#61 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

Step 1: Fire AV, Newell Brown, Bowness.

Step 2: Hire Lindy Ruff, Another Special Teams Coach, and another associate coach.

Step 3: Trade Ballard or Garrison for a capable shutdown RH shot. When a lefty has to play Right D, he can throw the whole pairing off and screw up his positioning.

Step 4: Trade for a 3rd line center. Whether it be picks, prospects or even a player trade, (Schneider trade, Luongo trade etc,) We need that defensive 3rd line shutdown center.

Step 5: Bag Skate these lazy D-men and every time they play a bad game, take them out and replace them with other Candidates such as Barker, Alberts or Vandermeer.

I think these are the key changes the Canucks need to become a contender again and the firings of AV, NB, and Bowness will help light a fire under their butts to start performing.

Thank you.

1 + 2) I understand if you are "fire AV, hire Ruff", but your really suggesting we fire Bowness/Brown and you don't even have replacements? This just shows how much thought/objectiveness went into this...

3) Do you think you will get fair market value for either of those players at this point? Also, trading Garrison less than 20 games into a 6 year contract would look just fantastic to future FA's (sarcasm)

4) Schroeder has looked fine. But I can understand if you would want to bring in a guy like Belanger/Cullen at the deadline for cheap.

5) These are grown men... bag skating is just going to tire out this team more (especially in a condensed schedule).

#62 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

U want a new look? how about a "bold" move that MG talked about at his first press conference? I say trade that over-rated, prima donna Kesler for a top prospect or a top 6 fwd + a 1st round pick? Similar to what the flyers did with Richards and Carter

Honestly... why would we intentionally make our team worse?

#63 Max-a-Million

Max-a-Million

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

So, I'm smelling panic here and I think to myself "we must be in trouble". I better check the standings in the league to see how badly the Canucks are doing.

Canucks sitting in 6th place currently and 3 points behind 2nd place Anaheim (who do have 2 games in hand)

Canucks are 9 points behind an absolutely unconsious Chicago lead for 1st place in the league.

There are 24 teams who trail the Canucks in the standings.

YEP - Time to panic for sure.

Chicago 15 0 3 33 13 58 35 7-0-1 8-0-2 9-0-1
Anaheim 16 13 2 1 27 9 57 42 6-1-0 7-1-1 9-1-0
Montréal 18 12 4 2 26 11 52 39 8-3-1 4-1-1 6-2-2
Pittsburgh 19 13 6 0 26 12 65 48 5-4-0 8-2-0 7-3-0
Boston 15 11 2 2 24 9 45 34 4-1-1 7-1-1 7-2-1
Vancouver 18 10 4 4 24 8 52 48 5-2-2 5-2-2 6-2-2

Edited by Max-a-Million, 25 February 2013 - 05:17 PM.

I spend half my money on Wine, Women and Song.
The other half I waste!

#64 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

The noun in your name, in conjunction with the size of your brain, is the very definition of equal.

Your attempt at a comeback was pathetic, please try again.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#65 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

So, I'm smelling panic here and I think to myself "we must be in trouble". I better check the standings in the league to see how badly the Canucks are doing.

Canucks sitting in 6th place currently and 3 points behind 2nd place Anaheim (who do have 2 games in hand)

Canucks are 9 points behind an absolutely unconsious Chicago lead for 1st place in the league.

There are 24 teams who trail the Canucks in the standings.

YEP - Time to panic for sure.

Chicago 15 0 3 33 13 58 35 7-0-1 8-0-2 9-0-1
Anaheim 16 13 2 1 27 9 57 42 6-1-0 7-1-1 9-1-0
Montréal 18 12 4 2 26 11 52 39 8-3-1 4-1-1 6-2-2
Pittsburgh 19 13 6 0 26 12 65 48 5-4-0 8-2-0 7-3-0
Boston 15 11 2 2 24 9 45 34 4-1-1 7-1-1 7-2-1
Vancouver 18 10 4 4 24 8 52 48 5-2-2 5-2-2 6-2-2

If you read the post by Keslord, you'd understand that we are 6-0-1 within our division and a measly 4-4-3 outside of it.

#66 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,218 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

The problems are known, but your solutions need work.
Posted Image

#67 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

Posted Image

#68 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

The problems are known, but your solutions need work.

How would you make them better?

#69 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

Your attempt at a comeback was pathetic, please try again.

;)

#70 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,047 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

If you read the post by Keslord, you'd understand that we are 6-0-1 within our division and a measly 4-4-3 outside of it.

Yea, and 7 of those 10 games have been against the Hawks, Ducks, Sharks, Kings, and Red Wings. All very good teams.

Considering the Canucks are still trying to figure out their d pairings, and are basically still without a second line, it's really not that bad.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#71 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Yea, and 7 of those 10 games have been against the Hawks, Ducks, Sharks, Kings, and Red Wings. All very good teams.

Considering the Canucks are still trying to figure out their d pairings, and are basically still without a second line, it's really not that bad.

And those are the teams that will be in the playoffs, aka the teams we have to beat.

#72 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,047 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

And those are the teams that will be in the playoffs, aka the teams we have to beat.

