The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Statistical Tie

BigRedMachine

While it's nice that Henrik recently passed Naslund for all time points as a Canuck, I am reminded that they are statistically tied for the only total that really matters: number of Stanley cups won. Zero.

So can we hold off on hoisting any more numbers to the rafters until someone accomplishes something that actually matters?

The Canuck forums are full of ignorant and flagrant attempts at enticing a response like a three year old throwing a temper tantrum to get attention.

So what else is new. We don't have a cup. I believe we are all very aware of that. Thanks I almost forgot !

While it's nice that Henrik recently passed Naslund for all time points as a Canuck, I am reminded that they are statistically tied for the only total that really matters: number of Stanley cups won. Zero.

So can we hold off on hoisting any more numbers to the rafters until someone accomplishes something that actually matters?

wow. first of all, the only total that really matters is not number of Stanley cups won. do you really think that in a season, the only thing that really matters is who won the cup? the rest of it was not important? how many amazing players have not won the cup? did they not actually matter?

I agree that winning a cup is obviously very significant, and is a boost for getting your number retired, but that can't be a criterion for automatic exclusion.

alright well your original post is a little abrasive, and canucks fans don't like to be reminded they're part of the no cup club. what you're arguing is that sedin should not be retired unless he gets a cup in vancouver, correct? could you give some arguments why not?

couldn't a player be an amazing leader on a team, a fantastic player, and a true role model in the community without winning a cup?

Archived