Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sedinry

As it stands right now, Do you think we'll win the Stanley Cup?

Will we win the Stanley Cup with this current team?   239 votes

1. 1. Will we win the Stanley Cup with this current team?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

192 posts in this topic

i mean, it's possible, but i wouldn't bet on it unless the canucks get some extra pieces.

OP Take down the poll.

Or at least change it so it isn't a yes/no question.

They are good enough to win it... as are any other contending teams...

It literally all hinges on Kesler.

If he rounds into shape and peaks for the playoffs, yes they are good enough. If he continues to eat line mates, no.

Only 1 in 30 could win. If you asked the same question about any other team, including Chicago or Boston, I would respond: "It doesn't look good for them."

We need another Sniper like Hossa,Semin,Seguin, etc

If Kesler gets shut down, so does our entire 2nd line

As of half way through last season, would you have thought the Kings would win the Cup?

The Canucks have a better chance than most, but I certainly wouldn't wager any serious money on it happening.

Your question is: "Will we win the Stanley Cup with this current team?"

The answer to that for pretty much every team in the league should be: "No, probably not". Because it doesn't matter how good your team is, only one team will walk away the winner.

Also, anything can happen, as perfectly exemplified last year. Presidents Trophy team has their top scorer injured, and goes cold, while the 8th seed goes on one of the biggest hot streaks in the history of the league.

A better question would be "CAN we win...?" My answer? Hell ya! Didn't you read the last paragraph?

No, dear reactionary CDC'er...they do not.

While any team can certainly improve with a key trade here or there, they 're just fine with the personnel they have. What they need to do is simply get on their game.

Only 1 in 30 could win. If you asked the same question about any other team, including Chicago or Boston, I would respond: "It doesn't look good for them."

Thats too much of an absolute statement.

But this team has just as much of a chance as any other team in the league.

On paper they should. But the defense is playing much worse than it should on paper.

Trade schneider and get a solid 1-2 dman asap.

So as it stands right now, almost half way through the season, do you think this current team has what it takes to win the Stanley Cup?

For me it's a no as it's not because of the Defense core. I mean on paper, if you can't win with the defense that Canucks have, something is very wrong.

However I feel our 2nd line needs a real pure goal scorer on it and that Kesler needs to get back to using his Wingers and his Selke form, I mean how many take aways does Kesler have on the Season?

Without going any further, what to do you guys think? And if yes or no, for what reason?

No, I think we need to trade for a good second line center. I think our d will be fine. We don't need two great goalies in the playoffs pull the trade MG give us a chance.

No, I think we need to trade for a good second line center. I think our d will be fine. We don't need two great goalies in the playoffs pull the trade MG give us a chance.

We'll make the playoffs but we'll lose to either Chicago, St. Louis, Anaheim, or Detroit/LA if they make the playoffs.

Hate to say it but expectations aren't high right now.

Meh, I said as of right now, and it's suppose to be absolute. As in, Gillis needs to change something for a change to occur, because from what I watched last season and this season nothing has changed. They have no motivation to play

No...? lol Take a chill pill instead.

And demote kesler to what? A five million dollar third line center? The guy just had multiple surgeries... he's one of the best all around defensive forwards in the game ffs. Smh. We need a shake up on d not center

We'll make the playoffs but we'll lose to either Chicago, St. Louis, Anaheim, or Detroit/LA if they make the playoffs.

Hate to say it but expectations aren't high right now.