Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 4 votes

Embarassed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
69 replies to this topic

#61 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

Stopped reading after first sentence. Use proper grammar. It really doesn't take much effort.

Take 2 aspirin and go to bed. You'll feel better in the morning.

Time to get off the internet for tonight, big guy

Wall of text = didn't read. Also, PGT.

That about sums it up. I'd go PGT on this. Embarrassed or not.

© 2000, 2015 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

SuomenLippu.gif

#62 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

it still amazes me that we let Torres walk because he wanted just 1 million for 2 years. Did you see his play today? He was dominating and skating so fast. He scored 2 goals. The perfect 3rd/4th liner.

..or Tanner Glass. Pittsburgh is raving about how important a role he is playing in shutting down other teams' top lines. INteresting how some guys can flourish under a different coach when given opportunity.

MG has shuffled enough players in and out, it's perhaps time to look at the bench boss and how he uses/motivates those players.

To the OP...hockey-crazy markets are like this. They live and breath every game. If you don't like it, cheer for Columbus.

#63 Canucks-Star #17

Canucks-Star #17

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

I must say, u know I am pissed with the results of the game,but i am not as pissed about the game as i am with some fans. You say ur a Canucks fan but yet u criticize the team after every win or loss. First off I am going to start with the coaching staff. To the people who want AV fired, i disagree he is a great coach, who got us to the cup finals a couple years ago, and is about to bring us back their this year, besides if u fire him who do u want Jaque Martin the man who ruined MTL. Next off leave Kesler alone, the guy has played with so much heart and if u cannot appreciate that then u should go root for the Boston Bruins. Also I hear plenty of criticism towards Maxim Lapierre this year, u remember the guy who makes 1 million dollars, who we aquired for nothing on deadline day and he turned out to be an amazing player for us, winning faceoffs, leading are team in hits standing up for teammates and chipping in offensively. the man who has for ur information not opened up his mouth once on the ice this season to better are hockey club,he also has a great plus 4 plus minus. I just want to hear how u can criticize him when he has 1 less point then ur 3rd line center and probably more points then almost any 4th liner in the league. So that should be enough for u guys to leave him alone cause beleive it or not he is a big leader in our locker room. Next off this team is headed in a great direction and maybe if they had are support rather then are negative weight on their backs they would play much better.
I dont understand how people can call thereselves fans if they show no support.

I totally agree with you! Everyone has to lay off with the hate!!!!
Thank You for standing up for what you believe in! It takes guts to say the truth on here because people just want to believe lies!

#64 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

Thank You for standing up for what you believe in! It takes guts to say the truth on here because people just want to believe lies!

So...those that agree with you are telling the truth and those who don't are telling lies!!

LIfe isn't as black and white as you appear to believe but many shades of grey. Perhaps you're too young to have learned that yet.

#65 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

lolllllll oh the irony

#66 canadaguy_25

canadaguy_25

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

this times infinity.
that fact that so many people dont understand this is shocking to me.. its like as fans we should just be happy and not complain or be embarassed or concerned if the team is becoming less and less a cup contender otherwise they are labelled as not a true fan., complete horsecrap!
thanks for your post as I think it echoes the concerns of many fans at the moment, or at least the ones who watch the games closely with a discerning eye.. anyone who has any hockey smarts at all can see when things need to be tweaked and especially to not just look and be fooled by the stats/record.

^^^THIS^^^ I've been a fan of this team since I could walk. I lived the heartbreak of '94, I watched this team get gutted under Mike Keenan, and I watched every game when we were perennial losers. But because I don't have this naive belief that playing sub-par hockey and beating up on weak divisional teams makes us a powerhouse, then I'm a bandwagoner. If I have legitimate criticisms of this team, then it's just a knee-jerk reaction.

The coaching staff has to go. This is not an opinion I've reached because we lost 8-3. It is from watching years of AV hockey being picked apart by better coaches and exploited. As much as I hate to quote Jonathon Toews, his "We're gonna expose them for what they are" was dead on. Chicago adjusted their strategy and exposed Vigneault's system, just as Boston and L.A. have done. It's time for a shake-up. The "process" is stale. The players are unmotivated. The mishandling of young players and certain defenceman has to change. The inability to make in-game adjustments is killing us. We need a new voice.

