87 replies to this topic

#61 mau5trap

mau5trap

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

If you go to Sabres.com you guys will get a kick out of watching Cody's goal from tonight. Off of a Tampa Bay player's stick then off of the goalie's back.

It was actually off Sami Salo.

We all know Sami was just hooking up his otha brotha with an easy goal.

Posted Image

#62 j3ff

j3ff

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

"My own kind" is bitching about everything and anything right now. Our defense keeps underachieving, not our 1st front line.

How are you sabre's fans reacting to the Lindy Ruff firing, SabreFan1? I guess its a bit premature to judge since they haven't hired a replacement yet have they..?

#63 SabreFan1

SabreFan1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

How are you sabre's fans reacting to the Lindy Ruff firing, SabreFan1? I guess its a bit premature to judge since they haven't hired a replacement yet have they..?

It's depressing, but we all knew that his time in Buffalo needed to come to an end. Rolston is our interim head coach for now. They aren't letting our GM pick a new coach. Whoever picks Ruff up will have one heck of a great coach.

Darcy Regier is mostly responsible for the lousy team that we have right now. Even if the Sabres somehow squeak into the playoffs, I think Regier is getting fired. The Sabres will be one and done if they do get in.

connormcdavid-small.jpg 

The Buffalo Sabres Choose With The First Pick In The 2015 NHL Draft.....

http://media.wgr550....51918/embed.htm

#64 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:32 AM

Yeah but Kassian is more gritty, has more energy, and actually wants to play here. Funny thing is Cody could have had that second line center spot while Kesler was injured, but hey. If he's happy playing for last place Buffalo more power to him. I jsut hope his daddy doesn't start complaining....

Kassian won't want to play here much longer playing 6 minutes a night

#65 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

It's funny how people dismiss Hodgson's success by saying he's playing with better players and/or his +/- is crappy.

Kassian played with the Sedins for a while, then with Kesler and had time on the PP. He's currently a bottom-6 because of his poor play. As for his +/-, Kassian is currently at -4, so that's nothing to write home about.

MG mismanaged Hodgson as an asset, there's nothing wrong about that fact.

#66 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:32 AM

Just let it go.. he didn't want to be here.

Kassian is a better fit for this team going forward, and we've had Schroeder step up too. These two are still young players and should continue to improve. Kassian was having success when put on the top line as well.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#67 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:16 AM

You don't even need to troll about Hodgson. Just say something positive about him and many on this board spaz out as if he burned down their house on something.

#68 mikeburn

mikeburn

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

8 goals 8 assists -5. The Sabres defense has been horrid this year. His +/- isn't his fault.

Hodgson actually ended the night at 8 goals and 9 assists, and -4 on the season. At a guess, you responded to the earlier post before he'd assisted on the game winner tonight.

I'd almost disagree with the +/- being "his fault" though... I've watched every Sabres game, and too often earlier on (say the first 12-15 games?) I would cringed whenever the Sabres where hemmed in their d zone and Hodgson was on the ice - cringed because he'd be just hanging there, seemingly lost, not covering his man, like begging for a goal against to unfold. It would not be surprising for a goal against to occur with him on the ice by timing fluke (ie: he'd have had nothing to do with a bad goal against, having just stepped onto the ice), or to occur with him standing lost in his d zone slot.

But the last 5-8 games have been notably different. Not only has Hodgson been more active in the d zone coverage and going into the scrums (as you noted earlier in this thread), but his faceoffs have improved dramatically, he's turning over pucks in the o zone reliably (ie: keeping the puck on the attack), and he's often enough the first forward back on the backchecking too.

I dunno much about the Sabres history with its former coach Ruff and how he normally dealt with newbs (I've read comments to the effect Ruff wasn't much good with rookies, ie: Kassian), but from what I can tell he was great for Hodgson in a way AV is simply not with Canuck rookies.

