Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rovy

Best Hockey Movie (per NHL.com poll)

50 posts in this topic

The NHL.com website has a poll on it today asking what is the "best hockey movie?" Sadly, Mighty Ducks is currently leading.

I think this sends a big message as to why the NHL targets the markets it does so much, while basically snubbing the traditional markets. The fanboys of the NHL are probably younger, and don't really know much about hockey to begin with.

I also think this is why you will not see any drastic changes to fix the glaring issues in the game, and will continue to see the shootout.

Well, it sure as hell isn't Score: A Hockey Musical. That movie SUCKS!

Damn lockout....

The poll should really be "best Hockey movie besides Slap shot"

Everyone knows Slapshot is the #1 hockey movie ever made, but how could you be sad if the Mighty Ducks are winning, growing up that movie was awesome, I guarentee it got a lot of kids wanting to play hockey from just watching it. It's obviously lame now being older, but being a kid and growing up it was a good movie.

I'd say Slapshot followed closely by Miracle

No love for The Rocket?

My personal preference is Slapshot -> Miracle -> The Rocket -> Goon -> Youngblood

Although Miracle, Goon and The Rocket are really close.

I thought Goon was alright. But still nothing compared to Slap Shot. Slap Shot will be #1 forever, likely. It's a cult classic that cannot possibly done again in today's society.

The Disney Mighty Ducks series are all family or kids movies. Belongs in that category instead of sports or hockey movies.

I thought Goon was alright. But still nothing compared to Slap Shot. Slap Shot will be #1 forever, likely. It's a cult classic that cannot possibly done again in today's society.

No hockey movie will ever be able to provide as many quotable lines as Slapshot! No hockey movie will ever come close. I really liked Miracle in terms of its portrayal of hockey in a more serious sense. I also really liked Mystery, Alaska because I came from a similarly small town.

Didn't mention Goon because I haven't seen it yet.