#241 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Yes I am in fact.

What were you posting at 10AM last Thursday?

I was born two days ago. How could I post at 10 AM last Thursday officer?

#242 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

I was born two days ago. How could I post at 10 AM last Thursday officer?

I dunno... I'm a cop, not some smart type...

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#243 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

I dunno... I'm a cop, not some smart type...

Interesting....... You have beautiful dogs sir.

#244 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Interesting....... You have beautiful dogs sir.

Are you spying on me!? Is that you in the bushes!!?

But on a serious note, thank you.

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 26 February 2013 - 07:22 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#245 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Are you spying on me!? Is that you in the bushes!!?

But on a serious note, thank you.

I thought my Gillie suit would work :( . Guess not.

#246 Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

troll who is now thread bumping, awesome
I Love Lamp...

#247 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

troll who is now thread bumping, awesome

He's just trolling back and forth between his two threads he's started since yesterday. Beautiful.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#248 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

I'm re bumping this thread because as you all know, I was right in my initial worries. Look at the Canucks now. They just lost to the BLUEJACKETS! Yes, the BLUEJACKETS! As this thread is relevant now, I'm re opening it. Discuss what moves the Canucks should make.

#249 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

I want AV fired as much as anyone but just looking at the schedual and how little time is left in the season..5 weeks is simply not enough time for a new coach to implement anything. There aren't alot of practise days either, it pretty packed. Im simply resigned to the fact were stuck with AV the rest of this season unfortunately.

#250 TheGreatWhiteNorth

TheGreatWhiteNorth

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

Hello. As you all know, the 2012-2013 Canucks are looking a lot like the 2011-2012 Canucks. This is a huge problem, as coasting into the playoffs and squeaking out wins really didn't seem to work in the playoffs and you all know what round we got knocked out in. I am here to offer a whole new look to the Canucks.

Step 1: Fire AV, Newell Brown, Bowness.

Step 2: Hire Lindy Ruff, Another Special Teams Coach, and another associate coach.

Step 3: Trade Ballard or Garrison for a capable shutdown RH shot. When a lefty has to play Right D, he can throw the whole pairing off and screw up his positioning.

Step 4: Trade for a 3rd line center. Whether it be picks, prospects or even a player trade, (Schneider trade, Luongo trade etc,) We need that defensive 3rd line shutdown center.

Step 5: Bag Skate these lazy D-men and every time they play a bad game, take them out and replace them with other Candidates such as Barker, Alberts or Vandermeer.

I think these are the key changes the Canucks need to become a contender again and the firings of AV, NB, and Bowness will help light a fire under their butts to start performing.

Thank you.

Great post. I was thinking we should either give Baumgartner a shot at assistant coach and have lindy ruff be our head. Or have the coach of the Toronto Marlies (Dallas Eakins) have a shot as well at assistant coach. He trains a lot of prospects and has done a terrific job at it.
I was also thinking of a trade to get vladimir sabodka. Good center and is 25 so still young and can improve. Put Ballard on St. Louis and bring another along and give Ballard another chance to prove himself.

#251 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,496 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

I'm re bumping this thread because as you all know, I was right in my initial worries. Look at the Canucks now. They just lost to the BLUEJACKETS! Yes, the BLUEJACKETS! As this thread is relevant now, I'm re opening it. Discuss what moves the Canucks should make.

Detroit just loss 3-0 to Columbus i guess they need to make drastic changes too right

#252 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Detroit just loss 3-0 to Columbus i guess they need to make drastic changes too right

it isn't only Columbus bud. There's been multiple occasions aka every game where they haven't played up to their potential. They just don't have it. AV isn't motivating them. He'd rather go get manicures with the boys and do yoga after a blowout than actually motivate them or give them a kick in the ass.

#253 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,496 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

it isn't only Columbus bud. There's been multiple occasions aka every game where they haven't played up to their potential. They just don't have it. AV isn't motivating them. He'd rather go get manicures with the boys and do yoga after a blowout than actually motivate them or give them a kick in the ass.

yes its every game thats why the team is really 0-23 not 11-6-6 and before anyone says well they lost 12 games well look at this

detroit has lost 13 games 9 of which are regulation
st.louis has lost 11 games 9 of which are regulation
san jose has lost 12 games 7 of which are regulation
phoneix has lost 13 games 10 of which are regulation

so other than anahiem and chicago most of the west has been sub par this year

#254 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

I respect you for what you've done here.
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#255 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

yes its every game thats why the team is really 0-23 not 11-6-6 and before anyone says well they lost 12 games well look at this

detroit has lost 13 games 9 of which are regulation
st.louis has lost 11 games 9 of which are regulation
san jose has lost 12 games 7 of which are regulation
phoneix has lost 13 games 10 of which are regulation

so other than anahiem and chicago most of the west has been sub par this year

We've been a top of the west for 2 years in a row. We're not like "those other teams". I can understand Anaheim and Chicago, they've had fabulous years. But when we're tied or a point above 4 teams, it makes the playoffs look a lot less likely. Look at Minnesota. If we lose tommorow, they overtake us because they will have more regulation wins. If we lose the next game, 5 other western teams have a chance to overtake us too meaning we'll be pretty much out of a playoff spot. That's how close it is. Right now, the Canucks are pretty much a bubble team. When teams like Calgary, Columbus, and Phoenix can own you, and a team who hasn't won against Columbus this year i think (Detroit) beats you 8-3, things have to change.

