731 replies to this topic

#211 Mauii

Mauii

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

That is what matters in hockey, that is what matters to GMs, and that is what matters to Owners. Until he starts losing and misses the playoffs his job is safe, and for you so called fans that would hope the Canucks lose and miss playoffs to have AV fired, here is a newsflash, you aren't fans.

I believe winning the Cup is what matters to GM, Owners and fans...and mediocrity and uninspired hockey is not going to cut it.

Edited by Mauii, 26 February 2013 - 12:18 AM.

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil."

#212 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Seriously man, does anyone really care about regular season accomplishments like President's trophies that come on the back of being in the weakest division in the NHL?

He has had 7 years and gotten out of the 2nd round of the playoffs once.........so really, who cares about the useless regular season accolades? It is about how does this group win a cup. AV has accomplished exactly zero with this group based on that benchmark.

I get that AV, the core players, and fans like you think runner up in the Stanley Cup is good enough as long as we keep winning President's Trophies.

Puuuuuuulease......those are the useless arguments of people who realize their coach has done jack squat when it REALLY counts.

You are purposely obtuse as to the actual point I was making and that's your prerogative Just don't respond to my posts though if you have no real point to make.

And it is hilarious that you can honestly say AV has gotten enough out of his 23 man roster EVER in the playoffs. Good luck arguing that one buddy.

You're posts are pathetic and have zero value keep whining for AV to be fired what is hilarious is the fact that you think the winningest coach in Canucks history will be fired while the team is still winning. What a joke.

and Yet your arguements call for the Hiring of Ruff... you reek of hypocrisy. One thing I just figured you're right about... your post are not worth responding to so I will leave you to hold your breath till AV is fired.
Posted Image

#213 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

I believe winning the Cup is what matters to GM and Owners...mediocrity and uninspired hockey is not going to cut it.

Yup and guess what they know its not easy to do, I would hardly call the tenure under AV mediocre and uninspired. All you can ask is that this team competes for the Cup each and every year and to do that they need to make the playoffs and guess what.... They do.
Posted Image

#214 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,460 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

You're posts are pathetic and have zero value keep whining for AV to be fired what is hilarious is the fact that you think the winningest coach in Canucks history will be fired while the team is still winning. What a joke.

and Yet your arguements call for the Hiring of Ruff... you reek of hypocrisy. One thing I just figured you're right about... your post are not worth responding to so I will leave you to hold your breath till AV is fired.

It's about time.....I was hoping you would put me on ignore actually so I would not have to deal with you. The team is only winning because they are in a weak division.....so all your regular season accolades that you cling to like a baby's blanket to keep you warm really amount to nothing in the grand scheme of things. Eventually teams run out of excuses for not being able to translate all that regular season "success" into a cup. There is nothing to suggest that will magically happen under AV.

#215 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

I care, president trophies and winning hockey is better than being an Islander's fan or a blue jackets fan

Yah no doubt, lets see we could compete each and every year or we could be missing the playoffs.

Nothing will ensure a cup on any given year, but one thing will make damn sure you won't win the cup... that is missing the playoffs.

Coach Vs record of making the playoffs is the best we have ever seen, so until we start missing the playoffs these whiners are SOL about getting AV fired.
Posted Image

#216 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,460 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

Yup and guess what they know its not easy to do, I would hardly call the tenure under AV mediocre and uninspired. All you can ask is that this team competes for the Cup each and every year and to do that they need to make the playoffs and guess what.... They do.

Playing in the NW division has meant an automatic playoff berth for several years now........so exactly what has AV accomplished again?