But I guess I'm just a bandwagon, knee-jerk troll, so what do I know...

#67 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

^^^THIS^^^ I've been a fan of this team since I could walk. I lived the heartbreak of '94, I watched this team get gutted under Mike Keenan, and I watched every game when we were perennial losers. But because I don't have this naive belief that playing sub-par hockey and beating up on weak divisional teams makes us a powerhouse, then I'm a bandwagoner. If I have legitimate criticisms of this team, then it's just a knee-jerk reaction.

The coaching staff has to go. This is not an opinion I've reached because we lost 8-3. It is from watching years of AV hockey being picked apart by better coaches and exploited. As much as I hate to quote Jonathon Toews, his "We're gonna expose them for what they are" was dead on. Chicago adjusted their strategy and exposed Vigneault's system, just as Boston and L.A. have done. It's time for a shake-up. The "process" is stale. The players are unmotivated. The mishandling of young players and certain defenceman has to change. The inability to make in-game adjustments is killing us. We need a new voice.

absolutely agree on all accounts and I was there right along with you through 94 and all of the AV years.

apparently the definition of the term "fan" has changed in our time.. seems like these days if you disagree with anything about your team in any way you're not a fan anymore.. what is a fan then? apparently it means you need to bury your head in the sand and willingly follow and cheer regardless of how the team performs or underperforms and to have no opinion at all.

seems to me like complacency in the locker room along with canuck nation.. happy to ignore the obvious signs and loathed to admit our team is not playing good hockey.

Edited by lolwut?, 25 February 2013 - 02:25 PM.

#68 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

Y'know what, those are my sentiments exactly. +1.

#69 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

I know i hate it when our coach leads us to winning back to back presidents trophies and only loses to the stanley cup winning teams in three straight years! Fire that bum!

:picard:

How did our coach lead us to winning back to back president trophies? Last time I checked this coach doesn't coach he lets the players figure things out on their own and just makes line changes when he thinks someone isn't producing properly. It's more like the players have lead us to back to back president trophies, and the coach has been out coached come playoffs because of his line match ups and other coaches are better then AV.

Let's see 2009 AV was out coached 4-2 by Quenneville, 2010 AV was out coached by Quenneville again 4-2. 2011 Canucks and AV had a 3-0 series lead and allowed Chicago to come back to make it a 3-3 series to force a game 7, AV was lucky they won that series, but it shouldn't of even went to game 7. Once again in the finals allowed a comeback which cost us the finals. Last year AV supposedly wasn't prepared for the playoffs with Daniel out of the lineup WHAT? Your the freaking coach and your not prepared for the playoffs knowing your #1 line winger is hurt and may possibly not be playing, but you still come out publicly and say you weren't prepared :picard: .

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

"You don't know this, but Trevor Linden had cracked ribs and torn rib cartilage for the last four games of the 1994 Stanley Cup Final," Cliff Ronning said. "You can't imagine what it's like to hear your captain, in a room down the hall, screaming at the top of his lungs as they injected the needle into his rib cage. Knowing him, he probably thought we couldn't hear. He would then walk into our dressing room like nothing had happened. That was inspirational."

#70 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

How did our coach lead us to winning back to back president trophies? Last time I checked this coach doesn't coach he lets the players figure things out on their own and just makes line changes when he thinks someone isn't producing properly. It's more like the players have lead us to back to back president trophies, and the coach has been out coached come playoffs because of his line match ups and other coaches are better then AV.

Let's see 2009 AV was out coached 4-2 by Quenneville, 2010 AV was out coached by Quenneville again 4-2. 2011 Canucks and AV had a 3-0 series lead and allowed Chicago to come back to make it a 3-3 series to force a game 7, AV was lucky they won that series, but it shouldn't of even went to game 7. Once again in the finals allowed a comeback which cost us the finals. Last year AV supposedly wasn't prepared for the playoffs with Daniel out of the lineup WHAT? Your the freaking coach and your not prepared for the playoffs knowing your #1 line winger is hurt and may possibly not be playing, but you still come out publicly and say you weren't prepared :picard: .

AV is a good regular season coach when we can beat up on the likes of Calgary and the rest of the NW division numerous times per year. Put him in the playoffs and the opposing coaches read him and his predictable strategies like a book.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.