Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-Vintage Canuck-

[Trade] Erik Cole to Stars for Michael Ryder

82 posts in this topic

@TSNBobMcKenzie

MTL trades Erik Cole to DAL for Michael Ryder.

Wow. Cole's underperformance landed him in Dallas. Ryder has been good for Dallas, I guess they feel they can kick Cole into gear

I'm guessing/speculating that things weren't all peachy in the locker room after Cole announced that he might retire over the new CBA.

I like Ryder, he's an underrated player.

Poor Ryder. He wasn't popular when he played for Montreal awhile back. Even worse fishbowl than Vancouver.

Cole played in my hometown a few years way back when, good player and person. I think he is an improvement over ryder. more physical and can still score. Good for them i'd say.

Cole has two years left after this year... Ryder is a UFA at the end of the year

Ryder's the better player, good trade for Montreal.

Dallas gets worse IMO.

Ryder got a 3 point game yesterday, I wonder if that had to do with anything

In before "how come Gillis wasn't in on this!"

But this is a weird one, certainly unexpected since Ryder's been good in Dallas. Perhaps they felt they wouldn't be able to re-sign him? Certainly I could see Montreal wanting to make use of their younger players coming up, but who knows.

Sad to see the Pacioretty- Desharnais - Cole line go, but that didn't work out this year. I like the trade!

This is a weird deal. Ryder and Cole both played very well with their teams last season. Ryder was great for Dallas and Cole has awesome chemistry with Desharnais and Pacioretty. I guess they just wanted a change?

If Cole is on his game he is the better player IMO, obviously right now he isn't though.

Strange trade, it will be weird to see Ryder back with the Habs. Especially when they take on the B's.