The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2012-2013 Kalamazoo Wings Thread

NuxFan09

Update from yesterday:

Chicago Wolves@Chicago_Wolves

BREAKING NEWS: Center Alex Friesen has been reassigned from the #chicagowolves to the ECHL's Kalamazoo Wings.

There are now an incredible 7 drafted prospects on the Wings roster (Sauve, Rai, Anthony, Friesen, Grenier, Mallet, Myron). Just too many guys with AHL only contracts on the Wolves. Haydar, Sterling, Davies, Desbiens, Kattelus, Miller, Matheson, Hunt, Clime are all Wolves property (I might have missed some) and are the top priority, apparently. That's just way too many players on AHL contracts for that team to be a positive environment for the development of Canucks prospects/

Anyway, this is the ECHL thread so I'll drop it. Just thought I'd note that update.

Update from yesterday:

Chicago Wolves@Chicago_Wolves

BREAKING NEWS: Center Alex Friesen has been reassigned from the #chicagowolves to the ECHL's Kalamazoo Wings.

There are now an incredible 7 drafted prospects on the Wings roster (Sauve, Rai, Anthony, Friesen, Grenier, Mallet, Myron). Just too many guys with AHL only contracts on the Wolves. Haydar, Sterling, Davies, Desbiens, Kattelus, Miller, Matheson, Hunt, Clime are all Wolves property (I might have missed some) and are the top priority, apparently. That's just way too many players on AHL contracts for that team to be a positive environment for the development of Canucks prospects/

Anyway, this is the ECHL thread so I'll drop it. Just thought I'd note that update.

There's some players on the Wings that are too good for the ECHL. Unfortunately it's a numbers game.

Hopefully next season we'll have our own farm team, and guys like Sauve, Grenier, Mallet, and Friesen can play there.

It's at the point where it's hurting our chances of developing good prospects. Having guys like Cannata and Polasek constantly sitting out is no good.

The Wings defeated the Fort Wayne Komets 3-2 today on the strength of two goals in third period.

Yann Sauve: 1 assist, 2 PIMS, 2 shots, +2

Steven Anthony: No points, 1 shot, Even

Alex Friesen: 1 assist, 0 shots, +1

Alex Grenier: 1 goal, 2 PIMS, 3 shots, Even

Alex Mallet: 1 assist, 6 shots, Even

Wesley Myron: No points, 0 shots, Even

Friesen and Sauve had been struggling for the majority of this year thus far so I don't mind seeing them get big minutes in Kalamazoo.

Polasek's a regular now in Chicago though, I'm happy to say.

With Mallet and Grenier both being late-bloomers, I'm not opposed to seeing them play this season in the ECHL as well to get development time to work on their offense and all-around game. Look what a year there did for Archibald.

The real irony is that the issue isn't the Wolves, but Arniel specifically.

The Wings lost 4-2 to the Evansville IceMen today. Steven Anthony was not in the lineup.

Yann Sauve: No points, 2 shots, -1

Alex Friesen: No points, 1 shot, -3

Alex Grenier: 1 PP goal, 2 shots, -1

Alex Mallet: No points, 2 shots, -2

Wesley Myron: No points, 2 PIMS, 0 shots, -1

Sauve, Grenier and Mallet should definitely be in the Chicago right now. It's criminal to keep them in the AHL and it's a bad situation for their development.

Also cannot understand Arniel's consistent benching of Cannata. He's been solid in his starts yet continues to ride the pine.

The Canucks really need a new affiliate next season.

The Wings were embarrassed by the Greenville Road Warriors yesterday, losing 9-2. Anthony was out of the lineup again.

Yann Sauve: 1 assist, 2 shots, -2

Alex Friesen: No points, 2 shots, -3

Alex Grenier: No points, 4 shots, -1

Alex Mallet: 1 goal, 2 shots, -1

Wesley Myron: No points, 1 shot, -2

The Wings lost to the Wheeling Nailers 2-1 in a shootout yesterday. Neither Anthony or Myron were in the lineup.

Yann Sauve: No points, 1 shot, -1

Alex Friesen: No points, 3 shots, Even

Alex Grenier: No points, 0 shots, -1

Alex Mallet: No points, 1 shot, -1

Sauve, Grenier and Mallet should definitely be in the Chicago right now. It's criminal to keep them in the AHL and it's a bad situation for their development.

Also cannot understand Arniel's consistent benching of Cannata. He's been solid in his starts yet continues to ride the pine.

The Canucks really need a new affiliate next season.

Archived