regarding AV can be categorized as a reaction to a blowout loss to Detroit or that my opinions have no merit because AV has a good regular season record......

I value your opinion as a (usually) reasonable poster even when we disagree because most of the time you do not add the personal attacks or other BS that the other guy in this thread does. To be fair though your (and his) opinions are still just opinions. It seems a bit much to suggest it is fact and ours are fiction. The real world does not work taht way.

Seriously man, does anyone really care about regular season accomplishments like President's trophies that come on the back of being in the weakest division in the NHL?

He has had 7 years and gotten out of the 2nd round of the playoffs once.........so really, who cares about the useless regular season accolades? It is about how does this group win a cup. AV has accomplished exactly zero with this group based on that benchmark.

I get that AV, the core players, and fans like you think runner up in the Stanley Cup is good enough as long as we keep winning President's Trophies.

Puuuuuuulease......those are the useless arguments of people who realize their coach has done jack squat when it REALLY counts.

You are purposely obtuse as to the actual point I was making and that's your prerogative Just don't respond to my posts though if you have no real point to make.

And it is hilarious that you can honestly say AV has gotten enough out of his 23 man roster EVER in the playoffs. Good luck arguing that one buddy.

You're posts are pathetic and have zero value keep whining for AV to be fired what is hilarious is the fact that you think the winningest coach in Canucks history will be fired while the team is still winning. What a joke.

and Yet your arguements call for the Hiring of Ruff... you reek of hypocrisy. One thing I just figured you're right about... your post are not worth responding to so I will leave you to hold your breath till AV is fired.

Really? We can't even say that anymore? Not even when we're talkimg about an exceptionally obtuse wall?

I'm glad to know the new rules.

Wwhen AV is fired, and that day will come, we'l look back at this and laugh. We'll I will. AV homers will quietly whimper in the corner somewhere while the neww coash and Corey Schneider bring Vancouver the Cup.

Well, this is clearly a heated debate. I have been going to games since the 70's, watching the game tonight, &'to have your 1st shot of the game @ the 13 min mark after the horrific previous game says something. You can pick apart AV forever. He's a good coach but every team needs a change after a while. 2 presidents trophies does not a gran prize Stanley cup make. Time for some true winning. Don't get me wrong, I like AV. I think he would be great.....somewhere else. The team is stale. These players are either not responding to him, or his system is not right fornthisnteam. Something is off.

It's not a "panic button" or "knee jerk reaction" as some of you have suggested. Its the WAY we either lose or win that tells you we are in trouble.

No team that loses as badly as we did in Detroit should come out with no shot in the 1st 7 min of the game unless not either prepared or invested; they should come out fired up, embarrassed, looking for redemption.

Time to step back &look at the big picture. Several years into this coach's term & we are still waiting, making excuses. Smell,the coffee! How much longer are we going to hear: "it's our year, be patient", finish good reg season then lose in playoffs ?

Right......& the trophy all NHL teams compete for, imagine, dream of as children is the PRESIDENT'S trophy...

"gee golly, when I grow up I hope I get to play hockey & skate around the rink with that presidents trophy. Stanley who?"

Means nothing other than home ice advantage & in fact, that is even MORE of a reason we should have won the cup by now! 2 years of that advantage & we still couldn't do,it.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

We're down a goal, Were humiliated last game & Raymond just said between periods: "we started sluggish tonight; there's not a lot of room out there". Sluggish? Really? You get smoked by Detroit & you come out sluggish??!!

This team is underworked, uninspired and sadly, CLEARYnhas little pride. After the lockout, THAT's howmyounsay thankmyountomthe fans.

Wish I could be "sluggish" in my job without consequence...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

We're down a goal, Were humiliated last game & Raymond just said between periods: "we started sluggish tonight; there's not a lot of room out there". Sluggish? Really? You get smoked by Detroit & you come out sluggish??!!

This team is underworked, uninspired and sadly, CLEARYnhas little pride. After the lockout, THAT's howmyounsay thankmyountomthe fans.

Wish I could be "sluggish" in my job without consequence...

Archived