Read the second part of what I wrote.

This team has yet to find it's stride. So having a .500 record against these teams right now doesn't mean a whole lot.

This team has proven the last couple seasons that they can beat these teams when they're on their game.

Posted Image

#73 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

Hello. As you all know, the 2012-2013 Canucks are looking a lot like the 2011-2012 Canucks. This is a huge problem, as coasting into the playoffs and squeaking out wins really didn't seem to work in the playoffs and you all know what round we got knocked out in. I am here to offer a whole new look to the Canucks.

Step 1: Fire AV, Newell Brown, Bowness.

Step 2: Hire Lindy Ruff, Another Special Teams Coach, and another associate coach.

Step 3: Trade Ballard or Garrison for a capable shutdown RH shot. When a lefty has to play Right D, he can throw the whole pairing off and screw up his positioning.

Step 4: Trade for a 3rd line center. Whether it be picks, prospects or even a player trade, (Schneider trade, Luongo trade etc,) We need that defensive 3rd line shutdown center.

Step 5: Bag Skate these lazy D-men and every time they play a bad game, take them out and replace them with other Candidates such as Barker, Alberts or Vandermeer.

I think these are the key changes the Canucks need to become a contender again and the firings of AV, NB, and Bowness will help light a fire under their butts to start performing.

Thank you.

I personally love the idea of Lindy Ruff. He seems like a hard, honest coach.

Shopping list:

OUT
Kesler
Edler
Raymond
Ballard
Schneider

IN
1RD
1Cb
3C
b/u G

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 25 February 2013 - 09:25 PM.

#74 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

Read the second part of what I wrote.

This team has yet to find it's stride. So having a .500 record against these teams right now doesn't mean a whole lot.

This team has proven the last couple seasons that they can beat these teams when they're on their game.

Just like LA in the playoffs last year right? Playoffs is the only thing that matters. We all know that the Canucks will definately make the playoffs but how well they'll do is always a question. Ever since that early January game against the Bruins, it's been downhill.

#75 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,047 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Just like LA in the playoffs last year right? Playoffs is the only thing that matters. We all know that the Canucks will definately make the playoffs but how well they'll do is always a question. Ever since that early January game against the Bruins, it's been downhill.

You just contradicted yourself then. If playoffs are all that matters why are you worrying about games now? LA made the playoffs on the last day of the season, and won the cup. They played horrible hockey most of the season.

As for beating LA, were we on top of our game then? No. I said when we're on top of our game; which is hard to do when your number 1 scorer is out with an injury, and your second line center is playing through one. And it's unlikely the Kings even make the playoffs IMO, so I wouldn't worry about them.

Every team has question marks for how they'll do going into the playoffs. There's no guarantees for any team. You need to be playing well at the right time, have a alot of luck with injuries, and get some favorable matchups.

Edited by DeNiro, 25 February 2013 - 05:47 PM.

Posted Image

#76 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

;)

:wub:

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#77 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

Why would anyone think the Canucks would start there season any different than they have for the past 3/4 years? It's called a SLOW START. I will be really surprised if they aren't making a pitch for the Prezzy by the end of March. You guys need to be pateint. Mike is on it.

#78 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

You just contradicted yourself then. If playoffs are all that matters why are you worrying about games now? LA made the playoffs on the last day of the season, and won the cup. They played horrible hockey most of the season.

As for beating LA, were we on top of our game then? No. I said when we're on top of our game; which is hard to do when your number 1 scorer is out with an injury, and your second line center is playing through one. And it's unlikely the Kings even make the playoffs IMO, so I wouldn't worry about them.

Every team has question marks for how they'll do going into the playoffs. There's no guarantees for any team. You need to be playing well at the right time, have a alot of luck with injuries, and get some favorable matchups.

How often have we seen the Canucks play "on their game" since the Bruins game last year? Yeah, not a lot. I'm worrying about games now because in the regular season last year, this is exactly how we looked. Playing crap for 40 minutes and making up for it by squeaking out a win from really good goaltending. The Canucks need a change. The gum chewing pansy needs to go. End of story.

And don't give me the "Oh, he brought us to game 7 of the finals." The players brought THEMSELVES to the finals, not AV. Is he a good coach? Yes. But the Canucks need a new face coaching them. It's time for a change.

Edited by FutureNHLGm, 25 February 2013 - 05:53 PM.

#79 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,509 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

The problem is, the Nucks weren't playing "their game" before Danny got hurt. Remember the scoring drought?

I think what people are struggling with is, just what level of sustained play is this team capable of? They can look very good at times but not over long stretches. Perhaps we have come to believe they are capable of playing at a level above their actual ability. All teams can play great at times and look really good. the true elite teams do it consisently and dominate weaker teams. The Nucks haven't dominated anyone in a long time while being fortunate to pick up points in games they themselves were badly out-played in.

Maybe this is as good as it gets?

Edited by DIBdaQUIB, 25 February 2013 - 06:06 PM.

#80 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

The problem is, the Nucks weren't playing "their game" before Danny got hurt. Remember the scoring drought?

