66 replies to this topic

#61 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

Well said. Bowness should be let go at the end of the season if this D continues to struggle. If Canucks are bounced 1st Round again then AV should be canned as well.

Agree, although I think AV should be canned regardless.

#62 Alexander.Edler

Alexander.Edler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

wth I thought Alberts sucked yesterday, not really dogging on him because its his first game in a long time. But definitely was our worst D man last night.

Posted Image

#63 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

When your defence looks that pathetic for me that points to coaching, both Bowness and AV's overall mentality. You could teach a beachball to play better.

Yes because it's the coaches fault and not the players themselves... Right...
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#64 CanuckFan1981

CanuckFan1981

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

I want to see Vandermeer, it would be sick to finally have a really tough guy back there.

Really?? Vandermeer is tough, sure, but he is no heavyweight fighter. I think Bieksa or Valpatti would win in a scrap if that's all your after. We don't have nor have we had a true heavy weight in the lineup for a long time. Rypien was the closest we have had in a while and he wasn't even 6 ft tall.

#65 CanuckFan1981

CanuckFan1981

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

wth I thought Alberts sucked yesterday, not really dogging on him because its his first game in a long time. But definitely was our worst D man last night.

I thought he played good. Especially considering he hasn't played since about March of 2012 (300 + Days without a game). He didn't make any glaring mistakes that I recall and didn't take any stupid penalties. Not sure what you expect out of him, but I wasn't expecting him to lead the rush and net some goals.

#66 Losing With Pride

Losing With Pride

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,712 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

What??!?!? He says he's the only one that gives a damn? Or am I misreading this?? He's been brutal himself

Haha it's as joke... symbolizing he needs to improve his own game.

#67 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

I think you should make note of the fact that when Edler plays on the left side of the D he looks much more comfortable and is prone to way fewer mistakes. With Bieksa out, the problems on the right side of the D were really exposed last night. Maybe MG needs to get us a trade for a right-shooting D who can play, or at least a left-shooting D who can play the right side. Our guys, especially Edler, sem to have big problems turning with the guy going to the outside on the right, and cheat way too far to the inside. I really don't know what's with Hamhuis, is he injured? This is not the guy that played for us last year, not by miles.

I'm not saying you are wrong but come on we have just needlessly imo brought in Garrison and now we are talking about bringing someone else in to fix that.
MG needs to get the finger out and start focusing on what the team ACTUALLY needs instead of just snapping up people (often projects) who are available UFAs.

There was little wrong with the defence that a dominating, stay at home D wouldn't have fixed. A bit of an asskicker who could alternate between the 2nd and 1st lines. Instead we paid through the nose to replace Sami with someone who, while not useless, is certainly no upgrade and definitely no asskicker.
Kevin.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.