#1 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

POPULAR

Hello. As you all know, the 2012-2013 Canucks are looking a lot like the 2011-2012 Canucks. This is a huge problem, as coasting into the playoffs and squeaking out wins really didn't seem to work in the playoffs and you all know what round we got knocked out in. I am here to offer a whole new look to the Canucks.

Step 1: Fire AV, Newell Brown, Bowness.

Step 2: Hire Lindy Ruff, Another Special Teams Coach, and another associate coach.

Step 3: Trade Ballard or Garrison for a capable shutdown RH shot. When a lefty has to play Right D, he can throw the whole pairing off and screw up his positioning.

Step 4: Trade for a 3rd line center. Whether it be picks, prospects or even a player trade, (Schneider trade, Luongo trade etc,) We need that defensive 3rd line shutdown center.

Step 5: Bag Skate these lazy D-men and every time they play a bad game, take them out and replace them with other Candidates such as Barker, Alberts or Vandermeer.

I think these are the key changes the Canucks need to become a contender again and the firings of AV, NB, and Bowness will help light a fire under their butts to start performing.

Thank you.

Edited by FutureNHLGm, 25 February 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#2 Deets

Deets

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

Nice new profile and first post.

HEEERE TROLLIE TROLLIE TROLLIE!!!!! :emot-parrot: :towel: :frantic:

#3 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

Please elaborate to how I am trolling?

#4 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

I wrongly assumed you were talking about the uniforms, which do need to change.

#5 TheFastOne21

TheFastOne21

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

I wrongly assumed you were talking about the uniforms, which do need to change.

There has been a lot of assuming the threads are about uniforms today....I too was under that assumption all day in every thread....

#6 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

Bag skating isn't going to change anything - they are professional adults. Even if it worked at this level, there aren't enough days between games to do anyway.

#7 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

POPULAR

Bag skating isn't going to change anything - they are professional adults. Even if it worked at this level, there aren't enough days between games to do anyway.

You ever think that gum chewing goof is going to bag skate his Dmen? No. He'd rather make out with Aaron Rome at the Fairmont during his time off.

#8 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

POPULAR

BORRRRRRRRRRING

Posted Image

Edited by Noheart, 25 February 2013 - 11:45 AM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#9 Deets

Deets

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

Did I say JUST for a 3rd line center? No. And Vandermeer, Barker, and Alberts would replace them for a game or two so they have to earn their spot back.

Do the Snozzberries really taste like Snozzberries?

#10 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,942 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

I think the Wings have only one RH shot defenseman. But we don't need to trade for what we already have. Bieksa, Tanev and the mighty Frankie Corrado.

Agree about getting another 2-way center. Schroeder is not ready to contribute to a cup-contending team at this point. Not in this conference anyway. More suited for SE division, where Marty St. Louis has flourished.

Manny's injury was devestating to this teams' overall balance.

One thing we need to do until we get that 3rd center is put Henrik on the PK. All teams use star centers on their PK except us. Why? Don't tell me Henrik isn't up to it. He is.

We could also convert Burrows to center temporarily 5-on-5. Promote Kassian to Sedin line again. That's where he ultimately belongs.

Firing the coaching staff doesn't do much until the lineup is addressed. We also need to get Booth going already.
Posted Image

#11 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

Do the Snozzberries really taste like Snozzberries?

I see you got a good seat on the bandwagon. Keep some seats warm for anyone else who mocks my thread.

#12 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

POPULAR

I see you got a good seat on the bandwagon. Keep some seats warm for anyone else who mocks my thread.

Posted Image[/URL] GIFSoup

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#13 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

I think the Wings have only one RH shot defenseman. But we don't need to trade for what we already have. Bieksa, Tanev and the mighty Frankie Corrado.

Agree about getting another 2-way center. Schroeder is not ready to contribute to a cup-contending team at this point. Not in this conference anyway. More suited for SE division, where Marty St. Louis has flourished.

