The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coaching decisions

miles.p

In your opinion...

Leading the division means home ice advantage for at least one round. Leading the division now could turn to 2nd or 1st in the west. Honestly improvements need to be made by the players on the ice, Edler needs to play better, Hamhuis needs to play better, Garrison needs to be more consistent, as does Kassian. Those 4 players improve that we become a tough team to play every night.

If that doesn't happen the team struggles then look at a new coach in the off season, it really isn't a critical situation just yet.

We need to be prepared to play, we need to make adjustments to the line-up and the specialty teams, we need better decision making, and we need more discipline and hardwork. Look at what Randy Carlyle is doing in Toronto, what Pete Deboer is doing in New Jersey, what Quenville is doing in Chicago, what MacLean is doing in Ottawa.

Now imagine if we had coaches like these with the team we have..

Another night, another horrible coaching decisions. So many things wrong with this game that I don't know where to start.

But this is no surprise at all. This effort is expected from the Canucks. The coaching staff looking clueless and continue to chew his gum, looking like he has no trump card left.

Kassian is showing why he's still a "prospect" with "untapped potential" and he will get it eventually.

Kesler will never be what he was in 2010. One fluke year and nothing else to show besides that.

Can any of you explain what being "Outcoached" means or are you all using the term cause it is the thing to do after a loss

None of you are on the bench to see/hear what AV is telling his team you guys have no idea what is happening down there

For all you know AV was trying to get his team to adapt to the way Detroit was playing all night

Can any of you explain what being "Outcoached" means or are you all using the term cause it is the thing to do after a loss

None of you are on the bench to see/hear what AV is telling his team you guys have no idea what is happening down there

For all you know AV was trying to get his team to adapt to the way Detroit was playing all night

It's not always the techincal anbility of a coach that needs to be improved, it can be the communication style, ability to adapt, treatment of players, and the ability to motivate players to get the most from each.

AV my be a great coach but perhaps his message is getting old and the players are losing focus/intensity. They certainly play like it most nights. LA was a different team with a new coach and message. The Leafs seem to be a different team to play agianst this year under Carlyle though they have hte same personnel as last year.

I doubt Buffalo thinks they will get a better technical coach than Ruff but they are looking for a change of pace, attitude, message to spark their players.

The Nucks system looks tired and predictable. They have been dominated for long periods of time in a way I have not seen any team dominated. Something is wrong and you can't replace l the players.

In vancouver, vigneault has averaged around a .640 win %. I think that's about .100 more than what Lindy ruff's % is.

edit not 100% sure on stats, but yeah.

Every coach makes weird decisions.

Also realize,

06-07 we lose to the eventual stanley cup champs.

08-09 we lose to the hawks in the first round.(ok)

09-10 we lose to the eventual stanley cup champs.

10-11 we lose to the stanley cup champs.

11-12 we lose to the eventual stanley cup champs.

please.

SO correct me if I am wrong.

- The success of this team is because of the team, and has nothing to do with AV

- The downfalls of the team are all the fault of AV?

Honestly, if Mike Babcock were fired tomorrow, I would hop right on the bandwagon to fire AV and hire Babcock.

However, AV is still one of the better coaches in the league and there is no real replacements available.

Is he the best coach in the NHL? I don't think anyone would say that. But I think most people would have him hovering around the top-5 every year.

He's basically the Luongo of Coaches. Gets a lot of undue hate, but is still one of the best at what he does.

Archived