46 replies to this topic

#1 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

While it's nice that Henrik recently passed Naslund for all time points as a Canuck, I am reminded that they are statistically tied for the only total that really matters: number of Stanley cups won. Zero.

So can we hold off on hoisting any more numbers to the rafters until someone accomplishes something that actually matters?

#2 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

POPULAR

Jesus Christ you are a debbie downer eh

Might as well bring down the 12 and 16 since they didn't win cups with our organization.

Stupid thread. Go home, you're drunk.

Edited by Django, 25 February 2013 - 08:29 PM.

Posted Image

#3 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Jesus Christ you are a debbie downer eh

Might as well bring down the 12 and 16 since they didn't win cups with our organization.

They at least showed up in the finals they played in.

#4 SNACanuck

SNACanuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Yes, lets hold off on player banners being hoisted until a cup comes to Van? hahaha... lets ignore our players efforts, guess you've never heard of recognizing someone's accomplishments and sacrifice before.

Cheers, 

Canucks fan in SoCal

#5 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Fail troll is fail. Pretty sure creating a thread with the intended purpose of trolling or getting a negative reaction from Canuck fans is against the forum rules, but that's my interpretation of the purpose of your thread.....

#6 Bertorama

Bertorama

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

The Canuck forums are full of ignorant and flagrant attempts at enticing a response like a three year old throwing a temper tantrum to get attention.

So what else is new. We don't have a cup. I believe we are all very aware of that. Thanks I almost forgot !

thcanucks_skate_spin.gif

#7 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

:lol:
Posted Image

#8 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

Fail troll is fail. Pretty sure creating a thread with the intended purpose of trolling or getting a negative reaction from Canuck fans is against the forum rules, but that's my interpretation of the purpose of your thread.....

Yes, I've been lurking in this forum for 4 years before you joined, waiting for the right moment to troll you. Well reasoned ....

Edited by BigRedMachine, 25 February 2013 - 08:39 PM.

#9 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,215 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Obvious troll is obvious.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#10 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Wow :picard:

Simply WOW :picard:

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#11 La Mauviette75

La Mauviette75

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

While it's nice that Henrik recently passed Naslund for all time points as a Canuck, I am reminded that they are statistically tied for the only total that really matters: number of Stanley cups won. Zero.

So can we hold off on hoisting any more numbers to the rafters until someone accomplishes something that actually matters?

wow. first of all, the only total that really matters is not number of Stanley cups won. do you really think that in a season, the only thing that really matters is who won the cup? the rest of it was not important? how many amazing players have not won the cup? did they not actually matter?

I agree that winning a cup is obviously very significant, and is a boost for getting your number retired, but that can't be a criterion for automatic exclusion.
Posted Image

O Ville Lumière, Sens la chaleur, de notre coeur

#12 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

I guess given that other Canucks fans dismiss talking about hard truths as being a "troll", that explains allot about why our franchise has accomplished so little. Carry on ....

#13 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Posted Image

hL9YqYN.jpg

#14 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

I think we'll hold off on those banners till they retire, several years from now..

#15 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,751 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

So basically what you're saying is that:
Ben Eager > Henrik Sedin

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#16 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

wow. first of all, the only total that really matters is not number of Stanley cups won. do you really think that in a season, the only thing that really matters is who won the cup? the rest of it was not important? how many amazing players have not won the cup? did they not actually matter?

I agree that winning a cup is obviously very significant, and is a boost for getting your number retired, but that can't be a criterion for automatic exclusion.

Good points. At the same time, we have retired an awful lot of numbers for a franchise that has no Stanley cups. Just sayin'...

#17 La Mauviette75

La Mauviette75

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

I guess given that other Canucks fans dismiss talking about hard truths as being a "troll", that explains allot about why our franchise has accomplished so little. Carry on ....

alright well your original post is a little abrasive, and canucks fans don't like to be reminded they're part of the no cup club. what you're arguing is that sedin should not be retired unless he gets a cup in vancouver, correct? could you give some arguments why not?

couldn't a player be an amazing leader on a team, a fantastic player, and a true role model in the community without winning a cup?

edit: i see you answered when i was typing. i guess i generally agree that teams shouldn't retire anyone unless they were really really special. and i think you can be really really special without winning the cup. then it's up to debate whether sedin is up to that standard

Edited by La Mauviette75, 25 February 2013 - 08:48 PM.

