Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Do you think it is time for a political change in B.C.?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
98 replies to this topic

#91 DonLever

DonLever

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

BC almost had their closer to the centre party so we could have nailed hat pendulum and moved past the polarized politics we now have. I was a bc liberal supporter until the witch hunt to remove Wilson.

And I just viewed population growth per cent - that's why I left it as an open question per say - if I read it wrong then by all means disregard the last part of my above post

Gordon Wilson showed his true colours by joining the NDP and later even ran for the NDP leadership.

Edited by DonLever, 27 February 2013 - 11:11 PM.

#92 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Gordon Wilson showed his true colours by joining the NDP and later even ran for the NDP leadership.

And before that lying to the party about his relationship with Judy Tyabji.
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#93 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

It seems most people really dislike the direction the province is going in.

Posted Image

#94 iwtl

iwtl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

Let me guess? A sexist comment that you would never make to a male Premier? Nice.

Both male and female party leaders where named - the comment and question was in relation to party leaders not premier or opposition - so yes it was an attempt at adult humour - no it was not gender based/party based/position based.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness." - John Kenneth Galbraith

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. -
John Kenneth Galbraith

"This is the first test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible value to him." - William Lyon Phelps

#95 iwtl

iwtl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

For me when he named Judi party whip without disclosing the relationship - I agree he had to step down. I disagree that the affair was just cause - appointing your girlfriend to an important post without revealing it first is a problem.

The man took the liberals from a near dead party and lead them to official opposition. It was the far right wing faction of BC who had been decimated in their own party name - moved to the Liberals instead of Rebuilding their own party. In 1991 it was nice for a change to have a vote for a party that was just a hair to the right of center. By 1996 the BC Liberals where the Socreds and once again the choices where left or right only.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness." - John Kenneth Galbraith

John Kenneth Galbraith

"This is the first test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible value to him." - William Lyon Phelps

#96 gurn

gurn

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

Whether you vote for the white cat or the black cat is irrelevant if you are a mouse.

#97 iwtl

iwtl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

A true classic

John Kenneth Galbraith

#98 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

It seems most people really dislike the direction the province is going in.

It's baffling that BC no longer has a centrist party. This is where the majority of the populance lies on the political spectrum.

#99 Magikal

Magikal

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

Where is the Rhino Party when you need it?
Posted Image
Credit to Lahey.

October1st,2013. #HistoryWillBeMade

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.