The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Embarassed

406281dylan

Road trip against 4 teams in the top 8.. 4 games in 6 nights... finished with a 2-1-1 record.

How many would have taken that record before the trip?

A little perspective please.

A loss is a loss, whether it's 1-0 2-1 8-3 or 10-0.

For those who actually play sport, ever had one of those games where everything goes wrong regardless of what you do?

I don't normally post but can't believe the negativity.

Road trip against 4 teams in the top 8.. 4 games in 6 nights... finished with a 2-1-1 record.

How many would have taken that record before the trip?

A little perspective please.

A loss is a loss, whether it's 1-0 2-1 8-3 or 10-0.

For those who actually play sport, ever had one of those games where everything goes wrong regardless of what you do?

I don't normally post but can't believe the negativity.

I just love the "one line smart asses on CDC," not to mention the "drama grammar queens"

The guy is upset and rightly so with the hatchet job that is perpetrated on this team after every loss.

He took the time to start a thread trying to describe these feelings and is subjected to the usual single cell jokers, who feel, that although they have nothing constructive to contribute a one line put down will show how smart they are...................Newsflash..........it certainly does!

I just love the "one line smart asses on CDC," not to mention the "drama grammar queens"

The guy is upset and rightly so with the hatchet job that is perpetrated on this team after every loss.

He took the time to start a thread trying to describe these feelings and is subjected to the usual single cell jokers, who feel, that although they have nothing constructive to contribute a one line put down will show how smart they are...................Newsflash..........it certainly does!

I think Dylan is absolutely right.

How many of you are consistent with whatever your job is? You have good days and bad days. Get off your high horses.

Luongo sucked this game indeed, so did the rest of the team.

A real fan says, better luck next time boys, we still cheer you on.

I'm tired of the rollercoaster fans. They cheer only when things are going well.

A real fan, cheers their team on. For a bad game they need support, not crap thrown at them.

Just my two cents.

Team owners and Gillis are the ones that should be embarrassed with this coaching staff..

How can you continue with this coaching staff?

Top two goalie tandem in the league, if not the best and AV embarrass his owners without puling the goailie? Let alone his goalie when he's not having a good night and for what? fun?

Any rookie coach would pull a goalie after 4 or 5 or 6 or 7? Let alone any arm chair sports fan in any league. Duh! 4 goals is usually the standard in under 2 periods AV Duh!

Especially with a number 1 goalie on the bench whether its Luongo or Sneids.

What a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People want the coach to get the team motivated. People want the coach to get them fired up. People want the coach to be a scape goat when their all-star players dont show up.

(Players are making 1-6 million a season. If they cant stay motivated then their salaries should be taken and given to soldiers or hard working middle class folk.)

People want the goalie to save everything. People want the goalie to play consistently. People want the goalie to be a scape goat when the coach and all-star players dont show up.

(Consistently two of the best goalies in the league year in and year out. Dont know what else to really say on that one.)

People want all-star players to score 20 per game. People want all-star players to play consistently. People want all-star players to take the blame for no goals scored.

(3 goals in a game is usually a pretty solid effort. Problem is there wasn't cohesion between offence and defence last night. That is what happens when 4 games in 6 nights with a lot of travel are played.)

Do you see the trend? No matter what a group of players will be blamed on CDC for the same thing another group within the team will be blamed for by others. Quite entertaining when you come to CDC for the first time since Saturday and the first page is all about how terrible we are and our players are.

Support the team. Yes there are problems. There are problems for all teams (except maybe CHI right now). Get over it and move on to the next game. No point in calling for everyone's head after one bad loss.

Also, what has Ruff accomplished other than missing the playoffs with a solid team consistently?

I think Dylan is absolutely right.

How many of you are consistent with whatever your job is? You have good days and bad days. Get off your high horses.

Luongo sucked this game indeed, so did the rest of the team.

A real fan says, better luck next time boys, we still cheer you on.

