The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you think it is time for a political change in B.C.?

Harbinger

I do not and never have supported the NDP, but I absolutely cannot support these "Today's" B.C. Liberals. They are rotten to the core, they must go. As for Dix, never liked the guy, but you have to agree that in order to be Premier of B.C. one must certainly be implicated in some sort of scandal or ethical mix-up, it just would not be proper for us to have a clean and upstanding leader in this Province. So he's got that going for him, Christy too. It's good to see that no matter what happens, there's not likely to be THAT much change.

No the system is broken, we cater to immigrants too much and no political party has the backbone enough to say the realities of the situation for fear of turning an ethnic vote.

We didnt even elect christy clark..

Every mandate changes after 4-8 years lacking long term goals and real follow through.

Theres no accountability

BROKEN

The NDP is not the lesser of two evils. They are a nightmare in power here. REALLY, REALLY bad. It's always time for a change in politics, it's just the sad fact in life that it doesn't happen. For the time being, we get the choice to vote, but the only thing we get to vote for is what looks less worse than the other. Doesn't help that Dix looks even worse than usual. I guess you really do need to be a sleezebag to be a politician.

There is time for a change but first people need to get out of this stupidity that they must either vote NDP, PC, or Liberal. It's one whole choice better than the American redundancy and individual usurping parties of Democrat vs. Republican.

But we know they are criminals.

But I would rather elect criminals than stupid people like the NDP. At least a criminal will have the where with all to ensure there's always a golden goose to steal from. An idiot will sell it for magic beans.

I love what you just wrote here, because it totally explains what the liberals tried to do over the last decade. They sold the province off to their friends for magic beans. And to your own thinking. Dix may be just the right guy since he does have that whole forgery thing on him.

a while back an elderly neighbor of mine was venting again about the BC Liberals - then attacked the NDP. I asked him which party he supported and which he hated the most - his response rang very true

He was most furious at Gordon Cambell for what he called " taking over and rebranding of his Liberal Party". Turns out he disliked both the NDP and Socreds but felt his Third option if you will had been taken from him in 1991.

If you have a look at

http://en.wikipedia....neral_elections

It really shows right wing shifts from party to party ( I would say like parasites to infect the host but that's just my opinion ).

1991 had BC with 3 parties with standing in the house and we havent had that in many years (37, 41, 52 and 72 ) . Only 4 times in our parlimentry History

On a side note BC population growth

http://en.wikipedia....ritish_Columbia

Shows as double digit growth from the 70's and 90's NDP times but since 2001 single digit growth and our lowest numbers in 5 decades ( other than 1986 ). Other provinces shuch as Saskatchewan buck that trend showing near zero growth population during NDP terms but steady good increases during right wing goverments.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Saskatchewan

So BC certianly bucks that trend - What is it that brings people here during NDP goverments but appears to slow the movement during Right wing goverements?

a while back an elderly neighbor of mine was venting again about the BC Liberals - then attacked the NDP. I asked him which party he supported and which he hated the most - his response rang very true

He was most furious at Gordon Cambell for what he called " taking over and rebranding of his Liberal Party". Turns out he disliked both the NDP and Socreds but felt his Third option if you will had been taken from him in 1991.

If you have a look at

http://en.wikipedia....neral_elections

It really shows right wing shifts from party to party ( I would say like parasites to infect the host but that's just my opinion ).

1991 had BC with 3 parties with standing in the house and we havent had that in many years (37, 41, 52 and 72 ) . Only 4 times in our parlimentry History

On a side note BC population growth

http://en.wikipedia....ritish_Columbia

Shows as double digit growth from the 70's and 90's NDP times but since 2001 single digit growth and our lowest numbers in 5 decades ( other than 1986 ). Other provinces shuch as Saskatchewan buck that trend showing near zero growth population during NDP terms but steady good increases during right wing goverments.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Saskatchewan

So BC certianly bucks that trend - What is it that brings people here during NDP goverments but appears to slow the movement during Right wing goverements?

BC almost had their closer to the centre party so we could have nailed hat pendulum and moved past the polarized politics we now have. I was a bc liberal supporter until the witch hunt to remove Wilson.

And I just viewed population growth per cent - that's why I left it as an open question per say - if I read it wrong then by all means disregard the last part of my above post

BC almost had their closer to the centre party so we could have nailed hat pendulum and moved past the polarized politics we now have. I was a bc liberal supporter until the witch hunt to remove Wilson.

And I just viewed population growth per cent - that's why I left it as an open question per say - if I read it wrong then by all means disregard the last part of my above post

If you don't know by now, the B.C. Liberals are generally a coalition between Federal Conservatives and Federal Liberal types.

If Christy Clark loses this election, someone like Stockwell Day may come in and rebrand the Liberals (the Conservative faction HATE the name)

I have a few people who I would definitely prefer to him. And the people I have in mind are sharp people.

If you don't know by now, the B.C. Liberals are generally a coalition between Federal Conservatives and Federal Liberal types.

If Christy Clark loses this election, someone like Stockwell Day may come in and rebrand the Liberals (the Conservative faction HATE the name)

I have a few people who I would definitely prefer to him. And the people I have in mind are sharp people.

Archived