Manny's injury was devestating to this teams' overall balance.

One thing we need to do until we get that 3rd center is put Henrik on the PK. All teams use star centers on their PK except us. Why? Don't tell me Henrik isn't up to it. He is.

We could also convert Burrows to center temporarily 5-on-5. Promote Kassian to Sedin line again. That's where he ultimately belongs.

Firing the coaching staff doesn't do much until the lineup is addressed. We also need to get Booth going already.

I think one thing that makes Tanev and Ballard our best pairing is the fact that Tanev is a righty and they're both playing on their correct side. Trading Garrison might be our best option. Also, Corrado isn't ready. A veteran RH D-man to play with Edler or Hamhuis would really help the team. The D needs a proven leader- Someone like Willie Mitchell was to us. I like your post but the Coaching staff really does need a change. We can't sit on leads anymore and keep goalies in for 8 goals against. Also, someone to better coach the defence and someone to change the pp and eliminate that stupid drop pass would do wonders for this team.

#14 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

Hello. As you all know, the 2012-2013 Canucks are looking a lot like the 2011-2012 Canucks. This is a huge problem, as coasting into the playoffs and squeaking out wins really didn't seem to work in the playoffs and you all know what round we got knocked out in. I am here to offer a whole new look to the Canucks.

Step 1: Fire AV, Newell Brown, Bowness.

Step 2: Hire Lindy Ruff, Another Special Teams Coach, and another associate coach.

Step 3: Trade Ballard or Garrison for a capable shutdown RH shot. When a lefty has to play Right D, he can throw the whole pairing off and screw up his positioning.

Step 4: Trade for a 3rd line center. Whether it be picks, prospects or even a player trade, (Schneider trade, Luongo trade etc,) We need that defensive 3rd line shutdown center.

Step 5: Bag Skate these lazy D-men and every time they play a bad game, take them out and replace them with other Candidates such as Barker, Alberts or Vandermeer.

I think these are the key changes the Canucks need to become a contender again and the firings of AV, NB, and Bowness will help light a fire under their butts to start performing.

Thank you.

Here trolly trolly trolly!hey troller!hows those trolls doing?

#15 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

Posted Image[/URL] GIFSoup

Would you like to contribute something to this thread or are you going to keep spamming gifs? Please, tell me why I'm beating a dead horse while he's down.

#16 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

Here trolly trolly trolly!hey troller!hows those trolls doing?

Elaborate.

#17 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

Would you like to contribute something to this thread or are you going to keep spamming gifs? Please, tell me why I'm beating a dead horse while he's down.

You're beating a dead horse because almost every other thread in this forum is someone whining about trading players.

Either for "skilled super heavyweights"...
Or "big nasty RH dmen"...

Cause they're a dime a dozen apparently....

Oh an you're a troll because you signed up yesterday after a huge loss.

Edited by WonderTwinPowers, 25 February 2013 - 12:08 PM.

#18 TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Step 1: Remove your forum privileges

Thank you

#19 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

You're beating a dead horse because almost every other thread in this forum is someone whining about trading players.

Either for "skilled super heavyweights"...
Or "big nasty RH dmen"...

Cause they're a dime a dozen apparently....

Oh an you're a troll because you signed up yesterday after a huge loss.

I think some ideas I provide in this thread are unique and unlike any other proposed. I also gave a step by step way as to how I'd change this team. And just because I signed up yesterday I'm a troll? Wow. I saw a problem and I've came to outline a solution. If you don't like it, leave.

#20 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

Step 1: Remove your forum privileges

Thank you

Step 1: Contribute to this thread and tell me WHY it's so bad

Step 2: If you don't want to contribute and spam my thread with one sentence responses, you can leave.

#21 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

1. This team has 4, count it 4 regular season losses, a quarter way through a shortened season and people are talking about overhauls. This, along with the ridiculous comments being posted left right and center, after last nights loss explains alot why players like Lou want out, the rest of the leagues fan's think van fans are idiots, and this 30 yr canuck fan realizes how adolescent the majority of Van fans have become.