#256 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,460 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

I think the Wings have only one RH shot defenseman. But we don't need to trade for what we already have. Bieksa, Tanev and the mighty Frankie Corrado.

Agree about getting another 2-way center. Schroeder is not ready to contribute to a cup-contending team at this point. Not in this conference anyway. More suited for SE division, where Marty St. Louis has flourished.

Manny's injury was devestating to this teams' overall balance.

One thing we need to do until we get that 3rd center is put Henrik on the PK. All teams use star centers on their PK except us. Why? Don't tell me Henrik isn't up to it. He is.

We could also convert Burrows to center temporarily 5-on-5. Promote Kassian to Sedin line again. That's where he ultimately belongs.

Firing the coaching staff doesn't do much until the lineup is addressed. We also need to get Booth going already.

I think the Sedins would be awesome on the PK chewing up minutes along the boards. Of course, that front of the net coverage Henrik displayed the other night might need a little work....lol

Fire the coach first because maybe the new guy will have some new ideas about all of our lines and it also might force MG to look at making a move to fit with what the new coach wants. As long as the solution continues to be moving a winger over who sucks at faceoffs, this team will struggle.

#257 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,496 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

We've been a top of the west for 2 years in a row. We're not like "those other teams". I can understand Anaheim and Chicago, they've had fabulous years. But when we're tied or a point above 4 teams, it makes the playoffs look a lot less likely. Look at Minnesota. If we lose tommorow, they overtake us because they will have more regulation wins. If we lose the next game, 5 other western teams have a chance to overtake us too meaning we'll be pretty much out of a playoff spot. That's how close it is. Right now, the Canucks are pretty much a bubble team. When teams like Calgary, Columbus, and Phoenix can own you, and a team who hasn't won against Columbus this year i think (Detroit) beats you 8-3, things have to change.

we would slide to 7th then

san jose has a game in hand
detroit we have a game in hand after tomorrow
phoenix we have a game in hand after tomorrow

so how exactly are we a bubble team

but then again most of people on this board have hit the panic button already so no sense trying to be positive here

Edited by captaincanuck88, 09 March 2013 - 09:59 PM.

#258 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

Hello. As you all know, the 2012-2013 Canucks are looking a lot like the 2011-2012 Canucks. This is a huge problem, as coasting into the playoffs and squeaking out wins really didn't seem to work in the playoffs and you all know what round we got knocked out in. I am here to offer a whole new look to the Canucks.

Step 1: Fire AV, Newell Brown, Bowness.

Step 2: Hire Lindy Ruff, Another Special Teams Coach, and another associate coach.

Step 3: Trade Ballard or Garrison for a capable shutdown RH shot. When a lefty has to play Right D, he can throw the whole pairing off and screw up his positioning.

Step 4: Trade for a 3rd line center. Whether it be picks, prospects or even a player trade, (Schneider trade, Luongo trade etc,) We need that defensive 3rd line shutdown center.

Step 5: Bag Skate these lazy D-men and every time they play a bad game, take them out and replace them with other Candidates such as Barker, Alberts or Vandermeer.

I think these are the key changes the Canucks need to become a contender again and the firings of AV, NB, and Bowness will help light a fire under their butts to start performing.

Thank you.

I like your points and love the post. It seems that you have to deal with some of the impotent facepalm rage of certain CDCers who have nothing to add to the discussion. Instead they spew out some useless comment and video. Makes you wonder how these "people" communicate outside of the internet.

They probably don't due to restraining orders.
Posted Image

#259 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

I like your points and love the post. It seems that you have to deal with some of the impotent facepalm rage of certain CDCers who have nothing to add to the discussion. Instead they spew out some useless comment and video. Makes you wonder how these "people" communicate outside of the internet.

They probably don't due to restraining orders.

ikr.

#260 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

I have bumped this thread because I was right in my initial predictions and it has become more and more relevant. Discuss

#261 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

Garrison is the best defenseman on the team and you wanna trade him?

#262 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

I thought the OP wanted yet another jersey change. Ok...carry on. Don't forget to change your underwear OP.

#263 FutureNHLGm

FutureNHLGm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

Just wanted to bump this for all the people who thought I was crazy for wanting these changes in the first place.

#264 sting

sting

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

This season was wasted with poor coaching and horrible management. Not since the Mike Keenan era have I seen such an incompetent job. They need to have clearly defined roles for the players and inject youth and truculence. One of Schneider or Edler needs to be moved for an equal age talented forward that can play with Kesler. I hate to go there but Mike Gillis made a horrible decision to trade away Hodgson not trade Schneider and get a couple players that would of had an immediate impact on this current core group. I really believe those decisions held this team back for 2 critical seasons with this core. Can only hope we can retool this summer but with no trade able assets, young emerging talents and cap space we will probably watch an aging group start failing more and more.

