The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks need a new look.

FutureNHLGm

Hello. As you all know, the 2012-2013 Canucks are looking a lot like the 2011-2012 Canucks. This is a huge problem, as coasting into the playoffs and squeaking out wins really didn't seem to work in the playoffs and you all know what round we got knocked out in. I am here to offer a whole new look to the Canucks.

Step 1: Fire AV, Newell Brown, Bowness.

Step 2: Hire Lindy Ruff, Another Special Teams Coach, and another associate coach.

Step 3: Trade Ballard or Garrison for a capable shutdown RH shot. When a lefty has to play Right D, he can throw the whole pairing off and screw up his positioning.

Step 4: Trade for a 3rd line center. Whether it be picks, prospects or even a player trade, (Schneider trade, Luongo trade etc,) We need that defensive 3rd line shutdown center.

Step 5: Bag Skate these lazy D-men and every time they play a bad game, take them out and replace them with other Candidates such as Barker, Alberts or Vandermeer.

I think these are the key changes the Canucks need to become a contender again and the firings of AV, NB, and Bowness will help light a fire under their butts to start performing.

Thank you.

I think the Wings have only one RH shot defenseman. But we don't need to trade for what we already have. Bieksa, Tanev and the mighty Frankie Corrado.

Agree about getting another 2-way center. Schroeder is not ready to contribute to a cup-contending team at this point. Not in this conference anyway. More suited for SE division, where Marty St. Louis has flourished.

Manny's injury was devestating to this teams' overall balance.

One thing we need to do until we get that 3rd center is put Henrik on the PK. All teams use star centers on their PK except us. Why? Don't tell me Henrik isn't up to it. He is.

We could also convert Burrows to center temporarily 5-on-5. Promote Kassian to Sedin line again. That's where he ultimately belongs.

Firing the coaching staff doesn't do much until the lineup is addressed. We also need to get Booth going already.

I think the Wings have only one RH shot defenseman. But we don't need to trade for what we already have. Bieksa, Tanev and the mighty Frankie Corrado.

Agree about getting another 2-way center. Schroeder is not ready to contribute to a cup-contending team at this point. Not in this conference anyway. More suited for SE division, where Marty St. Louis has flourished.

Manny's injury was devestating to this teams' overall balance.

One thing we need to do until we get that 3rd center is put Henrik on the PK. All teams use star centers on their PK except us. Why? Don't tell me Henrik isn't up to it. He is.

We could also convert Burrows to center temporarily 5-on-5. Promote Kassian to Sedin line again. That's where he ultimately belongs.

Firing the coaching staff doesn't do much until the lineup is addressed. We also need to get Booth going already.

Hello. As you all know, the 2012-2013 Canucks are looking a lot like the 2011-2012 Canucks. This is a huge problem, as coasting into the playoffs and squeaking out wins really didn't seem to work in the playoffs and you all know what round we got knocked out in. I am here to offer a whole new look to the Canucks.

Step 1: Fire AV, Newell Brown, Bowness.

Step 2: Hire Lindy Ruff, Another Special Teams Coach, and another associate coach.

Step 3: Trade Ballard or Garrison for a capable shutdown RH shot. When a lefty has to play Right D, he can throw the whole pairing off and screw up his positioning.

Step 4: Trade for a 3rd line center. Whether it be picks, prospects or even a player trade, (Schneider trade, Luongo trade etc,) We need that defensive 3rd line shutdown center.

Step 5: Bag Skate these lazy D-men and every time they play a bad game, take them out and replace them with other Candidates such as Barker, Alberts or Vandermeer.

I think these are the key changes the Canucks need to become a contender again and the firings of AV, NB, and Bowness will help light a fire under their butts to start performing.

Thank you.

You're beating a dead horse because almost every other thread in this forum is someone whining about trading players.

Either for "skilled super heavyweights"...

Or "big nasty RH dmen"...

Cause they're a dime a dozen apparently....

Oh an you're a troll because you signed up yesterday after a huge loss.

Archived