The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks trying yoga

forklift_ole

Will be interesting to see if this works on the team, because if it does they should definately implement this in the playoffs.

What the Canucks are about to face is exactly what any good team can overcome in the playoffs. Putting a really bad game behind you, travelling back home and trying to get a win again is how the playoffs works, and successful teams not only put bad losses behind them but rarely lose 2 in a row.

Yeah, just think! They just lost their 4th regulation time game all year, at the end of a 4 games in 6 days road trip, so it's time to p!ss off grown men by "teaching them a lesson" with a bag skate, thereby building reciprocal trust.

After that approach, I can't imagine what reading the riot act would look like after, say, two losses in a row against Calgary.

This forum's population is littered with spoiled children who think we should go 48-0 and win every game by a touchdown, all while skating at the speed of sound every shift.

Alright everyone! Stop hijacking my thread!

Those of you using terms like "gay" to describe something negatively are being bigoted, the one guy who used "fagg"; adding an extra g does not make that term any less offensive. I trust that you were all joking, but I'm sure there are a lot of homosexual Canucks' fans and board readers that aren't too happy that you find their orientation funny.

Now, to get this thing back on topic: Cody looks like he's pretty desperate to get out of their in that picture.... early warning sign of things to come?

Ignorant, bigoted, close-minded people. Even if you are "joking", just posting this proves your mindset.

I have been teaching PE for 15 years. Yoga is one of the most challenging things I have ever done. It's great for core strength, flexibility and stress reduction.

Try it before you knock it, Cheech and Chong.

That's pretty gay.. They should go to a boxing gym and smack each other around a bit. Wake em up and bring em together, I think it could work lol

Yoga? What's next, group tap dancing class? We need to spark the fierce competitor in them not the zen-topia freebird wussies! If this was av's idea I'll join the firing bandwagon.

This is why Physical Educators should not be Strength and Conditioning coaches.

It's a thing called Specific Adaptations to Imposed Demands. I'm fine if this is yoga session is going to be a one time thing, maybe for relaxation. Which it probably was.

I would be EXTREMELY disappointed if Canucks are engaging in Yoga as as a regular training tool. Hockey players have absolutely no business doing this. The dehydration (Hot Yoga) takes a long time to recover and impairs performance. And regular Yoga is essentially a long duration of isometric contractions, something hockey players DONT do. Ever. In their sport.

Why train the body the body in ways that are not related to your sport? Too much money invested in these guys to fiddle around with this stuff.

hahahahahahaah

maybe you should have listened a little more in school

According to Dr. Nevins, other physical benefits include:

• Increased flexibility

• Increased muscle strength and tone

• Improved respiration, energy and vitality

• The maintenance of a balanced metabolism

• Weight reduction

• Cardio and circulatory health

• Improved athletic performance

• Protection from injury

And who is Dr. Nevins?

The fact remains that yoga is a slow, isometric dominant practice of exercise. Hockey is not.

Why would you do something that does not relate to your sport?

Maybe for your weekend hockey warrior, but not for a million dollar industry.

This is why Physical Educators should not be Strength and Conditioning coaches.

It's a thing called Specific Adaptations to Imposed Demands. I'm fine if this is yoga session is going to be a one time thing, maybe for relaxation. Which it probably was.

I would be EXTREMELY disappointed if Canucks are engaging in Yoga as as a regular training tool. Hockey players have absolutely no business doing this. The dehydration (Hot Yoga) takes a long time to recover and impairs performance. And regular Yoga is essentially a long duration of isometric contractions, something hockey players DONT do. Ever. In their sport.

Why train the body the body in ways that are not related to your sport? Too much money invested in these guys to fiddle around with this stuff.

Archived