The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This teams identity needs to be changed

yete

seriously this team has too many guys who are agitators like lappy, kesler, burrows and these guys send the wrong message to rest of the team

look I don't mind burrows he is playing better but its Ryan Kesler who is starting to get on my nerves

remember the year Ryan Kesler had a talk with Giliis and he committed his game to be more like Jonathon Toews from the hawks he broke out that year...

The real issue with Kesler he spends to much time yapping and chirping this rubs off on burrows and the rest of the team

bottom line is you can't have your Alternative Captain diving around and chirping it rubs off on the rest of the team

Look at Jonathan Toews as much as we hate him that guy is a player who shuts up and lets his work on the ice do the job.......

Kesler has all the tools to be like Toews, its time Gillis sits him down and talks to him again because Kesler is back to being the old Kesler............

Also Canucks need to change there image like Montreal did in a positive way and for that I blame the coach

But the canucks are built on the powerplay so it seems like coaching staff allows this because well they need a powerplay!

i say enough of the kumbaya canucks, and Yappierre chirping we should add a couple skilled super heavyweights for handling business, instead of chirping french clowns we should have serious beef providing intimidation factor translating into swagger down the roster, skilled players get more room , play with more confidence when they know they have the biggest psychos in the building on there side, anybody that has played serious hockey knows intimidation/ respect/lack of respect are huge factors and psychology is 3/4 of the battle. 2 more heavy sandpaper additions gillis. make it happen.

I thought this was another "Change the jersey" or "Get rid of the Orca" thread.

I agree to an extent, though. Kesler needs to stop chirping and trying to draw penalties and just play - forget the diving, forget the head-snapping. Just play. You can't continue the play and dive/head-snap at the same time. Burrows at least shows up every shift and gets results on the top line. Lappierre, on the other hand, is pretty much a non-factor and invisible most games... pretty much like the coaching.

He's right in that the coaching staff does seem to encourage the team to get the powerplay. We need a coach who just makes the team play hard. I've had enough of this folding and bending over when things don't go the team's way. It has been their undoing in the playoffs. Talk about the goaltending, talk about the lack of scoring and everything else all you want. I believe all those issues come down to one thing: the team folds big time when they get rattled or frustrated. I hear the team talk about how they handle adversity well but I don't see it at all. Frankly, it's the opposite. They don't handle adversity well at all. They seem to just hit a wall.

I thought this was another "Change the jersey" or "Get rid of the Orca" thread.

I agree to an extent, though. Kesler needs to stop chirping and trying to draw penalties and just play - forget the diving, forget the head-snapping. Just play. You can't continue the play and dive/head-snap at the same time. Burrows at least shows up every shift and gets results on the top line. Lappierre, on the other hand, is pretty much a non-factor and invisible most games... pretty much like the coaching.

He's right in that the coaching staff does seem to encourage the team to get the powerplay. We need a coach who just makes the team play hard. I've had enough of this folding and bending over when things don't go the team's way. It has been their undoing in the playoffs. Talk about the goaltending, talk about the lack of scoring and everything else all you want. I believe all those issues come down to one thing: the team folds big time when they get rattled or frustrated. I hear the team talk about how they handle adversity well but I don't see it at all. Frankly, it's the opposite. They don't handle adversity well at all. They seem to just hit a wall.

I dont really understand why people are calling lapierre yapierre personally, considering the fact that it is really not a bad season for him. the coach told him to play a specific way and he is buying in to the system, if u have a problem with him then go ahead and try to find a better 4th line centerman then him which u cant

i say enough of the kumbaya canucks, and Yappierre chirping we should add a couple skilled super heavyweights for handling business, instead of chirping french clowns we should have serious beef providing intimidation factor translating into swagger down the roster, skilled players get more room , play with more confidence when they know they have the biggest psychos in the building on there side, anybody that has played serious hockey knows intimidation/ respect/lack of respect are huge factors and psychology is 3/4 of the battle. 2 more heavy sandpaper additions gillis. make it happen.

Archived