21 replies to this topic

#1 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

Lets face it, the Canucks window is starting to close, we dont have much in the farm to replace the Sedins who probably has 2-3 more productive years left. The #1 center position is the most important positon in hockey, if we dont get one to replace Henrik, we end up like Calgary. So that being said, here is my proposal. B)

To Van:

Sean Couturier
Matt Read (UFA)

To Phi:

Ryan Kesler
Jordan Schroeder
Sauve/Connaughton/Polasek

----

The Flyers are in win now mode, Holmgren have always liked Kesler, he fits the Flyers flashy in your face style of play. I think the fans would love him there.

There is a log jam in the forward position for the Flyers, Read is a UFA and will probably look for a raise. JS is still on ELC and could replace Read.

----

The Canucks still remain competitive with this trade but if we do not win the playoffs, it puts us in a good position because we've acquired some good young players for the future.

We get a big young promising center in Couturier who i believe can take the #1 center once the Sedins retire.

Matt Read is a RW, something we lack but could also play center and is a good defensive forward who could replace Raymond next season.

----

What do you guys think? we overpay or they overpay? fair deal?

----

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Burrows - Couturier - Booth
Raymond - Read- Hansen
Higgins - Lappiere - Weise

#2 The Kessing Booth line

The Kessing Booth line

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

1. That's massive overpayment for Couturier
2. Sedins have 5-6 productive years left
3. If we're dealing Kesler we can do much better than 2 3L(on this team)

#3 Malkin Cookies

Malkin Cookies

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

How about no?

qrj53a.jpg

Thanks to VC

#4 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Hahahahahahaha! We get destroyed!
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#5 Gretzky's Mullet

Gretzky's Mullet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

So if this trade helps a team in "win now" mode, shouldn't we not make it? I mean, last time I checked the Canucks would like to "win now" and are in better shape to do so than Philadelphia.

Edited by Gretzky's Mullet, 26 February 2013 - 06:20 PM.

Posted Image

LUC BOURDON: FEB 16TH, 1987 - MAY 29TH, 2008

#6 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

Sorry mate, Not into it.. take Jordan Schroeder out that deal and we can talk tho :towel:
Posted Image

#7 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,038 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

Ugh, no no no.

I like Couturier as much as the next guy, but that is severe overpayment by us.

RIP LB RR PD

#8 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,857 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

Sorry mate, Not into it.. take Jordan Schroeder out that deal and we can talk tho :towel:

Really? That's what's holding you back?

Way too much of any overpayment.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#9 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • 24,054 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

are you serious? :picard:

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

Whats with this 'massive' overpayment talk? You're not going to get Couturier off Philly without one of Kesler or Edler in the package.

Anyone who thinks we can package JS+Rodin or whoever is going to get us a bluechip prospect and a potential #1 center is delusional.

I like Jordan Schroeder as much as the next guy, but I dont see a long term future with him on the Canucks.

Kesler's ego is getting bigger every year and his relationship with AV is not on the best of terms anymore either.

We clear 5m of cap space which opens up alot of options, we can trade or sign a top 6 forward while Couturier is still on ELC.

It sets the team for the future and get some size in the top 6.

#11 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

No! Just No.......... You do not TRADE Kesler. He plays with so much heart and once he is back to his normal (non diving) form he will go into beast mode and will bring us to glory.

Jordan Schroeder is young and has a lot of potential it makes no sense for the Canucks to trade him and Kes away to get another young player. Just NO. :picard:

Posted Image
Do Not Trade TanevPosted Image

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#12 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

No! Just No.......... You do not TRADE Kesler. He plays with so much heart and once he is back to his normal (non diving) form he will go into beast mode and will bring us to glory.

Jordan Schroeder is young and has a lot of potential it makes no sense for the Canucks to trade him and Kes away to get another young player. Just NO. :picard:

His antics is starting to annoy me, i liked him better 2 years ago when his ego was still in check.

If the Canucks want to change their reputation, then trading Kesler is a start.

Richards plays with alot of heart aswell, but Philly traded him and Carter. they took a chance and gave their young players a chance and now Giroux is a superstar.

#13 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Lets face it, the Canucks window is starting to close, we dont have much in the farm to replace the Sedins who probably has 2-3 more productive years left. The #1 center position is the most important positon in hockey, if we dont get one to replace Henrik, we end up like Calgary. So that being said, here is my proposal. B)

To Van:

Sean Couturier
Matt Read (UFA)

To Phi:

Ryan Kesler
Jordan Schroeder
Sauve/Connaughton/Polasek

----

The Flyers are in win now mode, Holmgren have always liked Kesler, he fits the Flyers flashy in your face style of play. I think the fans would love him there.

There is a log jam in the forward position for the Flyers, Read is a UFA and will probably look for a raise. JS is still on ELC and could replace Read.

----

The Canucks still remain competitive with this trade but if we do not win the playoffs, it puts us in a good position because we've acquired some good young players for the future.

We get a big young promising center in Couturier who i believe can take the #1 center once the Sedins retire.

Matt Read is a RW, something we lack but could also play center and is a good defensive forward who could replace Raymond next season.

----

What do you guys think? we overpay or they overpay? fair deal?

----

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Burrows - Couturier - Booth
Raymond - Read- Hansen
Higgins - Lappiere - Weise

I like the idea of trading Kesler- the guy needs to revamp how he sees himself- he has not been very effective for a while and he seems to just get the puck, put his head down and skate into someone or send a wrister off someone's stick out of bounds.

