The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

As it stands right now, Do you think we'll win the Stanley Cup?

Sedinry

Will we win the Stanley Cup with this current team?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So as it stands right now, almost half way through the season, do you think this current team has what it takes to win the Stanley Cup?

For me it's a no as it's not because of the Defense core. I mean on paper, if you can't win with the defense that Canucks have, something is very wrong.

However I feel our 2nd line needs a real pure goal scorer on it and that Kesler needs to get back to using his Wingers and his Selke form, I mean how many take aways does Kesler have on the Season?

Without going any further, what to do you guys think? And if yes or no, for what reason?

Anything can happen - if we are healthy and if we play our hearts out - then yes - we can win with the current players.

If we can trade one of our goalies for say a top 6 forward or top defense, then that would give us a better chance.

Unfortunately no. The way the Canucks have been playing is 50/50, I feel you don't quite know if they're going to even bother showing up. Our offence needs consistency, our defense needs to be solid and awake, Luongo and Schnieder need to stop having meltdowns and we need something more crafty than the drop pass.

No.

They don't seem to have the killer instinct to make a big playoff run, I don't see this team being better than the 2011 team. Maybe with some tweaks at the trade deadline. The defensive core feels too unreliable, The goaltending has been great but I don't think that's going to be enough in the playoffs.

Agree with other poster, your statement is too absolute.

We (along with a handful of other teams) have a make up that should allow them to compete for the cup.

What happens between then and now has to many variables to simply assume we ill or won't be in the finals let alone actually win the cup.

Agree with other poster, your statement is too absolute.

We (along with a handful of other teams) have a make up that should allow them to compete for the cup.

What happens between then and now has to many variables to simply assume we ill or won't be in the finals let alone actually win the cup.

Rangers, Pens, Boston, Tampa, Devils ---> all very good teams out of the east

Chicago, San Jose, St. Louis, Detroit, LA ---> all very good teams out of the west

Thats 10 teams (11 including Vancouver) who I would say all have a very good chance.

Yeah, some teams are better than others, but at the end of the day no team has more than a 10% chance of winning the cup, no matter how you look at it.

I'm sorry but our record is relatively good as of now. Reading the Op's post would make me think we were below .500

If we get hot at the right time than yes, of course we can win it all. Our fourth liners have to step it up big time durning the playoffs like the Kings did last post season run. We have the parts. Sedins are consistent point producers, Kes can step up his game offensively & especially defensively. Our D core is solid & our goaltending is top 5.

Maybe a deadline trade or the insertion of a game breaker (Jensen) chomping at the bit, might be enough to tilt the scales.

You just never know guys. It just has to click at the right time.

P.S. I know the last loss was hard to take but we always have one like that before we take off. Always.

No, our defence sucks. We have two many left D's and no one that can play with Edler, except maybe Tanev.

We are also missing a second liner. We are also missing someone that can pass the puck on the second line.

We are missing a genuine 3rd line center.

We lack game breakers, and some toughness.

Archived