51 replies to this topic

#31 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Totally off-topic here...but I just noticed that two days ago was my 10th anniversary on these message boards.

I am accepting gifts since I'm sure you were wondering.

Happy Anniversary...we'll get you the same thing we got you last year...except in blue this time.

#32 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Im a Ted Nolan Fan after all he got the NYI into the playoffs thats almost impossible :)

If you're wishfully thinking/hoping that Ted Nolan would be next HC for the Canucks, that would be great, if you want a head coach who sleeps with any of the players' wives. Ted Nolan is a beauty...there's a reason why no one in the NHL will touch him.

#33 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

I agree, I have a feeling we're going to go beast mode real soon.
Posted Image

#34 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

If you're wishfully thinking/hoping that Ted Nolan would be next HC for the Canucks, that would be great, if you want a head coach who sleeps with any of the players' wives. Ted Nolan is a beauty...there's a reason why no one in the NHL will touch him.

....He may be a good bet then because if the Canuck players are looking after business at home, anything like they are on the ice,there's probably a need for him.lol !

#35 papagrizz

papagrizz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

it's not the coach people. It's lack of a second wave of attack. What we really need is David Booth and Kesler to find their game and be that secondary consistant scoring threat we desperately need. i know Raymond is having a hell of a bounce back year, but we can't rely on him to be that guy. We brought in Booth to be that power forward we have been lacking since Bert left and that has not panned out so far.

the issue with kes and booth isnt that they havent "found their way" but that everyone knows how they play, all kesler does is rush up the middle and try to take a long wrist shot, all booth does is drive wide then cut in. Defenders know what theyre going to do. They had one good season in which defenders hadn't figured out how to stop them, now everybody does

#36 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

Fire AV, Hire Lindy.

ew
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#37 CanuckCup1316

CanuckCup1316

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

Because Lindy did such a good job in Buffalo firing up his team ?

AV is the best coach Vancouver has ever had, Lindy is not an improvement.

i agree. Why is Lindy posing as a nux fan on this site. He keeps trying to get a job here by postering on these boards. Just because you were a coach in Buffalo for a long time and acomplished nothing, doesnt mean you are a good coach.

#38 Silfverberg Snipes

Silfverberg Snipes

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Nope. The Canucks have been playing laid back hockey ever since we lost in the Cup finals during the regular season. I doubt the Detroit game "wakes them up".

Sig too big. 

#39 lexluthor

lexluthor

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

I've been thinking, was the Detroit spanking finally what the team needed to wake up? Remember last year when we got clubbed by MTL and then turned our season around. Or a couple years ago when the Hawks stapled us 7-1? We went on a fantastic streak, can't remember what it was but I know it was impressive. I honestly think that we will wake up from the beating we took against the Wings. I don't know about you but I wanna see this team play with some heart, back to these days:

http://m.youtube.com...k&feature=plpp#

Go Canucks Go!!! :towel:

Saw the noon news today and Perry Solkowski was interviewing Cory Schneider and he said a number of players were under the weather for the Detroit game. He said they didn't know if it was the flu that hit the team or if it was minor food poisoning. Maybe that's why they got spanked by Detroit.

#40 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

Because Lindy did such a good job in Buffalo firing up his team ?

AV is the best coach Vancouver has ever had, Lindy is not an improvement.

Lindy is just as "decorated" as AV and his firing just shows that after a length of time a coach will wear out his welcome.

Is AV the best coach the Canucks ever had? Or are the Canucks the best team a Vancouver coach ever had to work with?
I'd say it's the latter, and as I mentioned in another thread and I'll reiterate here, a chimpanzee could probably squeeze more out of this group of players than AV's been able to.

#41 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

i agree. Why is Lindy posing as a nux fan on this site. He keeps trying to get a job here by postering on these boards. Just because you were a coach in Buffalo for a long time and acomplished nothing, doesnt mean you are a good coach.

That goes the same for AV then doesn't it? They've accomplished about the same amount.

#42 Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

great idea

Doubt it. AV Isnt the coach to wake them up. Fire AV, Hire Lindy.

luo_sig_with_words.jpg

#43 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

No, we didn't really turn things around when we lost to Montreal. That happened last March, and by then we already had a winning record.

Edited by Canuck or Die, 26 February 2013 - 07:07 PM.

EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#44 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76,260 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Yeah, but we were doing so well before the loss too.

307mg00.jpg

#45 Bertorama

Bertorama

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

The Canucks are a feared team that is well respected not only for skill but for being such a professional organization top to bottom.

The Canucks are a great team this year and it would not surprise me if we see a big win streak mid season. This team looks focused and ready to prove people wrong. There is too much pride to allow for mediocrity. Their is a lot to prove in that locker room. What better motivation could you want then the last four years of getting so close then missing the big one! I see the hunger

Edited by Bertorama, 26 February 2013 - 08:13 PM.

thcanucks_skate_spin.gif

#46 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,536 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

:bigblush:

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#47 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

6 x 7

The answer to every question ever.

#48 Silfverberg Snipes

Silfverberg Snipes

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

Great wake up game, defense looks horrendous.

Sig too big. 

#49 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

I wouldn't want to tax the brain trust of CDC quite so much, addition is probably more than enough.

We all need a laugh:

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#50 yete

yete

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

I've been thinking, was the Detroit spanking finally what the team needed to wake up? Remember last year when we got clubbed by MTL and then turned our season around. Or a couple years ago when the Hawks stapled us 7-1? We went on a fantastic streak, can't remember what it was but I know it was impressive. I honestly think that we will wake up from the beating we took against the Wings. I don't know about you but I wanna see this team play with some heart, back to these days:

u were wrong

#51 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

Breaking News:

Willie Mitchell
Jason Garrison

would rock the lower mainland

if only we knew then

but yeah 8 to 3 for Detroit
I don't have an answer for that... :sadno:

#52 CanuckCup1316

CanuckCup1316

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

That goes the same for AV then doesn't it? They've accomplished about the same amount.

Alain Vigneault is the 16th Head Coach in Vancouver Canucks history. Since his appointment on June 20, 2006, Vigneault has led the Canucks to two Presidents¹ Trophies, a Stanley Cup Final appearance, and five Northwest Division titles and postseason berths in six seasons with the club. Vigneault¹s combined regular season record (287-155-50) entering the 2012.13 season represents the most successful winning percentage (.634) by a Vancouver Head Coach, while his 287 career wins rank first all-time in franchise history.Ruff leaves the Sabres with a 571-432-78-84 regular-season record and took them to the 1999 Stanley Cup final. Seems that Alain did quite a bit more in way less time. But to be fair Alain had a better team where the only good years for Buffalo was with Hasek.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.