#217 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

It's about time.....I was hoping you would put me on ignore actually so I would not have to deal with you. The team is only winning because they are in a weak division.....so all your regular season accolades that you cling to like a baby's blanket to keep you warm really amount to nothing in the grand scheme of things. Eventually teams run out of excuses for not being able to translate all that regular season "success" into a cup. There is nothing to suggest that will magically happen under AV.

go cheer on the Blue Jackets or the Islanders, they have a good track record of changing coaching personal, apparently that's what does it for you in hockey.
Posted Image

#218 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Luongo
Raymond
Schroeder

Laich
Brouwer
Neuvirth

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#219 Mauii

Mauii

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Did you not watch the last quarter and first round exit last season? The only player that played inspired hockey was Hodgson, whom AV apparently had an issue with...go figure! Making the playoffs and the ability to going deep and winning the Cup are two different situations. Many teams can make the playoffs but only an elite few can challenge for the Cup, granted they're playing on a level playing field.

Edited by Mauii, 26 February 2013 - 01:19 AM.

#220 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,460 posts

go cheer on the Blue Jackets or the Islanders, they have a good track record of changing coaching personal, apparently that's what does it for you in hockey.

As usual, the idiotic banter of someone who has no real argument to make.

#221 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

Did you not watch the last quarter and first round exit last season? The only player that played inspired hockey was Hodgson, whom AV apparently had an issue with...go figure! Making the playoffs and the ability to going deep and winning the Cup are two different scenarios. Many teams can make the playoffs but only an elite few can challenge for the Cup.

Yah when have the Canucks ever challenged for the cup under AV :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#222 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

As usual, the idiotic banter of someone who has no real argument to make.

WHAAAAAA fire AV boo hooo that will solve all the imaginary issues I have with team... stick to fantasy hockey I would be astonished if you weren't in last place.
Posted Image

#223 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,460 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

WHAAAAAA fire AV boo hooo that will solve all the imaginary issues I have with team... stick to fantasy hockey I would be astonished if you weren't in last place.

This comment just shows you do not understand hockey at all. You really think our team is playing perfect hockey the last two seasons? How come they haven't won a cup yet then? There are a ton of issues with this team and one of the biggest is the coaching staff.

Weren't you going to ignore me or something?

#224 Mauii

Mauii

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

Yah when have the Canucks ever challenged for the cup under AV :rolleyes:

How many leads has he blown :picard:

#225 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,460 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

Not sure why me being in a fantasy hockey league offends you this much but I think you need to get over it man. I don't see what it adds to the conversation. If you don't like my opinion, then just ignore it.

#226 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

This comment just shows you do not understand hockey at all. You really think our team is playing perfect hockey the last two seasons? How come they haven't won a cup yet then? There are a ton of issues with this team and one of the biggest is the coaching staff.

I didn't say anything about ignore I just said your posts aren't worth responding to... You just make crap up in your head please quote me where I said I was ignoring you, its funny watching you get into a fit about wanting AV fired due to your personal reasons but you offer no valid reasons as to why he should be fired besides no cup, yet you want to replace him with a coach who has never won a cup. Actually you are too amusing to ignore.

How about this if AV is fired before the end of the season because your hockey wisdom is finally understood by people who matter I will put whatever you want in my sig and vice-versa so long as it conforms with board policy.

If your arguments are so sound its just a matter of days before AV is fired so you should have no problems making this bet.

Edited by Aladeen, 26 February 2013 - 12:37 AM.

Posted Image

#227 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

Not sure why me being in a fantasy hockey league offends you this much but I think you need to get over it man. I don't see what it adds to the conversation. If you don't like my opinion, then just ignore it.

all this tells me is that you are in last place. I have nothing against fantasy hockey I just think you are probably as bad at it as you are trying to argue your emotional rationale for having AV fired.
Posted Image

#228 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

How many leads has he blown :picard:

Yah he let the goals in, he alone blew any leads. How many games has he won or the team has come from behind to win or get points out of, only you deserve :picard: :picard:

:picard:

:picard: If he deserves all the blame for every blown lead then he also deserves all the credit for every win, and every come from behind win or OTL

Edited by Aladeen, 26 February 2013 - 12:41 AM.

