The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks need a new look.

FutureNHLGm

Oh please stop with the 10-4-4 record BS. Lets he honest here, we're 6-0-1 against the division. That's SIX wins of our ten. Do the math, that's 60%. That record is highly inflated due to our weak division. Take away NW games and our record: 4-4-3. Yes, a 0.500 team.

That's how we're playing right now, a .500 hockey club.

I Respect your opinion, But do you really think a coaching change is in order? Hey if AV had a losing record then fine go for it. I recall in the finals that AV wanted to pull Loungo after 5 goals in Boston but it was Lui himself that wanted to play on. So unless you were in the dressing room its just speculation on your part as to why he didn't pull him earlier.So what has Ruff done to get your attention? He didn't always have a winning record. In the past 10 years his team only qualify for the playoffs 4 times. And the last two times his team couldn't get out of the fist round. There was some years he had more talented teams but couldn't get the job done. He has only taken Buffalo to the finals once and that was 13 years ago. So was it the players that got them to the finals or Lindy? All I'm saying is a change isn't always necessary to make a change this early in the season. Its hard to judge when we only have a half a season and a week of training camp. You could say look at Chicago but its the playoffs that counts.

I never said they were playing their game before that. That's why they sputtered into the playoffs.

The Canucks are no different than any team. Every team needs to be playing their best hockey going into the playoffs, otherwise it's unlikely they're going to make it far.

As for this team not being able to sustain long stretches of good play; you don't win a president's trophy without being able to do that. This team went 36-5-7 over a 3 and a half month span last year starting halfway through november. Which started a month and a half into the season; basically just where we're at right now.

This team has always been a slow starter. Anyone who doesn't know that either doesn't follow this team very closely, or is a new fan. To say that this team can't dominate for long stretches of time is just ignorant, since they have proven that ability every single year for the last 3 or 4 years.

Hello. As you all know, the 2012-2013 Canucks are looking a lot like the 2011-2012 Canucks. This is a huge problem, as coasting into the playoffs and squeaking out wins really didn't seem to work in the playoffs and you all know what round we got knocked out in. I am here to offer a whole new look to the Canucks.

Step 1: Fire AV, Newell Brown, Bowness.

Step 2: Hire Lindy Ruff, Another Special Teams Coach, and another associate coach.

Step 3: Trade Ballard or Garrison for a capable shutdown RH shot. When a lefty has to play Right D, he can throw the whole pairing off and screw up his positioning.

Step 4: Trade for a 3rd line center. Whether it be picks, prospects or even a player trade, (Schneider trade, Luongo trade etc,) We need that defensive 3rd line shutdown center.

Step 5: Bag Skate these lazy D-men and every time they play a bad game, take them out and replace them with other Candidates such as Barker, Alberts or Vandermeer.

I think these are the key changes the Canucks need to become a contender again and the firings of AV, NB, and Bowness will help light a fire under their butts to start performing.

Thank you.

Sorry if this sounds mean, but you should change your name from FutureNHLGM to something else

( NHLGMWanabe ) - for you will never be a GM in the NHL by doing knee jerk reactions...

You know its kinda hard just to get along today

Our subject isn't cool, but he thinks it anyway

He may not have a clue, and he may not have style

But everything he lacks, well he makes up in denial

So don't deflate, play it straight

You know he really doesn't get it anyway

Gonna play the field, keep it real

For you know a way, for you know a way

So if you don't break, just over compensate

At least you know you can always go on Ricki Lake

The world needs wannabees

Hey, hey, do the brand new thing!

Sorry if this sounds mean, but you should change your name from FutureNHLGM to something else

( NHLGMWanabe ) - for you will never be a GM in the NHL by doing knee jerk reactions...

You want a 'New Look' Canucks? Here you go:

To Buf: Edler, Booth, 3rd 2103

To Van: Myers, Ott

To Was: 2nd 2013, Weise

To Van: Chimera

Sedins-Kassian

Burrows-Kesler-Schroeder

Raymond-Ott-Hansen

Chimera-Lappy-Higgins

Hamhius-Bieksa

Garrison-Myers

Ballard-Tanev

Schneider

Lou (trade at the deadline for picks/prospects)

It's more balanced....but is it better?!? Because that's the question regarding any 'New Look.'

Guest Gumballthechewy

To Buf: Edler, Booth, 3rd 2013

Sedins-Kassian

Burrows-Kesler-Schroeder

Raymond-Ott-Hansen

Chimera-Lappy-Higgins

Hamhius-Bieksa

Garrison-Myers

Ballard-Tanev

Schneider

It's more balanced....but is it better?!? Because that's the question regarding any 'New Look.'

I like it. Not sure if the Sabres would do it but from my perspective. We have that Big RH Dman we've always needed. Every Dman is playing on their right side, and we get Ott- The perfect player for a 3rd line center position.

I also agree that Chimera is a better player than Weise and I think Washington accepts that deal as they're out of the playoff race right now.

To Buf: Edler, Booth, 3rd 2103

Sedins-Kassian

Burrows-Kesler-Schroeder

Raymond-Ott-Hansen

Chimera-Lappy-Higgins

Hamhius-Bieksa

Garrison-Myers

Ballard-Tanev

Schneider

Wouldn't that line-up have trouble scoring though?

You generate a different look from the backend, and check better, but wouldn't there still be a hole on the 2nd line?

That was my point really. When you try to improve in an area you tend to lose in another unless you are offloading picks for FAs.

Archived