The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks need a new look.

FutureNHLGm

With all due respect, just stop with the "changes you suggested" theme in your posts. Unless you've been living under a rock, you'd know that your suggestions and their various permutations are made every day on these boards by the countless number of passionate Canucks fans who have an opinion. You're not smarter than everyone else, and quite frankly your original post smacks of desperation...not a good quality to have as a GM. And btw, if you're seriously pursuing that line of work, you might want to think about a law degree.

Oh please stop with the 10-4-4 record BS. Lets he honest here, we're 6-0-1 against the division. That's SIX wins of our ten. Do the math, that's 60%. That record is highly inflated due to our weak division. Take away NW games and our record: 4-4-3. Yes, a 0.500 team.

That's how we're playing right now, a .500 hockey club.

This is the first time I've been on these forums so give me a break with the "You've been living under a rock" saying. I never said I was smarter than anyone else but do I have more experience than most people? Yes. Do I have more experience than everyone? i doubt it, unless they've never been in my position before. There's no desperation in my original post. These changes should of been done last year and they can be done any time before the trade deadline. Let me decide my own career path alright?

Love the weak division arguement , which is total BS. The NHL teams are close enough in talent that any team can beat any other team in any game on any night. Guess what Van still has to win those games and they have. Stupid logic just like saying any team that beats a team with injuries has inflated stats or any player playing a weaker opponent and gets points has inflated stats.

I had a very good education too...took me years to get over it!

You list what you see as qualities that make you somehow better than most of the posters here. Have you actually achieved anything or do you just like to boast about your academic accomplishments and personality traits?

Some of the most humble people I have known were also some of the most successful. Some of those weren't well educated but they knew how to get the most of what they had and more importantly, they knew their own limitations.

You could learn alot from folks like that.

Ok. So I congratulate you on your fearless ambition for real, no sarcasm . It's your ambition now that will get you somewhere in life, never hold back on your opinions when you are committed. It doesn't mean however that you are always right. Humility is also a huge trait that will get you where you want to be. Self reflection of your decisions becomes a huge factor in your credibility. Acknowledging your mistakes is as important as pushing your successful objectives.

Lets just say for fun I'm a CEO of a large company that doesn't mean I'm right 100 percent of the time because of my title. I am obviously trusted for my vision and direction to be a CEO but I will never ever be Respected unless I allow those on my team to critique my decisions.

Archived