#265 Herberts Vasiljevs

Herberts Vasiljevs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

Edler for Nyquist and a 2nd (or a 1st).

Edited by I'm Brick Tamland, 06 May 2013 - 03:14 PM.

oif7li.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuckfor the awesome sig!

#266 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

Would you like to contribute something to this thread or are you going to keep spamming gifs? Please, tell me why I'm beating a dead horse while he's down.

Just go read the other 1,000,000 threads exactly like this one, but I'm sure your details are a little different so it deserved another thread.. Hmmmm

#267 rosalie52

rosalie52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

Enough of "There's always next year"! How much longer will the Canucks' fans have to be patient?
I need a good laugh.

#268 Canuck hero

Canuck hero

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

I AGREE CHANGES NEED TO BE MADE... HAVE SOME RESPECT CANUCK NATION.... YOU ALL KNOW ITS TRUE... IF YOUR A TRUE CANUCK FAN, YOU WOULD KNOW.
Posted Image

#269 steviewonder20

steviewonder20

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

1. This team has 4, count it 4 regular season losses, a quarter way through a shortened season and people are talking about overhauls. This, along with the ridiculous comments being posted left right and center, after last nights loss explains alot why players like Lou want out, the rest of the leagues fan's think van fans are idiots, and this 30 yr canuck fan realizes how adolescent the majority of Van fans have become.

2. Any changes the nucks need are not as a result of bad coaches, one loss, etc. They are simply tweeks to get this team ready for a run for the cup.

3. Do we need tweeks, of course, every team does. But can this team as is make a run, yes it can, it is arguably better than the 2011 team and just needs to get hot at the right time. I wouldn't want to be a Chi fan right now, yes they are hot but they can't keep this up...if anything LA proved when you need to get hot is not regular season, its going into the playoffs.

4. Minor tweeks, yes. here they are

a. Move Garrison to the third pairing until he is comfortable in the system. He is a good player but having a tough time adjusting. Appears as though this is common with FLA players (Booth still finding his role etc).

b. Move Garrison off the pp with Edler. Both are shots. Garrison should be the shot on the second. Edler and Hammer on first pair, Garrison with Tanev on the second. (or Bieksa).

c. Move Kassian back to the second or first line. He is going to be there in playoffs, its time to start getting him ready and let him play his game. If he is with the Sedin's he knows his role, and we all saw what that showed, terrific play, fighting, hitting etc. You move him around and he gets a bit confused as to how he should contribute. That being said, I was happy with his response last night on the hit on Tanev, Tootoo is a feline. And I'm even glad he took the chirping penalty. He is getting mad, and let him. Thats when he's at his best. AV must stop trying to 'perfect' him, and just let him play his game. It's ok if he's on the third if they can get some chemistry going, but he is a BIGGER part of the solution here than many realize. We need him to play the game we traded him for. AV must allow that to happen, not reign it in. He brings emotion and tenacity.

d. Make the Lou trade soon. Not that I think having both goalies isn't a great luxury, but its affecting both goalies whether they like it or not. Goalies need to get into a rhythm, play a string of games. Yes its good to keep both sharp, but its also mentally draining to deal with the" am I in tonight, am I not". Moroever, a trade needs to bring us a third line center who hits and brings emotion and grit. Right now that is what this team is lacking. Size and aggressiveness. Now as I said, Kassian can bring that, but we need one more for the playoffs. Get us a first rounder with that player and we're set.

Lines

Sedins/Kassian
Higgins/Kesler/Schroder (give him the marty st. louis role on this line)
Raymond/New Center/ Booth
Weisse/Volp Lappy / Hansen

all of a sudden, each line has size, skill, speed, and grit (other than the fourth which is a terrific checking line).

A few comments: Booth can't be here next year as he's been useless and costs to much to be on Injured Reserve, especially with a lower cap. Raymond isn't worth his salary and needs to be replaced with someone bigger. Garrison has the best plus/minus on defence so he's adjusted quite well; can't say the same for Edler or Bieksa, both of whom (unfortunately) have no trade clauses. Ballard has to go because he's one of the few D who doesn't have a no trade clause and we can't afford him and Lou needs to go for anything we can get (picks or a third line center); the goalie circus has gone on too long and I blame MG for this (and I had been a fan of his). I have also been a big fan of the Sedins and they are obviously highly skilled players. However, I am reluctantly coming to the conclusion that they don't have the passion and grit for the post-season. Like many others here, I'd give the C to Kesler, move him to the first line and maybe see about the Sedins having a lesser role (or going to Sweden).

#270 CanucksRepairer

CanucksRepairer

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

Just go read the other 1,000,000 threads exactly like this one, but I'm sure your details are a little different so it deserved another thread.. Hmmmm

This thread was made before any of the other "fire AV" threads. I just checked. Other threads have just copied it.
On the Senators Bandwagon. FIRE AV.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.