Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

As it stands right now, Do you think we'll win the Stanley Cup?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
191 replies to this topic

Poll: Will we win the Stanley Cup with this current team? (239 member(s) have cast votes)

Will we win the Stanley Cup with this current team?

1. Voted Yes (46 votes [19.25%])

Percentage of vote: 19.25%

2. Voted No (193 votes [80.75%])

Percentage of vote: 80.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#181 cc_devil

cc_devil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

we have not improved our team in 3 years...our top 3 lines are pretty much the same...instead of getting garrison we should have kept salo and went after a goal scorer for the second line..

Av needs to go but its beginning to look like MG makes a better player agent than GM.
He love fest for AV may cost him his job as well.

#182 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

well let's see what we get for Luongo. A front line player and a top prospect? more? less?

lol you seriously think Luongo is going to be traded this year the way things are going?

he's one of the few positive things about this team this season

Edited by Primus099, 27 February 2013 - 02:52 PM.

#183 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,817 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

Is it just me, or does the team just not seem to be all on the same page? Maybe it's team chemistry or so, but it seems we don't have the right mix.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#184 snucks

snucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

Is it just me, or does the team just not seem to be all on the same page? Maybe it's team chemistry or so, but it seems we don't have the right mix.

They have tuned out the coaching staff and GM. No one is saying anything yet.

#185 derr12

derr12

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

I voted no, I like the play from our forwards for the most part recently, but...

Our defence has not played much solid hockey this year. Our only decent d-pairing tanev-ballard were split up for reasons I cant explain last game. High support for pinching d-men has been non-existant and 2-1's and breakaways are starting to get out of control. Alex edler is playing like a pussycat and Hamhuis is afraid to lay a solid check as well. We are FAR too easy to play against in our own end. I hate to admit it, but i kind of miss Aaron rome. In our end, rather than pickig up a man, it seems like everyone is puck watching too... these are all mental and coaching breakdowns. We are loosing right now because our goalies havent stolen a game 100% of the time lately (which they usually do). We should have a much worse record than we do right now.

Also, We need to trade so we dont have 17 d-men who shoot on the same side. Who's running this crap show?

#186 Mauii

Mauii

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

With the right leadership...sure why not. See LA Kings...considering our line up supersedes theirs...granted the reffing has to be world class and fair and equitable playing on a level playing field. If the modus operandi of the NHL was actually based on let the best man win/skill/ability...then hell ya....if it's based on who's in need of some fans...well then Canucks don't have a chance in hell if the NHL/refs can do anything about it...I believe they're one in the same. So much for objective/proper regulation.

A sure way to turn off real sports fans is shady/fixed operations unless you're in the WWE business. Real sports fans appreciate good competition and watching players exhibit insane skill...win or lose as long as it was a hard fought battle and an exciting game...that's what captures their attention...kids trying to emulate them...getting out in the community....that will generate true/long lasting hard core sports fans not bandwagon fans who only come around during a successful run then disappear when the run is over. Before Bure came around, I had no interest in watching hockey. All I saw was a bunch of guys skating around...kind of boring actually but when I saw Bure play...boy was he exciting to watch so then I started paying attention. It's like when the Sedins play in the eastcoast, you can hear the excitement and the awe from the fans. That is entertaining hockey! I should also note, my ex a hard core Canucks fan continued to watch, follow, listen to hockey on the radio despite Canucks years of not so good/successful era. That is the making of a fan for life.

Edited by Mauii, 28 February 2013 - 06:07 PM.

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil."

#187 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,889 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

lol you seriously think Luongo is going to be traded this year the way things are going?

he's one of the few positive things about this team this season

If things go south with Kesler out, he better trade Luongo if he wants to save the season and his job.

What good does having an asset wether its CS or Luongo sitting on the bench every game when that asset could be used to improve our top 6?

#188 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Yes.

Great goaltending. Solid defense. Forward lines getting back from injury.

And also a positive attitude, something which is not shared by a lot of folks on this forum.

regards,
G.

Solid defense? Hahahahahahhaha! Do you actually watch the games? The defense is in no way solid.
Posted Image

#189 taib mahmud

taib mahmud

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

They won't even make the p/offs ..... they've been skating like headless chickens !!

#190 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

YES
Posted Image

#191 Goalscorer

Goalscorer

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

For what it's worth.... My take is that it's the mix of this team that doesn't work. As individuals the Canucks ice a nice lineup but as a team there are ingredients missing.

Goaltenders...Both good but together it's a mess

Defence...This is the position that MG is "all in". They don't play big and lack an identity. Edler and Garrison have been dissapointing, Bieksa and Hamhuis are solid #2-3's and Tanev, Ballard are solid 5-6's.Lack of a true #1 hurts.. see Chicago, Boston amd LA

Forwards... Obvious statement that this team goes if the Sedins, Kesler and Burrows are going but this is year five of these four in the top six. Do we continue to look back at the run in 2011 and hope that they can conjure that up again or will age and injury start taking it's toll and see a slow but steady decline. Can't believe that Raymond is still on this team plus throw in Schroeder on the same line and expect zero production in the playoffs. Third and fourth lines are a big fail on MG's report card.
Kasian... such a wild card, teases Canucks fans then goes into hiding. Is he being treated fairly?? Should he be on the top or bottom 6?? I don't watch tape and understand their systems (goes for 99.9% of the people on this forum) If he had a more aggressive natural trait Buffalo wouldnt have traded him...He drove Ruff nuts with his inconsisent play and seeing the same here.

Coaching - I like AV but maybe his time is up. The same message to the same group of guys over a period of time gets old

Overall - Team will finish 3rd in the Western Conference and try to flick the switch on at the start of the playoffs. We all know how that usually ends.

#192 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

Need an addition to the team that puts Kes in his place or Kes needs to go.

Need a very skilled offensive d man.

Need a center that is 2C legitimate and can replace Kes.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.