2. Any changes the nucks need are not as a result of bad coaches, one loss, etc. They are simply tweeks to get this team ready for a run for the cup.

3. Do we need tweeks, of course, every team does. But can this team as is make a run, yes it can, it is arguably better than the 2011 team and just needs to get hot at the right time. I wouldn't want to be a Chi fan right now, yes they are hot but they can't keep this up...if anything LA proved when you need to get hot is not regular season, its going into the playoffs.

4. Minor tweeks, yes. here they are

a. Move Garrison to the third pairing until he is comfortable in the system. He is a good player but having a tough time adjusting. Appears as though this is common with FLA players (Booth still finding his role etc).

b. Move Garrison off the pp with Edler. Both are shots. Garrison should be the shot on the second. Edler and Hammer on first pair, Garrison with Tanev on the second. (or Bieksa).

c. Move Kassian back to the second or first line. He is going to be there in playoffs, its time to start getting him ready and let him play his game. If he is with the Sedin's he knows his role, and we all saw what that showed, terrific play, fighting, hitting etc. You move him around and he gets a bit confused as to how he should contribute. That being said, I was happy with his response last night on the hit on Tanev, Tootoo is a feline. And I'm even glad he took the chirping penalty. He is getting mad, and let him. Thats when he's at his best. AV must stop trying to 'perfect' him, and just let him play his game. It's ok if he's on the third if they can get some chemistry going, but he is a BIGGER part of the solution here than many realize. We need him to play the game we traded him for. AV must allow that to happen, not reign it in. He brings emotion and tenacity.

d. Make the Lou trade soon. Not that I think having both goalies isn't a great luxury, but its affecting both goalies whether they like it or not. Goalies need to get into a rhythm, play a string of games. Yes its good to keep both sharp, but its also mentally draining to deal with the" am I in tonight, am I not". Moroever, a trade needs to bring us a third line center who hits and brings emotion and grit. Right now that is what this team is lacking. Size and aggressiveness. Now as I said, Kassian can bring that, but we need one more for the playoffs. Get us a first rounder with that player and we're set.

Lines

Sedins/Kassian
Higgins/Kesler/Schroder (give him the marty st. louis role on this line)
Raymond/New Center/ Booth
Weisse/Volp Lappy / Hansen

all of a sudden, each line has size, skill, speed, and grit (other than the fourth which is a terrific checking line).

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 25 February 2013 - 12:21 PM.

#22 Deets

Deets

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

I think some ideas I provide in this thread are unique and unlike any other proposed. I also gave a step by step way as to how I'd change this team. And just because I signed up yesterday I'm a troll? Wow. I saw a problem and I've came to outline a solution. If you don't like it, leave.

You make me laugh. Firing our coaching staff, trading ballard and one of our goalies and getting another right hand defenseman plus a shut down center is NOT "unique and unlike any other proposed" threads.

Your suggestion is Garbage repeated here over and over, and your name is, well......

#23 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,942 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Or... Edler back to left, Garrison to right. Hasn't that been tried yet? Because it will work.
Posted Image

#24 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

Elaborate.

e·lab·o·rate (-lbr-t)adj.1. Planned or executed with painstaking attention to numerous parts or details.2. Intricate and rich in detail.v. (-lb-rt) e·lab·o·rat·ed, e·lab·o·rat·ing, e·lab·o·rates v.tr.1. To work out with care and detail; develop thoroughly.2. To produce by effort; create.v.intr.1. To become elaborate.2. To express at greater length or in greater detail: asked me to elaborate on my proposal.there you go troller

#25 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

1. This team has 4, count it 4 regular season losses, a quarter way through a shortened season and people are talking about overhauls. This, along with the ridiculous comments being posted left right and center, after last nights loss explains alot why players like Lou want out, the rest of the leagues fan's think van fans are idiots, and this 30 yr canuck fan realizes how adolescent the majority of Van fans have become.