Posted Image

O Ville Lumière, Sens la chaleur, de notre coeur

#18 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Hard truth? Just because we haven't won a cup doesn't mean we haven't been a great team worthy of accolades. But obviously you have a very different opinion....which I am very glad is in the minority. :)
Posted Image

#19 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

alright well your original post is a little abrasive, and canucks fans don't like to be reminded they're part of the no cup club. what you're arguing is that sedin should not be retired unless he gets a cup in vancouver, correct? could you give some arguments why not?

couldn't a player be an amazing leader on a team, a fantastic player, and a true role model in the community without winning a cup?

And maybe I am a bit abrasive, but I don't live in Vancouver anymore, so fans of other teams are happy to remind me often of the fact We are in the no cup club. And I get a bit tired of canucks fans that seem prepared to accept that.

To your question: a player could. But not if he failed to show up the one time he had a chance to win a Stanley cup. That's why linden is in, and Henrik should not be.

#20 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Hard truth? Just because we haven't won a cup doesn't mean we haven't been a great team worthy of accolades. But obviously you have a very different opinion....which I am very glad is in the minority. :)

Worthy of accolades? After 40 years accolades get old. Bring me a cup.

#21 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,341 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Yes, I've been lurking in this forum for 4 years before you joined, waiting for the right moment to troll you. Well reasoned ....

Seeing as you have not even 400 posts as of now, it wouldn't be a stretch of the mind to guess that you only come on and post when the trolling urges get powerful and over the years, you've slowly accumulated posts.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#22 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

Seeing as you have not even 400 posts as of now, it wouldn't be a stretch of the mind to guess that you only come on and post when the trolling urges get powerful and over the years, you've slowly accumulated posts.

Check my previous posts. I being a bit cynical after 40 years of supporting a disappointing team is being a troll, then I'm a troll.

#23 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Worthy of accolades? After 40 years accolades get old. Bring me a cup.

40 years of accolades = 3 retired numbers? A retired number every 13.3 years is 40 years of accolades? :wacko:

Edited by pimpcurtly, 25 February 2013 - 08:58 PM.

Posted Image

#24 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

40 years of accolades = 3 retired numbers? A retired number every 13.3 years is 40 years of accolades? :wacko:

It's more of a number retired vs. Stanley cups won thing. Compare to the Montreal canadiens who have retired 15 numbers but won 24 Stanley cups.

#25 ken kaniff

ken kaniff

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

lol, just fold the team then. If we haven't won in 40 years we wont win ever right? your getting annoyed at people who call the canucks out on not having a cup yet you come on here and call them out? lol.

seriously though. a guy breaks the record for most points by a canuck and you say he shouldn't be acknowledged?

Check my previous posts. I being a bit cynical after 40 years of supporting a disappointing team is being a troll, then I'm a troll.

this means your pretty much a band wagoner. you dont want to support the team through the cup drought and will only come back when they win a cup. bandwagoner.
RIP rick
Sig too big.

#26 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

this means your pretty much a band wagoner. you dont want to support the team through the cup drought and will only come back when they win a cup. bandwagoner.

Yes. Lifetime fan = band wagoner. Great reasoning.

I'm done talking with people who became fans during the 2011 cup run.

#27 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

It's more of a number retired vs. Stanley cups won thing. Compare to the Montreal canadiens who have retired 15 numbers but won 24 Stanley cups.

Uhh so? Our expansion cousins Sabres have 0 cups and 6 retired numbers. What on earth do other teams have to do with the Vancouver Canucks?
Posted Image

#28 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

What on earth do other teams have to do with the Vancouver Canucks?

It's a sport. You compete. Against other teams.

#29 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

thats why i like the ring of honor and i thought nazzy shouldve been in the ring not number retired .. but once they put his number up they pretty muched sealed the fate of the sedins

#30 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

It's a sport. You compete. Against other teams.

Yah...teams compete on the ice, not in the rafters. ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.