I'm tired of the rollercoaster fans. They cheer only when things are going well.

A real fan, cheers their team on. For a bad game they need support, not crap thrown at them.

Just my two cents.

Great sentiment but .. you're crazy.

First off, don't know how you are guaranteeing that AV is bringing us back to the cup, second of all, Lindsay Ruff is a great coach who is available, not that I want to go that route. Thirdly, no one is slagging Lapierrie who is playing 4th line minutes. Your points are all ... not pointy.

I must say, u know I am pissed with the results of the game,but i am not as pissed about the game as i am with some fans. You say ur a Canucks fan but yet u criticize the team after every win or loss. First off I am going to start with the coaching staff. To the people who want AV fired, i disagree he is a great coach, who got us to the cup finals a couple years ago, and is about to bring us back their this year, besides if u fire him who do u want Jaque Martin the man who ruined MTL. Next off leave Kesler alone, the guy has played with so much heart and if u cannot appreciate that then u should go root for the Boston Bruins. Also I hear plenty of criticism towards Maxim Lapierre this year, u remember the guy who makes 1 million dollars, who we aquired for nothing on deadline day and he turned out to be an amazing player for us, winning faceoffs, leading are team in hits standing up for teammates and chipping in offensively. the man who has for ur information not opened up his mouth once on the ice this season to better are hockey club,he also has a great plus 4 plus minus. I just want to hear how u can criticize him when he has 1 less point then ur 3rd line center and probably more points then almost any 4th liner in the league. So that should be enough for u guys to leave him alone cause beleive it or not he is a big leader in our locker room. Next off this team is headed in a great direction and maybe if they had are support rather then are negative weight on their backs they would play much better.

I dont understand how people can call thereselves fans if they show no support.

2-1-1 is still 2 wins and 2 losses, which isn't really that impressive. The biggest problem with our team is inconsistency. People keep saying that everyone needs to relax because we're 10-4-4. That's still 10 wins and 8 losses, which isn't exactly dominant.

When you break it down, six of those wins come against our own division, none of which will make the playoffs. The other four are against Dallas (most likely a non-playoff team), Nashville ( bubble playoff team) and two good wins against Chicago and Anaheim.

Our eight losses come against Detroit, Chicago, Anaheim, San Jose, L.A., St. Louis (all likely playoff teams), Dallas (possible playoff team), and Edmonton.

So if you include Nashville and Dallas as playoff-caliber teams, that puts our record at 4 wins against playoff teams and 7 losses to playoff teams.

Do you understand now why so many people are growing concerned with the direction this team is taking? I'm not being negative/ pessimistic but realistic. This team has some glaring problems. You just have to pay attention.

People want the coach to get the team motivated. People want the coach to get them fired up. People want the coach to be a scape goat when their all-star players dont show up.

(Players are making 1-6 million a season. If they cant stay motivated then their salaries should be taken and given to soldiers or hard working middle class folk.)

People want the goalie to save everything. People want the goalie to play consistently. People want the goalie to be a scape goat when the coach and all-star players dont show up.

(Consistently two of the best goalies in the league year in and year out. Dont know what else to really say on that one.)

People want all-star players to score 20 per game. People want all-star players to play consistently. People want all-star players to take the blame for no goals scored.

(3 goals in a game is usually a pretty solid effort. Problem is there wasn't cohesion between offence and defence last night. That is what happens when 4 games in 6 nights with a lot of travel are played.)

Do you see the trend? No matter what a group of players will be blamed on CDC for the same thing another group within the team will be blamed for by others. Quite entertaining when you come to CDC for the first time since Saturday and the first page is all about how terrible we are and our players are.

Support the team. Yes there are problems. There are problems for all teams (except maybe CHI right now). Get over it and move on to the next game. No point in calling for everyone's head after one bad loss.

Also, what has Ruff accomplished other than missing the playoffs with a solid team consistently?

Archived