Since the trade, it's been claimed (by MG) that Hodgson was put into offensive only situations to up his trade value (guess MG thinks it's wise to give the message to other GMs that Canucks mgmt actively work to scam trading partners?), and ice-time stats prove that the coach certainly didn't think to develop Hodgson's two-way game (ie: he was used on the PK, etc.).

Comparably, under Ruff, Hodgson was not so-called "protected" from developing, but actually obliged to develop as an all around player. This seems to be holding true under Rolston as well...

Average joe Canuck fan has claimed Hodgson is only getting points because of Vanek (read the threads here), but anyone actually watching the games and looking at the stats can see a much larger picture and realize this kid is truly developing now...

Faceoffs - Hodgson has drawn by far the largest number of face-offs than any other Sabre (double or more than other centers on the team), in ALL zones, not merely the o-zone to "protect" him. And sure, he wasn't so good earlier on in the season, but with the chance to develop through genuine learning and experience, he has become increasingly better, arguably leading all centers (Ennis still has a better 57.0% but only has 172 draws and has been decreasing in competency while Hodgson has been steadily improving to 46.4% after 364 draws).

Penalty Kill - Unlike AV, Ruff (and since the coach change, Rolston) has actually used Hodgson on the PK, often enough on the 1st unit. And again, start of the season Hodgson looked newb but has developed quickly to the point he simply does not look out of place. Canuck "fans" call him a defensive liability, but don't seem to realize that he was (and is) a kid still in a learning curve - and now has a coach who is willing to give him the ice time needed to learn. Unlike during his Canuck tenure, as a Sabre Hodgson has had a chance to actually develop his two-way game. And it is developing.

Power-Play - Hodgson is only on the 2nd power play unit (like the Canucks, Sabres swap around players for the special teams), meaning he gets rather limited PP minutes, and also meaning that his point totals are not in any way inflated with the man advantage (unlike, say, the Sedins, Kesler, etc.).

Compare Hodgson's points (on a struggling offensive team at that) with what others have drummed up so far this season:

Hodgson: 8 goals, 9 assists, 17 points, ALL even strength
Vanek: 18 even strength points
Pomminville: 11 even strength points
Sedin, H & Sedin, D: 13 even strength points

Compare with average ice times:

Hodgson: 14:55 (ES), 1:39 (SH), 2:22 (PP)
Vanek: 15:09 (ES), 0:19 (SH), 3:55 (PP)
Pomminville: 14:54 (ES), 2:06 (ES), 3:43 (PP)
Sedin, H: 15:37 (ES), 0:03 (SH), 4:19 (PP)
Sedin, D: 14:39 (ES), 0:02 (SH), 4:17 (PP)

A quick look shows that Hodgson (and Pomminville) is being put to balanced use on the Sabres, being put into all sorts of situations and game circumstances, and the kid is showing good for the learning curve. He's averaging more-or-less what the Sedins are, and against top d pairings like the Sedins, but he is not getting the Sedin power-play time, and he is being used on the penalty kill while Sedins aren't taxed with that responsibility.

Point out (to Canuck "fans" who have fallen for the MG & AV's storyline about Hodgson) that the kid actually has more points than ANY Canuck (other than the Sedins) and more goals (including the Sedins), and the response will be something to the effect that Hodgson is only riding on Vanek's accomplishments. But a closer look shows that Vanek and Hodgson only share the ice at ES, and both are sitting at 18 and 17 ES points respectively (far ahead of the next best, Pomminville, at 11 ES points) - Hodgson and Vanek riding each others coat tails, just like Henrik and Daniel. In fact, Hodgson & Vanek have produced more together at ES this year than the Sedins, who have been playing together since toddlers. So what's the dissing against Hodgson about exactly? Makes no sense.

Hodgson has been on the 1st line, going up against the best lines and d pairings of oppposing teams, he's been taxed to play a significant defensive role, and does not get the best power-play opportunity, and yet he's produced more that the Canucks best players (Sedins), and still there is the constant bashing of this kid? Go figure.