Read is not a centerman, so why are you putting him there dude? Plying center is a whole different game.

In your proposal you are giving up two centerman, so you would have to get 2 centermen back or make a second trade to get a solid third line center, which is not easy.

Kesler is a selke winner, so that is his ceiling...do we see couturier as a selke winner? if not than one would have to add more.

Kesler
2014 first
Ballard

for

Schenn Brothers

Great trade

Edited by canuckfan85, 26 February 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#14 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

I like the idea of trading Kesler- the guy needs to revamp how he sees himself- he has not been very effective for a while and he seems to just get the puck, put his head down and skate into someone or send a wrister off someone's stick out of bounds.

Read is not a centerman, so why are you putting him there dude? Plying center is a whole different game.

In your proposal you are giving up two centerman, so you would have to get 2 centermen back or make a second trade to get a solid third line center, which is not easy.

Kesler is a selke winner, so that is his ceiling...do we see couturier as a selke winner? if not than one would have to add more.

Kesler
2014 first
Ballard

for

Schenn Brothers

Great trade

Well Wiki has him at RW while HF has him as a Center. So i dont know haha.

Holmgren gave up JVR to get Shenn, so i dont think he will trade him and besides, we dont need anymore high priced defencemen.

We can get a rental player (center) at the deadline to patch up that hole.

As for Couturier's ceiling and a selke player, when he was drafted he was compared to Jordan Staal, he also did a good job shutting down Malkin in the playoffs last season. And keep in mind the guy is only 19, he's only going to get better.

The player some people are missing in the deal is Read, he's a very good 2-way player, a late bloomer.

#15 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,857 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

Whats with this 'massive' overpayment talk? You're not going to get Couturier off Philly without one of Kesler or Edler in the package.

Anyone who thinks we can package JS+Rodin or whoever is going to get us a bluechip prospect and a potential #1 center is delusional.

I like Jordan Schroeder as much as the next guy, but I dont see a long term future with him on the Canucks.

Kesler's ego is getting bigger every year and his relationship with AV is not on the best of terms anymore either.

We clear 5m of cap space which opens up alot of options, we can trade or sign a top 6 forward while Couturier is still on ELC.

It sets the team for the future and get some size in the top 6.

If you have to give up Kesler or Edler to get Couturier, it's not worth it. I wouldn't trade them for the potential of a player that doesn't far exceed what they already offer (and it's even debatable Couturier's potential does exceed what they offer at all, I don't think it does). Is he better than what they are now at 20? No, and the rest is arguable at best.

So, not only do we lose there, we give up a good, young center and one of our D prospects only to get back Matt Read. A smaller player, and good, but it's arguable if he's very good. He's doing well this year and had a good year last, but that's his whole NHL resume at 26. We don't know how long that'll continue, or if he'll improve or fade.

Does it improve our team? We lose a proven player at either C or D, a young player at C and a prospect at D. We get a young player at C and another at W/C. Our overall output is less than it was. and it doesn't make us a stronger team in my opinion.

Edited by elvis15, 26 February 2013 - 09:13 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#16 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,215 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

For the last time: We.Are.Not.Rebuilding.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#17 Florence

Florence

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,619 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

For what it's worth even though most Canucks fans seem to hate this deal as a Flyers fan I would hate this deal also :lol:

Matt Read is way underrated.

ezgifcom-gif-maker_zps756122ce.gif

#18 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

Hey guys :bigblush:

#19 theredbaron77

theredbaron77

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

I like where your heading but I'd rater see somthing like this.

To van:

Coturrier
Simmonds

To philly:

Kessler
Higgins
Canaughton

I know I spelled his name wrong. Anyways I think kessles in decline and we need to trade up while he's at top value. Simmonds is an obviously an upgrade on higgins and the flyers need d depth. Any thoughts I'd also do talbot for raymond for the cup run.

#20 How the west was won

How the west was won

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

So far today on DCD i've learned that trading kesler mean blowing up the team.

The problem with the canucks and their fans is that they are afraid of losing. You can see it in the play especially when they have the lead. How many loses have the canucks lot a lead in, I'm guessing but I'd say about 6 of 9. You can see it in the fans when a person suggests trading a core player, which equals everyone on the roster besides ballard raymond and weise.

But lets see, the canucks played better hockey without kesler in the line up, better hockey without booth in the lineup. But the reality is Kesler is the better player. Booth brings energy but not a whole lot more for how much he is being paid.

Booth, Raymond, defensive prospect, and 2013 second rounder for Simmonds and Coutourier

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Schroeder Kesler Simmonds
Higgins Coutourier Hanson
Weise Lappy Kassian

#21 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

So far today on DCD i've learned that trading kesler mean blowing up the team.

The problem with the canucks and their fans is that they are afraid of losing. You can see it in the play especially when they have the lead. How many loses have the canucks lot a lead in, I'm guessing but I'd say about 6 of 9. You can see it in the fans when a person suggests trading a core player, which equals everyone on the roster besides ballard raymond and weise.

But lets see, the canucks played better hockey without kesler in the line up, better hockey without booth in the lineup. But the reality is Kesler is the better player. Booth brings energy but not a whole lot more for how much he is being paid.

Booth, Raymond, defensive prospect, and 2013 second rounder for Simmonds and Coutourier

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Schroeder Kesler Simmonds
Higgins Coutourier Hanson
Weise Lappy Kassian

No way they trade two of their key players for two guys we don't want...

simmonds of booth and raymond might not even get them to pick up
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#22 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Well, we do give up two centers for a good center and a winger. :)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.