The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks need a new look.

FutureNHLGm

Step 1: Fire AV, Newell Brown, Bowness.

Step 2: Hire Lindy Ruff, Another Special Teams Coach, and another associate coach.

Step 3: Trade Ballard or Garrison for a capable shutdown RH shot. When a lefty has to play Right D, he can throw the whole pairing off and screw up his positioning.

Step 4: Trade for a 3rd line center. Whether it be picks, prospects or even a player trade, (Schneider trade, Luongo trade etc,) We need that defensive 3rd line shutdown center.

Step 5: Bag Skate these lazy D-men and every time they play a bad game, take them out and replace them with other Candidates such as Barker, Alberts or Vandermeer.

I think these are the key changes the Canucks need to become a contender again and the firings of AV, NB, and Bowness will help light a fire under their butts to start performing.

Thank you.

So, I'm smelling panic here and I think to myself "we must be in trouble". I better check the standings in the league to see how badly the Canucks are doing.

Canucks sitting in 6th place currently and 3 points behind 2nd place Anaheim (who do have 2 games in hand)

Canucks are 9 points behind an absolutely unconsious Chicago lead for 1st place in the league.

There are 24 teams who trail the Canucks in the standings.

YEP - Time to panic for sure.

Chicago 15 0 3 33 13 58 35 7-0-1 8-0-2 9-0-1

Anaheim 16 13 2 1 27 9 57 42 6-1-0 7-1-1 9-1-0

Montréal 18 12 4 2 26 11 52 39 8-3-1 4-1-1 6-2-2

Pittsburgh 19 13 6 0 26 12 65 48 5-4-0 8-2-0 7-3-0

Boston 15 11 2 2 24 9 45 34 4-1-1 7-1-1 7-2-1

Vancouver 18 10 4 4 24 8 52 48 5-2-2 5-2-2 6-2-2

So, I'm smelling panic here and I think to myself "we must be in trouble". I better check the standings in the league to see how badly the Canucks are doing.

Canucks sitting in 6th place currently and 3 points behind 2nd place Anaheim (who do have 2 games in hand)

Canucks are 9 points behind an absolutely unconsious Chicago lead for 1st place in the league.

There are 24 teams who trail the Canucks in the standings.

YEP - Time to panic for sure.

Chicago 15 0 3 33 13 58 35 7-0-1 8-0-2 9-0-1

Anaheim 16 13 2 1 27 9 57 42 6-1-0 7-1-1 9-1-0

Montréal 18 12 4 2 26 11 52 39 8-3-1 4-1-1 6-2-2

Pittsburgh 19 13 6 0 26 12 65 48 5-4-0 8-2-0 7-3-0

Boston 15 11 2 2 24 9 45 34 4-1-1 7-1-1 7-2-1

Vancouver 18 10 4 4 24 8 52 48 5-2-2 5-2-2 6-2-2

Hello. As you all know, the 2012-2013 Canucks are looking a lot like the 2011-2012 Canucks. This is a huge problem, as coasting into the playoffs and squeaking out wins really didn't seem to work in the playoffs and you all know what round we got knocked out in. I am here to offer a whole new look to the Canucks.

Step 1: Fire AV, Newell Brown, Bowness.

Step 2: Hire Lindy Ruff, Another Special Teams Coach, and another associate coach.

Step 3: Trade Ballard or Garrison for a capable shutdown RH shot. When a lefty has to play Right D, he can throw the whole pairing off and screw up his positioning.

Step 4: Trade for a 3rd line center. Whether it be picks, prospects or even a player trade, (Schneider trade, Luongo trade etc,) We need that defensive 3rd line shutdown center.

Step 5: Bag Skate these lazy D-men and every time they play a bad game, take them out and replace them with other Candidates such as Barker, Alberts or Vandermeer.

I think these are the key changes the Canucks need to become a contender again and the firings of AV, NB, and Bowness will help light a fire under their butts to start performing.

Thank you.

Just like LA in the playoffs last year right? Playoffs is the only thing that matters. We all know that the Canucks will definately make the playoffs but how well they'll do is always a question. Ever since that early January game against the Bruins, it's been downhill.

Why would anyone think the Canucks would start there season any different than they have for the past 3/4 years? It's called a SLOW START. I will be really surprised if they aren't making a pitch for the Prezzy by the end of March. You guys need to be pateint. Mike is on it.

You just contradicted yourself then. If playoffs are all that matters why are you worrying about games now? LA made the playoffs on the last day of the season, and won the cup. They played horrible hockey most of the season.

As for beating LA, were we on top of our game then? No. I said when we're on top of our game; which is hard to do when your number 1 scorer is out with an injury, and your second line center is playing through one. And it's unlikely the Kings even make the playoffs IMO, so I wouldn't worry about them.

Every team has question marks for how they'll do going into the playoffs. There's no guarantees for any team. You need to be playing well at the right time, have a alot of luck with injuries, and get some favorable matchups.

You just contradicted yourself then. If playoffs are all that matters why are you worrying about games now? LA made the playoffs on the last day of the season, and won the cup. They played horrible hockey most of the season.

As for beating LA, were we on top of our game then? No. I said when we're on top of our game; which is hard to do when your number 1 scorer is out with an injury, and your second line center is playing through one. And it's unlikely the Kings even make the playoffs IMO, so I wouldn't worry about them.

Every team has question marks for how they'll do going into the playoffs. There's no guarantees for any team. You need to be playing well at the right time, have a alot of luck with injuries, and get some favorable matchups.

The problem is, the Nucks weren't playing "their game" before Danny got hurt. Remember the scoring drought?

I think what people are struggling with is, just what level of sustained play is this team capable of? They can look very good at times but not over long stretches. Perhaps we have ceom to believe they are capable of playing at a level above their actual ability. All teams can play great at times and look really good. the true elite teams do it consisently and dominate weaker teams. The Nucks haven't dominated anyone in a long time while being fortunate to pick up points in games they temselves wer badly out-played.

Maybe this is as good as it gets?

Archived