The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This teams identity needs to be changed

yete

Look at the leadership of this team....

The captain has the same sense of urgency in pre-season as he does in a game 7 playoff round. There is no spark, or pride, or push back on this team at all. It literally looks like Henrik doesn't know what the score is..winning or losing this guy is so vanilla. It takes far more to be a captain then solid consist hockey, thats def what you want in a hockey player, but it would be nice to have a captain who might actually be able to ralley the troups if needed.

Don't blame the captain or the Sedins at all.

I blame MG. He has had over 2 years to find a big sniper to play with the Sedins. We didn't need to replace Salo and we could have used the cap for the right guy up front. I would even have settled for Jagr.

I love our team but we are so dependant on our D being offensive. It then tends to break down when they are unable to help as much when we play good teams in the playoffs.

We have NOT had a 2nd line since the Boston playoffs............and I still don't think we have.

I just don't understand why Kesler still dives when he knows that he already has that reputation.....if order to get rid of the diver, yapper label, Kelser needs to drop the groves and fights some tough guys more often, until then, he is just a diver and can't back up his yapping on the ice...

Jason Garrison calls Jason-Garrison only meeting

VANCOUVER—After a tumultuous and disappointing first half of their season, Jason Garrison reportedly called a Jason-Garrison-only meeting Sundayto air out the many issues still plaguing the Canucks. “There are 30 games to go and we’re still inconsistent, so everybody needs to step their game up right now,” Garrison reportedly said during the closed-door talks, which did not include coaches, upper management, or any of the other 18 players on the Canucks roster. “I’m sick of hearing excuses about shoulder/groin injuries or goaltender trade speculation. We should be contending for the title, but I feel like I’m the only one out there who even gives a damn. And frankly, that’s pathetic.” Reached for comment, Garrison told reporters the meeting was “very positive,” as it was unanimously agreed that the former 16 goal scorer should get more of the puck during games.

Jason Garrison calls Jason-Garrison only meeting

VANCOUVER—After a tumultuous and disappointing first half of their season, Jason Garrison reportedly called a Jason-Garrison-only meeting Sundayto air out the many issues still plaguing the Canucks. “There are 30 games to go and we’re still inconsistent, so everybody needs to step their game up right now,” Garrison reportedly said during the closed-door talks, which did not include coaches, upper management, or any of the other 18 players on the Canucks roster. “I’m sick of hearing excuses about shoulder/groin injuries or goaltender trade speculation. We should be contending for the title, but I feel like I’m the only one out there who even gives a damn. And frankly, that’s pathetic.” Reached for comment, Garrison told reporters the meeting was “very positive,” as it was unanimously agreed that the former 16 goal scorer should get more of the puck during games.

Brilliant, brilliant, clap, clap, clap. What a well thought out statement.

Bravo, bravo Yete, you are certainly very gifted when it comes to almost creating thoughts in your head.

Excellent work young lad, excellent, simply splendid.

Take the rest of the week off, you've earned it.

Again, bravo, simply marvelous.

seriously this team has too many guys who are agitators like lappy, kesler, burrows and these guys send the wrong message to rest of the team

look I don't mind burrows he is playing better but its Ryan Kesler who is starting to get on my nerves

remember the year Ryan Kesler had a talk with Giliis and he committed his game to be more like Jonathon Toews from the hawks he broke out that year...

The real issue with Kesler he spends to much time yapping and chirping this rubs off on burrows and the rest of the team

bottom line is you can't have your Alternative Captain diving around and chirping it rubs off on the rest of the team

Look at Jonathan Toews as much as we hate him that guy is a player who shuts up and lets his work on the ice do the job.......

Kesler has all the tools to be like Toews, its time Gillis sits him down and talks to him again because Kesler is back to being the old Kesler............

Also Canucks need to change there image like Montreal did in a positive way and for that I blame the coach

But the canucks are built on the powerplay so it seems like coaching staff allows this because well they need a powerplay!

I agree Towes = whiner

If anyone has played a high level of hockey you will know that dam near everyone on the ice is trying to draw a penalty.

especially in a high stakes game between evenly matched teams.

Drawing a penalty and diving are 2 different degrees of the same thing.

Drawing a penalty - holding the sick under your arm,

run into someone while in pursuit of the puck and don't try as hard as you can to get away from the player you ran into.

Turn your back on a hit along the boads, make 2 fist and push them against the boards to help your back.

The best are the trips, with the exception of a Shea weber pitchfork and stepping on the stick blade, trips are all embellished, it's so easy to make them look real.

I remember my coach saying "let yourself fall don't make yourself fall"

Diving is crossing that line

head snapping, and literal jumping, "making yourself fall"

Kesler does it, its pretty shameful.

I hate it.

Archived