The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

D-Core needs their own players only meeting

Jordan Schroeder

watch out we lost time to blow up the team! Common that was an embarrassing game for the NHL refereeing was soo terrible our entire team was frustrated beyond belief. Worst game I have seen in probably 5 years. I can think they will use that anger and start rolling now. You get a game like that to really piss you off now the coaches job is to make sure they use it. Can't believe no body was in a legit fight though... gotta say we needed one after the 4-3 goal... and a goalie change, but who am i to coach really. they know what they are doing... clearly 8-3 was the outcome everyone was hoping for :)

Seriously though it's one game if that happens 3-5 times in a row then ya something needs to happen...................................................................................................................................... probably won't though

GO CANUCKS!

YOU CAN DO IT!

BRING BACK ROME!

There are those games when EVERYTHING goes badly. Today was one of those days...lots of deflected shots that ended up in our net, calls that went against us, constant/on-going defensive break-downs...and let's not forget that Detroit, in spite of their slow start to the season, are still laden with top end talent.

Lets hope today's game was a wake up call for the Canucks...hopefully to a man, the entire roster comes to the realization that you can't mail one in and expect to walk away with points.

come on big guy. lou played like the lights were out tonight. if he made a stop in the second, it was just to provide a rebound for a goal. when our defence was stuck on the ice long enough to have to call a time out, lou kept the puck in play when a weak shot hit the side of the net.whats the point of making the playoffs when the team is capable of this type of game.the entire team played well until everypuck on net went in.

Garrison, Ballard and Tanev were particularly brutal tonight against the Wings. Edler and Alberts played well IMO.

But our problems on defence aren't just defenders, it's forwards and gap control as well. Team defence is brutal and has been for a while now because we play such an open, gambling sort of game where defenders are expected to jump up in the rush and pinch in.

Sure, the Canucks lead the league in goals for by defencemen, but if you ask me it's not worth what we give up defending. I'd much rather have a solid, stay at home defence that doesn't score but doesn't get embarassed than what we have right now. Look at the defensive styles of Boston and Los Angeles - solid, stay at home and not much offence, and they have Cups because that's how you win in the playoffs.

. I'm with ya....... The problem is all our lefties struggle immensely on the right side. Should have addressed this in offseason like Chicago did bringing in Roszival and Brookbank. If I'm AV I play Barker and see if he can be useful on the right if not.... trade time.

Edler has been pretty bad.. Im a huge Edler fan but hes been messing up

ALOT recently, constantly turning the puck over, or being out of position

i hate, hating on him but its true.. although hes our "best" dman i think he

needs to sit one game, let Barker come in and play a game.. AV will show

the team hes not going to allow that kind of stuff

D pairings could look like this

Hamhuis-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

Alberts-Barker

Edler has been pretty bad.. Im a huge Edler fan but hes been messing up

ALOT recently, constantly turning the puck over, or being out of position

i hate, hating on him but its true.. although hes our "best" dman i think he