2. Any changes the nucks need are not as a result of bad coaches, one loss, etc. They are simply tweeks to get this team ready for a run for the cup.

3. Do we need tweeks, of course, every team does. But can this team as is make a run, yes it can, it is arguably better than the 2011 team and just needs to get hot at the right time. I wouldn't want to be a Chi fan right now, yes they are hot but they can't keep this up...if anything LA proved when you need to get hot is not regular season, its going into the playoffs.

4. Minor tweeks, yes. here they are

a. Move Garrison to the third pairing until he is comfortable in the system. He is a good player but having a tough time adjusting. Appears as though this is common with FLA players (Booth still finding his role etc).

b. Move Garrison off the pp with Edler. Both are shots. Garrison should be the shot on the second. Edler and Hammer on first pair, Garrison with Tanev on the second. (or Bieksa).

c. Move Kassian back to the second or first line. He is going to be there in playoffs, its time to start getting him ready and let him play his game. If he is with the Sedin's he knows his role, and we all saw what that showed, terrific play, fighting, hitting etc. You move him around and he gets a bit confused as to how he should contribute. That being said, I was happy with his response last night on the hit on Tanev, Tootoo is a feline. And I'm even glad he took the chirping penalty. He is getting mad, and let him. Thats when he's at his best. AV must stop trying to 'perfect' him, and just let him play his game. It's ok if he's on the third if they can get some chemistry going, but he is a BIGGER part of the solution here than many realize. We need him to play the game we traded him for. AV must allow that to happen, not reign it in. He brings emotion and tenacity.

d. Make the Lou trade soon. Not that I think having both goalies isn't a great luxury, but its affecting both goalies whether they like it or not. Goalies need to get into a rhythm, play a string of games. Yes its good to keep both sharp, but its also mentally draining to deal with the" am I in tonight, am I not". Moroever, a trade needs to bring us a third line center who hits and brings emotion and grit. Right now that is what this team is lacking. Size and aggressiveness. Now as I said, Kassian can bring that, but we need one more for the playoffs. Get us a first rounder with that player and we're set.

Lines

Sedins/Kassian
Higgins/Kesler/Schroder (give him the marty st. louis role on this line)
Raymond/New Center/ Booth
Weisse/Volp Lappy / Hansen

all of a sudden, each line has size, skill, speed, and grit (other than the fourth which is a terrific checking line).

I didn't post this thread because of how the Canucks' record looks, I posted it because they're looking like the same damn team who went to the playoffs in 11'12. Do you really want the Canucks to take another year off their window and get eliminated in the first round again? I'm sick and tired of this team coasting to the playoffs and expecting to actually win. It's not working and I think last year is evident of that.

Whether you like it or not, more changes need to be made here. Unless they change their game big time, don't expect the Canucks to win a cup any time soon.

Thanks for your detailed response by the way.

Edited by FutureNHLGm, 25 February 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#26 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

You didn't post this in Proposals and Armchair GMing

so therefore its Spam

and I reply to Spam with Spam

Nice name by the way, very humble.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#27 TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

Step 1: Contribute to this thread and tell me WHY it's so bad

Step 2: If you don't want to contribute and spam my thread with one sentence responses, you can leave.

10-4-4. And you're a troll.

#28 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

10-4-4. And you're a troll.

Read post two posts above yours. Thank you.

#29 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

POPULAR

Oh please stop with the 10-4-4 record BS. Lets he honest here, we're 6-0-1 against the division. That's SIX wins of our ten. Do the math, that's 60%. That record is highly inflated due to our weak division. Take away NW games and our record: 4-4-3. Yes, a 0.500 team.

That's how we're playing right now, a .500 hockey club.

Edited by RyanKeslord17, 25 February 2013 - 12:52 PM.

Posted Image

#30 Van40

Van40

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

Av and his staff arent going to get fired mid season. We could use the 3rd line center and try shroeder on the wing with kes. Jensen would could help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.