Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Please stop the diving

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
107 replies to this topic

#91 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

I have no problem in saying Kesler is easily one of the worst offenders in the entire NHL....possibly the worst. Drives me nuts and when he stops getting any calls going his way well tough luck. Sadly it hurts the team the most. I think for the most part most of our guys are pretty honest. Burrows has had the odd dive but nowhere near as bad as he used to be... Yes its true all teams dive on occasion but i think this team has to be even more aware of it than others because we have that reputation, warranted or not.. 1 guy or not.. doesn't matter. We have that reputation..and it'll take some time to shed it.

#92 La Mauviette75

La Mauviette75

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Kesler needs to be traded. Easy as that. Patrice Bergeron for Ryan Kesler straight up. Done and Done.

lol can't tell if this is a joke, but that will never happen. bergeron is the next captain of the boston bruins. he's never going to leave boston, and even if the bruins were to trade him, they would never trade him for a guy like kesler, especially considering the history between the teams.
Posted Image

O Ville Lumière, Sens la chaleur, de notre coeur

#93 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,259 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

Of course CDC refutes your claim by posting videos of other players doing it. Because that makes it okay. :rolleyes:

Of course we get the PC posters who are anti-CDC....even though they're here amongst us themselves.

It doesn't make it ok but what it does do is point out that it happens throughout the league. That no one's really immune. Generally, it's simply a response to non calls and as teams gets desperate they will "embellish" (I like that better than dive because it's more accurate).

Posted Image

#94 Canuck hero

Canuck hero

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

you can't stop the diving... the canucks are forced to do it because the calls clearly go against them. goes all the way back to the bertuzzi and steve more inciddent. some makes a hit or runs our goaltender and gets away with it...all the time. the goal in detroit for example that was called off ... good call for once because the detroit player ran lu to knock the puck free... what about the dallas game first one this year .. a clear hit to the head by the dallas player on the canuck and no call was given.... canucks are unfortuneatly the target of the league of winers......
Posted Image

#95 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

The calls are against them because they dive all the time.

Burrows can't get a penalty call in tonight's game because the refs won't ever call a penalty against him again. That's not true, but it sure seems like it.

And it is because he has been a known diver in the past. The refs are an old-boys network, they have a list they share with each other about who can dive and make them look like idiots - and they punish those who have done so.

We probably (well who knows) lost the game tonight because of it. Late 3rd Period power play... tie the game anyone?

#96 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

ear muffs tho..when your diving please.

#97 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

This is supposed to be a dive. :rolleyes:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#98 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

Of course CDC refutes your claim by posting videos of other players doing it. Because that makes it okay. :rolleyes:

Actually, other teams get away with it - that's what makes it NOT okay. And see the video of Daniel immediately above - don't effing tell me that is a dive.

Edited by Ray_Cathode, 26 February 2013 - 11:16 PM.

#99 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,863 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

The calls are against them because they dive all the time.

Burrows can't get a penalty call in tonight's game because the refs won't ever call a penalty against him again. That's not true, but it sure seems like it.

And it is because he has been a known diver in the past. The refs are an old-boys network, they have a list they share with each other about who can dive and make them look like idiots - and they punish those who have done so.

We probably (well who knows) lost the game tonight because of it. Late 3rd Period power play... tie the game anyone?

What's your excuse for the diving call on Daniel - who never dives?

#100 UFTcan

UFTcan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Well to be honest the stick barely touched him, and he went down like a kennedy with a head wound.

#101 nazzybertjovo

nazzybertjovo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

every time I see Kesler dive I thank Jesus that Hank is the captain of the team, would be pretty embarassing otherwise
THANK YOU FOR A GREAT CAREER MARKUS...CANUCKS HOCKEY WONT BE THE SAME
Posted Image

#102 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

Posted Image

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#103 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:41 AM

I actually liked the way Kesler played today. There were many moments where he could have just went down but he fought through checks today and kept battling. (pretty sure he took a look at the mirror before the game)

Although the calls didnt go in our favour, I feel like if we continue to fight through, the league will take notice and we will start getting calls again.

Right now it's clear that the league is watching us and calls arent going in our favour. I think while all eyes are on the team, it gives the team a great opportunity to seize the moment and gain back our reputation by working hard and continuing to battle along the boards.

2 games in a row we get called for diving. Clearly there's a memo out against the Canucks. In order to get out of this mess, the only thing the Canucks should do is focus on battling through checks.

This message needs to come from AV and Henrik to the rest of the team

#104 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,091 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

Kesler is brutal, embarrassing. He's a one trick pony that every team has figured out. If a good player could be had in a Kesler trade, I hope MG pulls the trigger. He single handedly creates a bad identity for the Canucks.

#105 Raffi Torres's Smirk

Raffi Torres's Smirk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

What's your excuse for the diving call on Daniel - who never dives?

Are you serious? Please, take your pick:

http://www.youtube.c...=CA&sa=N&tab=w1

#106 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,863 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

Kesler is brutal, embarrassing. He's a one trick pony that every team has figured out. If a good player could be had in a Kesler trade, I hope MG pulls the trigger. He single handedly creates a bad identity for the Canucks.

Posted Image

#107 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#108 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,259 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

In reviewing your recent history and clear and evident disdain toward Kes, I can only say "David Backes, that you?"

(I guess when you're skating on one foot you're bound to topple every now and then)

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.