Posted Image

#229 Mad Cow Disease

Mad Cow Disease

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

AV should go if this year isn't prosperous. With the lineup we've had over the past 4 seasons, we've had the potential to go all the way but it was always something different that made our team look weak and get shut down. The Blackhawks were too good for us all around for 2 years. They nearly kicked us out the 3rd year, which eventually lead us to being outworked by the hustle of the Bruins and the defense surrounding the brick wall of Tim Thomas...the latter was the same case with Quick and the Kings for the entire 5 games.

Aladeen, you can keep on referencing this team without AV as synonymous to cheering for Columbus or NYI but you're ignoring the notion that we've had a top 5 (hell, top 2 or 3 arguably) roster in the league for the past 4 years on paper.

I believe it's what a lot of people say. Perhaps hearing the same ol' thing over and over for 7 years connotes a lesser effect on the team each time. I believed it showed last year and it's showing this year too. AV is a good coach, and we have an excellent roster, but that doesn't mean we should settle for President's Trophies and 1st/2nd round exits. I believe our window to win with AV and this lineup was 2011. I'd love to be proven wrong.

*waits for Aladeen to go crazy at me*

#230 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,460 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

all this tells me is that you are in last place. I have nothing against fantasy hockey I just think you are probably as bad at it as you are trying to argue your emotional rationale for having AV fired.

I play in two leagues.......so far making the playoffs in one I believe (and that is the barometer for ultimate success to you, right? Or does that just apply to AV?) First place in the other one. So I think I do okay. It has no impact on my opinion on AV or the issues with the Canucks though so I fail to see why it is relevant to the discussion in the first place.

For me to have personal reasons to want AV fired I would have to actually know him personally, wouldn't I? Do I personally care if he gets fired or not? No. It has no impact on my life other than I will have to continue to wait more years for this team to win a cup. But I think I will survive.

#231 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

AV should go if this year isn't prosperous. With the lineup we've had over the past 4 seasons, we've had the potential to go all the way but it was always something different that made our team look weak and get shut down. The Blackhawks were too good for us all around for 2 years. They nearly kicked us out the 3rd year, which eventually lead us to being outworked by the hustle of the Bruins and the defense surrounding the brick wall of Tim Thomas...the latter was the same case with Quick and the Kings for the entire 5 games.

Aladeen, you can keep on referencing this team without AV as synonymous to cheering for Columbus or NYI but you're ignoring the notion that we've had a top 5 (hell, top 2 or 3 arguably) roster in the league for the past 4 years on paper.

I believe it's what a lot of people say. Perhaps hearing the same ol' thing over and over for 7 years connotes a lesser effect on the team each time. I believed it showed last year and it's showing this year too. AV is a good coach, and we have an excellent roster, but that doesn't mean we should settle for President's Trophies and 1st/2nd round exits. I believe our window to win with AV and this lineup was 2011. I'd love to be proven wrong.

*waits for Aladeen to go crazy at me*

I don't know you not sure why you're referencing me in your post. You have made some reasonable points, but these teams that beat the Canucks also steamrolled alot of other teams, so by that logic any team that ever loses to these powerhouse teams should fire their head coach.

Honestly tell me that another coach could have over come the things that went against the Canucks in these series. The officiating and universal hate for the Canucks in 2011, on top of what you've already stated the wall of Tim Thomas and the Defence of the Bruins (were all these things AVs fault? were the injuries to the Canucks AVs fault?) honestly now.

What about the elvation of play in the hard hitters of the Blackhawks like Bufylien and Bolland? the refs turned a blind eye to things they normally would have called and it sent a signal to these players it was open season on the Canucks where was the personal to match that? If they Canucks matched that are we so Naive to believe that the refs would have let the rough and tough Canucks have their way with the Blackhawk stars?

As for LA come on they steamrolled everyone they played against, they made some great deadline moves and we lost our superstar player in Daniel (not saying he being healthy would have won the series but it definitely didn't help).