#69 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

Cody is playing well because he is getting top 6 minutes. Fact is, he wouldn't crack the top 6 at all now that Kesler is back. He'd have a couple of goals and a few assists if he was still here. Great trade for both teams

You reckon?...........I'm not so sure.
I don't miss him, I'm just saying Hodgson centring Kesler and Booth/Higgins just now might not be too shabby.
Kevin.jpg

#70 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

We keep clamoring on about how Kesler doesn't pass and that he can be bumped to winger if we get a playmaking and offensively gifted center.

well...

#71 Tokasmoka

Tokasmoka

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Blame Kesler the prick and AV the dumbass for him wanting out. Then blame GMMG for making a ill timed trade but don't blame the kid or bring his dad into it. I'd want out too if I were in his shoes and I was born here. Take off the homer glasses people and take a hard look at this franchise, its a joke from the suit wearing fanbase to the gum chewing 'its a process' coach.

Seriously this kid pots 2 points last night while Kass gets 6min of icetime and yet you guys still blame his dad??? Bad trade at a bad time.

#72 Tokasmoka

Tokasmoka

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Hodgson actually ended the night at 8 goals and 9 assists, and -4 on the season. At a guess, you responded to the earlier post before he'd assisted on the game winner tonight.

I'd almost disagree with the +/- being "his fault" though... I've watched every Sabres game, and too often earlier on (say the first 12-15 games?) I would cringed whenever the Sabres where hemmed in their d zone and Hodgson was on the ice - cringed because he'd be just hanging there, seemingly lost, not covering his man, like begging for a goal against to unfold. It would not be surprising for a goal against to occur with him on the ice by timing fluke (ie: he'd have had nothing to do with a bad goal against, having just stepped onto the ice), or to occur with him standing lost in his d zone slot.

But the last 5-8 games have been notably different. Not only has Hodgson been more active in the d zone coverage and going into the scrums (as you noted earlier in this thread), but his faceoffs have improved dramatically, he's turning over pucks in the o zone reliably (ie: keeping the puck on the attack), and he's often enough the first forward back on the backchecking too.

I dunno much about the Sabres history with its former coach Ruff and how he normally dealt with newbs (I've read comments to the effect Ruff wasn't much good with rookies, ie: Kassian), but from what I can tell he was great for Hodgson in a way AV is simply not with Canuck rookies.

Since the trade, it's been claimed (by MG) that Hodgson was put into offensive only situations to up his trade value (guess MG thinks it's wise to give the message to other GMs that Canucks mgmt actively work to scam trading partners?), and ice-time stats prove that the coach certainly didn't think to develop Hodgson's two-way game (ie: he was used on the PK, etc.).

Comparably, under Ruff, Hodgson was not so-called "protected" from developing, but actually obliged to develop as an all around player. This seems to be holding true under Rolston as well...

Average joe Canuck fan has claimed Hodgson is only getting points because of Vanek (read the threads here), but anyone actually watching the games and looking at the stats can see a much larger picture and realize this kid is truly developing now...

Faceoffs - Hodgson has drawn by far the largest number of face-offs than any other Sabre (double or more than other centers on the team), in ALL zones, not merely the o-zone to "protect" him. And sure, he wasn't so good earlier on in the season, but with the  chance to develop through genuine learning and experience, he has become increasingly better, arguably leading all centers (Ennis still has a better 57.0% but only has 172 draws and has been decreasing in competency while Hodgson has been steadily improving to 46.4% after 364 draws).

Penalty Kill - Unlike AV, Ruff (and since the coach change, Rolston) has actually used Hodgson on the PK, often enough on the 1st unit. And again, start of the season Hodgson looked newb but has developed quickly to the point he simply does not look out of place. Canuck "fans" call him a defensive liability, but don't seem to realize that he was (and is) a kid still in a learning curve - and now has a coach who is willing to give him the ice time needed to learn. Unlike during his Canuck tenure, as a Sabre Hodgson has had a chance to actually develop his two-way game. And it is developing.

