The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van - Phi (BLOCKBUSTER)

Trebreh

Lets face it, the Canucks window is starting to close, we dont have much in the farm to replace the Sedins who probably has 2-3 more productive years left. The #1 center position is the most important positon in hockey, if we dont get one to replace Henrik, we end up like Calgary. So that being said, here is my proposal. B)

To Van:

Sean Couturier

Matt Read (UFA)

To Phi:

Ryan Kesler

Jordan Schroeder

Sauve/Connaughton/Polasek

----

The Flyers are in win now mode, Holmgren have always liked Kesler, he fits the Flyers flashy in your face style of play. I think the fans would love him there.

There is a log jam in the forward position for the Flyers, Read is a UFA and will probably look for a raise. JS is still on ELC and could replace Read.

----

The Canucks still remain competitive with this trade but if we do not win the playoffs, it puts us in a good position because we've acquired some good young players for the future.

We get a big young promising center in Couturier who i believe can take the #1 center once the Sedins retire.

Matt Read is a RW, something we lack but could also play center and is a good defensive forward who could replace Raymond next season.

----

What do you guys think? we overpay or they overpay? fair deal?

----

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Couturier - Booth

Raymond - Read- Hansen

Higgins - Lappiere - Weise

Whats with this 'massive' overpayment talk? You're not going to get Couturier off Philly without one of Kesler or Edler in the package.

Anyone who thinks we can package JS+Rodin or whoever is going to get us a bluechip prospect and a potential #1 center is delusional.

I like Jordan Schroeder as much as the next guy, but I dont see a long term future with him on the Canucks.

Kesler's ego is getting bigger every year and his relationship with AV is not on the best of terms anymore either.

We clear 5m of cap space which opens up alot of options, we can trade or sign a top 6 forward while Couturier is still on ELC.

It sets the team for the future and get some size in the top 6.

No! Just No.......... You do not TRADE Kesler. He plays with so much heart and once he is back to his normal (non diving) form he will go into beast mode and will bring us to glory.

Jordan Schroeder is young and has a lot of potential it makes no sense for the Canucks to trade him and Kes away to get another young player. Just NO. :picard:

No! Just No.......... You do not TRADE Kesler. He plays with so much heart and once he is back to his normal (non diving) form he will go into beast mode and will bring us to glory.

Jordan Schroeder is young and has a lot of potential it makes no sense for the Canucks to trade him and Kes away to get another young player. Just NO. :picard:

Lets face it, the Canucks window is starting to close, we dont have much in the farm to replace the Sedins who probably has 2-3 more productive years left. The #1 center position is the most important positon in hockey, if we dont get one to replace Henrik, we end up like Calgary. So that being said, here is my proposal. B)

To Van:

Sean Couturier

Matt Read (UFA)

To Phi:

Ryan Kesler

Jordan Schroeder

Sauve/Connaughton/Polasek

----

The Flyers are in win now mode, Holmgren have always liked Kesler, he fits the Flyers flashy in your face style of play. I think the fans would love him there.

There is a log jam in the forward position for the Flyers, Read is a UFA and will probably look for a raise. JS is still on ELC and could replace Read.

----

The Canucks still remain competitive with this trade but if we do not win the playoffs, it puts us in a good position because we've acquired some good young players for the future.

We get a big young promising center in Couturier who i believe can take the #1 center once the Sedins retire.

Matt Read is a RW, something we lack but could also play center and is a good defensive forward who could replace Raymond next season.

----

What do you guys think? we overpay or they overpay? fair deal?

----

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Couturier - Booth

Raymond - Read- Hansen

Higgins - Lappiere - Weise

I like the idea of trading Kesler- the guy needs to revamp how he sees himself- he has not been very effective for a while and he seems to just get the puck, put his head down and skate into someone or send a wrister off someone's stick out of bounds.

Read is not a centerman, so why are you putting him there dude? Plying center is a whole different game.

In your proposal you are giving up two centerman, so you would have to get 2 centermen back or make a second trade to get a solid third line center, which is not easy.

Kesler is a selke winner, so that is his ceiling...do we see couturier as a selke winner? if not than one would have to add more.

Kesler

2014 first

Ballard

for

Schenn Brothers

Great trade

Whats with this 'massive' overpayment talk? You're not going to get Couturier off Philly without one of Kesler or Edler in the package.

Anyone who thinks we can package JS+Rodin or whoever is going to get us a bluechip prospect and a potential #1 center is delusional.

I like Jordan Schroeder as much as the next guy, but I dont see a long term future with him on the Canucks.

Kesler's ego is getting bigger every year and his relationship with AV is not on the best of terms anymore either.

We clear 5m of cap space which opens up alot of options, we can trade or sign a top 6 forward while Couturier is still on ELC.

It sets the team for the future and get some size in the top 6.

I like where your heading but I'd rater see somthing like this.

To van:

Coturrier

Simmonds

To philly:

Kessler

Higgins

Canaughton

I know I spelled his name wrong. Anyways I think kessles in decline and we need to trade up while he's at top value. Simmonds is an obviously an upgrade on higgins and the flyers need d depth. Any thoughts I'd also do talbot for raymond for the cup run.

So far today on DCD i've learned that trading kesler mean blowing up the team.

The problem with the canucks and their fans is that they are afraid of losing. You can see it in the play especially when they have the lead. How many loses have the canucks lot a lead in, I'm guessing but I'd say about 6 of 9. You can see it in the fans when a person suggests trading a core player, which equals everyone on the roster besides ballard raymond and weise.

But lets see, the canucks played better hockey without kesler in the line up, better hockey without booth in the lineup. But the reality is Kesler is the better player. Booth brings energy but not a whole lot more for how much he is being paid.

Booth, Raymond, defensive prospect, and 2013 second rounder for Simmonds and Coutourier

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Schroeder Kesler Simmonds

Higgins Coutourier Hanson

Weise Lappy Kassian

Archived