The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver + Islanders (Simple Deadline Acquisition)

Vancouver

Brad Boyes

Marty Reasoner

New York Islanders

Anton Rodin

4th Round Pick 2013

Reasons:

Brad Boyes

- 15 points in 18 games (albeit in very sheltered situations)

- Former 40 goal scorer and only 30 years old

- 1 million cap

- RH shot, solid play making

Marty Reasoner

- Bottom 6 center, left handed, strong faceoff ability

Both players are rentals, and fill holes in our roster.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Boyes

Hansen Schroeder Raymond

Higgins Reasoner Lapierre

Good deal, and good value, Boyes is on a roll now but really hasn't been anything special in awhile (for the most part) then Reasoner is probably worth a 7th, and even adds to our team.

Not bad, not sure if we need a winger but I would probably do it if there isn't anything better/different we could get.

I could see this as a way to shed cap for next season, substituting Booth for Rodin + pick

Assuming that ends up being how we make the cap next season, we'd get 2 servicable players to finish out the year as value back, instead of simply paying booth in a buyout and getting nothing in return.

We need offense-first RW anyways, we have exactly 0.

Guest Pinchin

I doubt Boyes will go until the NYIlanders are sure they won't be a playoff team, and even then, he will cost too much. I take it you sending Kassian to the Wolves. I wouldn't complain if it happened, but do you really think no other team would make a better for Boyes?

I've thought of him as a depth center for the canucks and I think as some good hockey left in him

To nyi: 4th pick 2013

To van: reasoner

I don't have much interest in boyes but as a depth move I say why not...I'd like to see if we could do better

Also I don't see boyes as a player mg would like to resign and he isn't a fan of strictly rentals but who knows...he may change his mind for the right price

Archived