The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

As it stands right now, Do you think we'll win the Stanley Cup?

Sedinry

Will we win the Stanley Cup with this current team?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nah, they aren't. Trade for a 3rd line center, a second line winger, and a big shutdown RH Dman. Fire AV, Fire Newell Brown, Fire Bowness,

Hire Lindy Ruff, Hire Baumer, Hire another def coach. Bag skate the defence every time they have a sloppy game and there you go. There's your cup winning Canucks. Until that happens, No Cup for Hanky.

That year was different. That year the Canucks would steamroll teams. Absolutely dominate them. These last two years have been different. They're coasting and lazy. Not the same team by any stretch that we had in 2011. Not even close. We've lost quite a few assets we had on that cup winning team that shouldn't of been let go including Ehrhoff.

Its hard to predict these things because look what happened with LA, but my feeling is that the Canucks are not going to be a contender this year. They havent resolved the 3rd line center issue, they are significantly lacking in secondary scoring, and there are holes in the defense corps. And you can certainly forget about any trades happening with Luongo with a guy like Gillis in charge, unless by some miracle some team happens to offer the earth the sky and everything in between for him. The window of opportunity is closing but Gillis is too content with the status quo to make any needed changes. I'd like to be wrong but I'm not feeling very optimistic.

We have a very good team........................but......................we don't have a SC winning team.

Look at the teams that win the SC. They are often less than great in the league but they tend to have 2/3 things. A big bodied group able to outlast the opposition in best of 7's, a genuine sniper or two and a goalie who plays out of his skin in the playoffs.

I reckon we would have been the exception to the rule in 2011, however we will not imo put it all together like that again. Too many of this team know the pain and I doubt whether they would accept it psychologically again.

They performed heroics in 2011 against teams who tried to batter them into submission but they showed a toughness and resilience that this core will never be able to replicate.

Have we ever been fully fit as a team since 2011?............I wonder why.

Archived