My point comes down to a team must make the playoffs to with the Cup... if they don't they can't win it... simple as simple can be and AV all but assures a playoff appearance in his 7 years, I don't think there are too many other coaches that could have done the same.
Posted Image

#232 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

I play in two leagues.......so far making the playoffs in one I believe (and that is the barometer for ultimate success to you, right? Or does that just apply to AV?) First place in the other one. So I think I do okay. It has no impact on my opinion on AV or the issues with the Canucks though so I fail to see why it is relevant to the discussion in the first place.

For me to have personal reasons to want AV fired I would have to actually know him personally, wouldn't I? Do I personally care if he gets fired or not? No. It has no impact on my life other than I will have to continue to wait more years for this team to win a cup. But I think I will survive.

well seeing as you ignored my bet proposal I will guess that either 1. you just read a line or two and infer what you will or 2. that you somehow can write but can't read, or 3. you choose not to address it because you know your arguments are weak and invalid.

Well I wish you good luck in your fantasy hockey and hope that you don't fire yourself if you don't come in first place and play again next year lol. :lol:
Posted Image

#233 canadaguy_25

canadaguy_25

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

If all you want is to make the playoffs every year, then congratulations! You get your wish. I believe most of us want more and AV can't deliver that. Getting past the second round ONCE in seven years is proof of that.

[size=4]I didn't say anything about ignore I just said your posts aren't worth responding to... You just make crap up in your head please quote me where I said I was ignoring you, its funny watching you get into a fit about wanting AV fired due to your personal reasons but you offer no valid reasons as to why he should be fired besides no cup, yet you want to replace him with a coach who has never won a cup. Actually you are too amusing to ignore.

How about this if AV is fired before the end of the season because your hockey wisdom is finally understood by people who matter I will put whatever you want in my sig and vice-versa so long as it conforms with board policy.

If your arguments are so sound its just a matter of days before AV is fired so you should have no problems making this bet.

I absolutely will take that bet. There is no way AV survives this season. We will make the playoffs on the backs of terrible NW division opponents and then get exposed in the playoffs, if AV survives that long.

#234 37yrsncounting

37yrsncounting

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

Playing in the NW division has meant an automatic playoff berth for several years now........so exactly what has AV accomplished again?

so does that mean if we were not playing in the NW division, we wouldnt have made the playoffs?

beating chicago, nashville and san jose to get into the stanley cup final is pretty good, no? none of those teams were in the NW division were they?

would you rather being calgary, edmonton, and all the other teams that don't make the playoffs?

what would you be complaining about then?

#235 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

If all you want is to make the playoffs every year, then congratulations! You get your wish. I believe most of us want more and AV can't deliver that. Getting past the second round ONCE in seven years is proof of that.

I absolutely will take that bet. There is no way AV survives this season. We will make the playoffs on the backs of terrible NW division opponents and then get exposed in the playoffs, if AV survives that long.

well I wasn't talking to you at all, and have zero idea who you are. But you will have to wait to take that bet until I get a response about it from wallstreet unless you are him on another account parroting the same BS he has been spewing.
Posted Image

#236 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

so does that mean if we were not playing in the NW division, we wouldnt have made the playoffs?

beating chicago, nashville and san jose to get into the stanley cup final is pretty good, no? none of those teams were in the NW division were they?

would you rather being calgary, edmonton, and all the other teams that don't make the playoffs?

what would you be complaining about then?

its AVs fault calgary and edmonton suck too LOL
Posted Image

#237 37yrsncounting

37yrsncounting

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

you really think hockey teams can play perfect hockey time after time? can you tell me which one in your expert opinion?

the kings coach couldnt win a cup in years of coaching in the NHL, he finally won ONE in LA, so hes perfect?

perfect hockey, thats a nice concept, i haven't seen it yet, please let me know when you see it

#238 canadaguy_25

canadaguy_25

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

I don't know you not sure why you're referencing me in your post. You have made some reasonable points, but these teams that beat the Canucks also steamrolled alot of other teams, so by that logic any team that ever loses to these powerhouse teams should fire their head coach.