I think what people are struggling with is, just what level of sustained play is this team capable of? They can look very good at times but not over long stretches. Perhaps we have ceom to believe they are capable of playing at a level above their actual ability. All teams can play great at times and look really good. the true elite teams do it consisently and dominate weaker teams. The Nucks haven't dominated anyone in a long time while being fortunate to pick up points in games they temselves wer badly out-played.

Finally, someone using logic. You're bang on.

#81 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

As I've said many times, I didn't make this thread because of the game before, I made it because they're looking eerily similar to the 11'12 squad and this team is not looking like a playoff team. Did the game last night give me more reason to make this thread? Yes. The inability to pull Luongo after 5 goals against and leave him in for 3 more and killing his confidence is just great coaching.....

What does a playoff team look like?..Darryl Sutters LA Kings were woefull underachievers at the end of last season ..8th seed...We won the Presidents Trophy..??Is Luongo's confidence killed?..obviously you did'nt see his twitter accounttoday.Your points are pure fiction.

#82 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,414 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

Trade Luongo for 2 solid prospects and a pick.

Trade Edler for a good NHL player, a prospect, and a pick.(Jack Johnson style)

Edited by playboi19, 25 February 2013 - 06:19 PM.

Subbancopy.jpg

#83 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

What does a playoff team look like?..Darryl Sutters LA Kings were woefull underachievers at the end of last season ..8th seed...We won the Presidents Trophy..??Is Luongo's confidence killed?..obviously you did'nt see his twitter accounttoday.Your points are pure fiction.

LA Kings are the Brieres. Suck in the Regular season, Dominate in the playoffs.

Canucks are the Semins. "Dominate" in the regular season, suck in the playoffs (as of the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals)

Edited by FutureNHLGm, 25 February 2013 - 06:20 PM.

#84 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,047 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

I think what people are struggling with is, just what level of sustained play is this team capable of? They can look very good at times but not over long stretches. Perhaps we have come to believe they are capable of playing at a level above their actual ability. All teams can play great at times and look really good. the true elite teams do it consisently and dominate weaker teams. The Nucks haven't dominated anyone in a long time while being fortunate to pick up points in games they themselves were badly out-played in.

I never said they were playing their game before that. That's why they sputtered into the playoffs.

The Canucks are no different than any team. Every team needs to be playing their best hockey going into the playoffs, otherwise it's unlikely they're going to make it far.

As for this team not being able to sustain long stretches of good play; you don't win a president's trophy without being able to do that. This team went 36-5-7 over a 3 and a half month span last year starting halfway through november. Which started a month and a half into the season; basically just where we're at right now.

This team has always been a slow starter. Anyone who doesn't know that either doesn't follow this team very closely, or is a new fan. To say that this team can't dominate for long stretches of time is just ignorant, since they have proven that ability every single year for the last 3 or 4 years.

Posted Image

#85 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,414 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

LA Kings are the Brieres. Suck in the Regular season, Dominate in the playoffs.

Canucks are the Semins. "Dominate" in the regular season, suck in the playoffs (as of the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals)

Briere dominates Every time he gets to the playoffs.

We beat the Kings in 09/10.

Sometimes you just can't hold down the Semin.

Subbancopy.jpg

#86 gragnanifan1

gragnanifan1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

I wrongly assumed you were talking about the uniforms, which do need to change.

sammmmeeeeeee
Posted Image
credit goes to allons-y
Posted Image NHL 13 GM Connected -GM of the Hurricanes http://forum.canucks...ed-league-xbox/

#87 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

The guy isn't a troll, he isn't doing anything wrong. Just stating his opinion, and its not like he is trying aggravate fans, he is simply a fan stating what he thinks he should do.

Just because you don't like what he is saying doesn't mean you have to pull out the troll card because he is a new poster.

zackass.png

#88 CanuckCup1316

CanuckCup1316

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

The idea of coasting in the playoffs made sense last yeat because they had 3rd spot clinched in like January. Why bag the players only to not have a full healthy roster during the playoffs. And they still got the Pres. Trophy. I am not sure how changing the coaching staff right now would affect this team. I don't wont Lindy Ruff. If you put his stats versus AV's its quite a large step backwards. How about giving Iron Mike another go. lol. I would actually like to see our next coach being a defence specialist. Dont get me wrong, I love the entertianment value of our team, but if we had a defensive system, we would have had at least one cup. Imagine Luongo (or Schneider) on a New Jersey tight defensive system. And add the offensive power we have on our top three lines?

#89 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

I don't think we should trade Ballard, he is playing great even on the right side, we need one of Edler, Hamhuis or Garrison to get adjusted to the right side in time for the playoffs.

a bottom 6 LH center who can replace what we lost in Manny would be great, but we don't need to go out and get someone else unless we can at a reasonable price.

The coaching staff does need to go though, I would like Ruff brought in.

zackass.png

#90 dirk diggler

dirk diggler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

I wrongly assumed you were talking about the uniforms, which do need to change.

Probably the worst uniforms in the league. The team should start their changes from there...
"If I claim to be a wise man it surely means that I don't know..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.