Power-Play - Hodgson is only on the 2nd power play unit (like the Canucks, Sabres swap around players for the special teams), meaning he gets rather limited PP minutes, and also meaning that his point totals are not in any way inflated with the man advantage (unlike, say, the Sedins, Kesler, etc.).

Compare Hodgson's points (on a struggling offensive team at that) with what others have drummed up so far this season:

Hodgson: 8 goals, 9 assists, 17 points, ALL even strength
Vanek: 18 even strength points
Pomminville: 11 even strength points
Sedin, H & Sedin, D: 13 even strength points

Compare with average ice times:

Hodgson: 14:55 (ES), 1:39 (SH), 2:22 (PP)
Vanek: 15:09 (ES), 0:19 (SH), 3:55 (PP)
Pomminville: 14:54 (ES), 2:06 (ES), 3:43 (PP)
Sedin, H: 15:37 (ES), 0:03 (SH), 4:19 (PP)
Sedin, D: 14:39 (ES), 0:02 (SH), 4:17 (PP)

A quick look shows that Hodgson (and Pomminville) is being put to balanced use on the Sabres, being put into all sorts of situations and game circumstances, and the kid is showing good for the learning curve. He's averaging more-or-less what the Sedins are, and against top d pairings like the Sedins, but he is not getting the Sedin power-play time, and he is being used on the penalty kill while Sedins aren't taxed with that responsibility.

Point out (to Canuck "fans" who have fallen for the MG & AV's storyline about Hodgson) that the kid actually has more points than ANY Canuck (other than the Sedins) and more goals (including the Sedins), and the response will be something to the effect that Hodgson is only riding on Vanek's accomplishments. But a closer look shows that Vanek and Hodgson only share the ice at ES, and both are sitting at 18 and 17 ES points respectively (far ahead of the next best, Pomminville, at 11 ES points) - Hodgson and Vanek riding each others coat tails, just like Henrik and Daniel. In fact, Hodgson & Vanek have produced more together at ES this year than the Sedins, who have been playing together since toddlers. So what's the dissing against Hodgson about exactly? Makes no sense.

Hodgson has been on the 1st line, going up against the best lines and d pairings of oppposing teams, he's been taxed to play a significant defensive role, and does not get the best power-play opportunity, and yet he's produced more that the Canucks best players (Sedins), and still there is the constant bashing of this kid? Go figure.

Good post.

#73 Lucic17

Lucic17

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Cody is riding on the coat tails of Vanek & Pommenville. Those 2 are making him look good

#74 mikeburn

mikeburn

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Cody is riding on the coat tails of Vanek & Pommenville. Those 2 are making him look good

LOL! Sorta like Henrik merely rides on Daniel's coattails huh? So like, Daniel just makes Henrik look good? Or is that Daniel who sucks and Henrik who makes him look good?

So Vanek and Hodgson (who only play together at even strength) have 18 and 17 ES points respectively, but you figure it's Hodgson riding on Vanek's coattails, rather than say, I dunno... they happen to fed off each other like good linemates (ie: the Sedins) usually do?

Does that mean you also figure that if Hodgson assists on Vanek's goal, then Vanek is just making the kid look good, and if Vanek assists on Hodgson's goal, then Vanek is still merely making Hodgson look good? So whatever Hodgson does, it's really only Vanek making him look good? Poor Vanek, having to play both center and wing at the same time!

And if it's Hodgson riding Pomminville's coattails, how do you explain the fact Hodgson has 17 even strength points compared to Pomminville's 11 even strength points?

How do you explain Hodgson's steadily improving faceoff percentage, drawing more than double any other Sabres forward - do you think it's Vanek or Pomminville holding his stick for him in the dot?

Vanek and Pomminville have gone on record saying they have found good chemistry with Hodgson, both the former and current coaches appear to agree (seeing how the line has stuck together 20 games thus far), and even the numbers evidence a trio who are each contributing to the line's success, feeding off each other as should be expected if there's some chemistry.

