The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Embarassed

406281dylan

I must say, u know I am pissed with the results of the game,but i am not as pissed about the game as i am with some fans. You say ur a Canucks fan but yet u criticize the team after every win or loss. First off I am going to start with the coaching staff. To the people who want AV fired, i disagree he is a great coach, who got us to the cup finals a couple years ago, and is about to bring us back their this year, besides if u fire him who do u want Jaque Martin the man who ruined MTL. Next off leave Kesler alone, the guy has played with so much heart and if u cannot appreciate that then u should go root for the Boston Bruins. Also I hear plenty of criticism towards Maxim Lapierre this year, u remember the guy who makes 1 million dollars, who we aquired for nothing on deadline day and he turned out to be an amazing player for us, winning faceoffs, leading are team in hits standing up for teammates and chipping in offensively. the man who has for ur information not opened up his mouth once on the ice this season to better are hockey club,he also has a great plus 4 plus minus. I just want to hear how u can criticize him when he has 1 less point then ur 3rd line center and probably more points then almost any 4th liner in the league. So that should be enough for u guys to leave him alone cause beleive it or not he is a big leader in our locker room. Next off this team is headed in a great direction and maybe if they had are support rather then are negative weight on their backs they would play much better.

I dont understand how people can call thereselves fans if they show no support.

this times infinity.

that fact that so many people dont understand this is shocking to me.. its like as fans we should just be happy and not complain or be embarassed or concerned if the team is becoming less and less a cup contender otherwise they are labelled as not a true fan., complete horsecrap!

thanks for your post as I think it echoes the concerns of many fans at the moment, or at least the ones who watch the games closely with a discerning eye.. anyone who has any hockey smarts at all can see when things need to be tweaked and especially to not just look and be fooled by the stats/record.

^^^THIS^^^ I've been a fan of this team since I could walk. I lived the heartbreak of '94, I watched this team get gutted under Mike Keenan, and I watched every game when we were perennial losers. But because I don't have this naive belief that playing sub-par hockey and beating up on weak divisional teams makes us a powerhouse, then I'm a bandwagoner. If I have legitimate criticisms of this team, then it's just a knee-jerk reaction.

The coaching staff has to go. This is not an opinion I've reached because we lost 8-3. It is from watching years of AV hockey being picked apart by better coaches and exploited. As much as I hate to quote Jonathon Toews, his "We're gonna expose them for what they are" was dead on. Chicago adjusted their strategy and exposed Vigneault's system, just as Boston and L.A. have done. It's time for a shake-up. The "process" is stale. The players are unmotivated. The mishandling of young players and certain defenceman has to change. The inability to make in-game adjustments is killing us. We need a new voice.

But I guess I'm just a bandwagon, knee-jerk troll, so what do I know...

^^^THIS^^^ I've been a fan of this team since I could walk. I lived the heartbreak of '94, I watched this team get gutted under Mike Keenan, and I watched every game when we were perennial losers. But because I don't have this naive belief that playing sub-par hockey and beating up on weak divisional teams makes us a powerhouse, then I'm a bandwagoner. If I have legitimate criticisms of this team, then it's just a knee-jerk reaction.

The coaching staff has to go. This is not an opinion I've reached because we lost 8-3. It is from watching years of AV hockey being picked apart by better coaches and exploited. As much as I hate to quote Jonathon Toews, his "We're gonna expose them for what they are" was dead on. Chicago adjusted their strategy and exposed Vigneault's system, just as Boston and L.A. have done. It's time for a shake-up. The "process" is stale. The players are unmotivated. The mishandling of young players and certain defenceman has to change. The inability to make in-game adjustments is killing us. We need a new voice.

But I guess I'm just a bandwagon, knee-jerk troll, so what do I know...

How did our coach lead us to winning back to back president trophies? Last time I checked this coach doesn't coach he lets the players figure things out on their own and just makes line changes when he thinks someone isn't producing properly. It's more like the players have lead us to back to back president trophies, and the coach has been out coached come playoffs because of his line match ups and other coaches are better then AV.

Let's see 2009 AV was out coached 4-2 by Quenneville, 2010 AV was out coached by Quenneville again 4-2. 2011 Canucks and AV had a 3-0 series lead and allowed Chicago to come back to make it a 3-3 series to force a game 7, AV was lucky they won that series, but it shouldn't of even went to game 7. Once again in the finals allowed a comeback which cost us the finals. Last year AV supposedly wasn't prepared for the playoffs with Daniel out of the lineup WHAT? Your the freaking coach and your not prepared for the playoffs knowing your #1 line winger is hurt and may possibly not be playing, but you still come out publicly and say you weren't prepared :picard: .

Archived