The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Minor Hockey Coach who Tripped Opposing Players -15 Days and 1 Year Probation

Wetcoaster

Not defending the coach, as he should have known better. Just a bonehead move on his part.

Now that that's out of the way, his punishment should have simply been a lifetime ban from coaching. He has certainly been punished enough as it is, that this would have been enough. The guy is already suffering financially because of his business, due to the incident, and his wife "supposedly" left him because of this incident. Just my opinion.

Also, if his wife left him because of this, then good for him. he deserves better than that. My wife and I have gone through our share of downs in our 9 year marriage, but we always work through it. Your marriage deserves a better effort. I'm inclined to believe that there was more going on, and this was just the tipping point for her. If not, she's an awful person.

Not defending the coach, as he should have known better. Just a bonehead move on his part.

Now that that's out of the way, his punishment should have simply been a lifetime ban from coaching. He has certainly been punished enough as it is, that this would have been enough. The guy is already suffering financially because of his business, due to the incident, and his wife "supposedly" left him because of this incident. Just my opinion.

Also, if his wife left him because of this, then good for him. he deserves better than that. My wife and I have gone through our share of downs in our 9 year marriage, but we always work through it. Your marriage deserves a better effort. I'm inclined to believe that there was more going on, and this was just the tipping point for her. If not, she's an awful person.

I believe he had a bit of a history and was already on probation for assault. So, obviously, a strong message needed to be sent, especially in light of the fact that the last incident involved a minor. Absolutely deplorable when those entrusted as role models and mentors for our kids get it so horribly wrong.

I believe he had a bit of a history and was already on probation for assault. So, obviously, a strong message needed to be sent, especially in light of the fact that the last incident involved a minor. Absolutely deplorable when those entrusted as role models and mentors for our kids get it so horribly wrong.

What if my aunt had balls? I guess she'd be my uncle then.

It's amazing how things have changed, and I'm only 30. Not saying that what the coach did was acceptable, because he was absolutely wrong. I just remember when I was growing up at 13 years old, having a coach spit on me when shaking hands. Things sure were different (and wrong) back then. My response was simple. I hacked him in the back of the leg with my goalie stick and punched his son with my blocker. No penalties for either side involved.I can understand why people take these things more seriously then they did back then, as they should. The fear is, rightfully so, that these young kids will grow up mistreating those around them. I was never a violent kid, never did anything off the ice. So my incident(s) never left the rink. But that is not to say that they won't.

That wasn't me saying in any way, shape, or form that I think it was acceptable, or that it was acceptable when I was a kid. What I'm saying is that nothing came from it when it did happen. No lawsuits, coaches losing their jobs, etc, etc, etc.Use your brain.

That wasn't me saying in any way, shape, or form that I think it was acceptable, or that it was acceptable when I was a kid. What I'm saying is that nothing came from it when it did happen. No lawsuits, coaches losing their jobs, etc, etc, etc.Use your brain.

Archived