Honestly tell me that another coach could have over come the things that went against the Canucks in these series. The officiating and universal hate for the Canucks in 2011, on top of what you've already stated the wall of Tim Thomas and the Defence of the Bruins (were all these things AVs fault? were the injuries to the Canucks AVs fault?) honestly now.

What about the elvation of play in the hard hitters of the Blackhawks like Bufylien and Bolland? the refs turned a blind eye to things they normally would have called and it sent a signal to these players it was open season on the Canucks where was the personal to match that? If they Canucks matched that are we so Naive to believe that the refs would have let the rough and tough Canucks have their way with the Blackhawk stars?

As for LA come on they steamrolled everyone they played against, they made some great deadline moves and we lost our superstar player in Daniel (not saying he being healthy would have won the series but it definitely didn't help).

My point comes down to a team must make the playoffs to with the Cup... if they don't they can't win it... simple as simple can be and AV all but assures a playoff appearance in his 7 years, I don't think there are too many other coaches that could have done the same.

This is the problem I have with the pro-AV arguament. You keep talking about how great the Boston defence was and how L.A. steamrolled everyone. When you win a Presidents Trophy, that means you were the best team inthe regular season. You have no excuse not to be the best team in the playoffs. We should not be using Boston and L.A. as measuring sticks! We should be setting the standard that other teams need to live up to. AV's tired "process" won't allow us to do that. Who gives a sh*t if we're the best regular season team if we're just gonna lose in the first round and say "They steamrolled everyone so it's ok". That mentality of excusing horrible play has to go with Vigneault.

#239 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

This is the problem I have with the pro-AV arguament. You keep talking about how great the Boston defence was and how L.A. steamrolled everyone. When you win a Presidents Trophy, that means you were the best team inthe regular season. You have no excuse not to be the best team in the playoffs. We should not be using Boston and L.A. as measuring sticks! We should be setting the standard that other teams need to live up to. AV's tired "process" won't allow us to do that. Who gives a sh*t if we're the best regular season team if we're just gonna lose in the first round and say "They steamrolled everyone so it's ok". That mentality of excusing horrible play has to go with Vigneault.

And with the Anti AV argument our weak division is the only reason we won those president's trophies so give me a break you guys are just hypocrites and believe the only reason we lost was coaching? You can have the greatest coaches in the world but at the end of the day it is up to the players to get it done on the ice. You honestly believe we would have won the Cup if Ruff was the head coach? get your head checked if you say that then you didn't watch the SCF in 2011.
Posted Image

#240 canadaguy_25

canadaguy_25

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

And with the Anti AV argument our weak division is the only reason we won those president's trophies so give me a break you guys are just hypocrites and believe the only reason we lost was coaching? You can have the greatest coaches in the world but at the end of the day it is up to the players to get it done on the ice. You honestly believe we would have won the Cup if Ruff was the head coach? get your head checked if you say that then you didn't watch the SCF in 2011.

Absolutely! Just imagine we replaced Columbus, and had to play Chicago, Detroit, Nashville and St. Louis a lot more often. There is no way that we would have won a Presidents Trophy. I'm also not saying that Ruff would have won us the cup in 2011, but I am saying AV didn't. If it wasn't for Luongo robbing Sharp in game 7 against Chicago and Burrows scoring the game winner, AV would have been canned and this conversation would never take place. I'm also saying that there is no excuse for losing in 5 games to the Kings. I don't care how much they dominated other teams. We shouldn't have to make excuses for losing to anyone, as we should be able to compete with anyone. And are you really gonna say you're happy with the way the team has played this season? They lose by 4 goals to Anaheim, then beat terrible Calgary and Edmonton teams, then lose by 4 goals to San Jose, and beat lousy Dallas and Minnesota teams... This is how we win President's Trophys. We win a couple half-ass games against terrible teams and get blown out when real competition shows up. This is why AV has to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.