But hey, if you're right and Hodgson is merely riding the coattails of others, then I guess Vanek and Pomminville are lying, the Sabres coaching staff are conspiring for some nefarious purpose, and the NHL stats database has been hacked. ;-)

#75 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

Trading Hodgson is going down as one of the worst trades for us. At least I can see the truth of that. We never did learn from Neely...

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#76 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

FML everything about this trade has gone horribly wrong.

#77 mikeburn

mikeburn

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

Guess you're also missing today's Buffalo game -

Vanek out, so there is Hodgson leading the way as of the end of the 2nd period... no power play time yet (Sabres D is doing a good job of killing power play opportunities by taking penalties before Sabres can even ice it's second PP unit), but enough PENALTY KILL time for Hodgson to outrace the opposing D, dig in the corner and slice a great tape-to-tape pass for Pominville to have an easy one-timer.

Sadly, there will always be disgruntled Canuck fans who figure that Hodgson is only just riding the coattails of Vanek (who ain't even playing today) and Pominville (who Hodgson has set up several times again today), that he's a defensive liability - despite being a go-to guy on the penalty kill now and, yet again, leading all Sabres in faceoff draws (15 compared to next at 10) and wins (60%).

With any luck, the Canucks mgmt will start helping Kassian to develop like the Sabres have supported Hodgson's progression.

#78 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,930 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

Hilarious. Who else could be refered to as "He" in a thread title, and nevertheless we all know who and what (drama) the OP is talking about?

cody is doing great. dont listen to the people who think kassian is this super awesome player. i do not know why they never tried cody at centre with kesler on the wing.

cause that's a dumbass idea, that's why. you don't move Kesler to the wing to accommodate a kid who can't handle the defensive aspects of being a center, isn't as good down low behind his own net, isn't as physical, doesn't skate as well.... Hodgson should be moved to wing - it may actually make a better player of him.

8 goals 8 assists -5. The Sabres defense has been horrid this year. His +/- isn't his fault.

keep telling yourself that.
Anyway, glad you like him.
I like Kassian. He's a super awesome player.

Edited by oldnews, 02 March 2013 - 04:21 PM.

#79 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,080 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

If you had our team this year, would you post a lot about it?

so how has CH helped then? When your team sucks that badly, it doesn't make sense to draw attention to that fact

#80 Bossy

Bossy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

so how has CH helped then? When your team sucks that badly, it doesn't make sense to draw attention to that fact

One player makes a team good or bad amirite? Tavares is garbage for not making the playoffs his first few years in the league! Why would Islanders fans be happy about Tavares if he didn't help them make the playoffs! That is basically what you are saying, smarten up.

keep telling yourself that.
Anyway, glad you like him.
I like Kassian. He's a super awesome player.

So if Hodgson's -4 on a team with 7 + players is his fault, what does that mean for Kassian/Kesler's -4 on a team with 10+ players? Why are they such garbage in their own end? Why is Kassian such a defensive liability? He gets so little ice time you'd think the least he could do is not be a defensive liability, but nope he's getting scored on more than any one on the team!

#81 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

I apologize on the behalf of a reputable board members for this garbage.

Don't you post a picture of the Boston Bruins with the Stanley Cup every week?

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#82 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,930 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

One player makes a team good or bad amirite? Tavares is garbage for not making the playoffs his first few years in the league! Why would Islanders fans be happy about Tavares if he didn't help them make the playoffs! That is basically what you are saying, smarten up.

So if Hodgson's -4 on a team with 7 + players is his fault, what does that mean for Kassian/Kesler's -4 on a team with 10+ players? Why are they such garbage in their own end? Why is Kassian such a defensive liability? He gets so little ice time you'd think the least he could do is not be a defensive liability, but nope he's getting scored on more than any one on the team!

Kassian has been playing fourth line minutes - which means he's playing with Lapierre and Weise... he is bound to rack up some minuses, as every player who plays that role on the Canucks does. Malhotra's +/- was always extreme on the minus side - doesn't tell a whole lot about that player. If you heard the split stats for Kassian during the intermission of last game, he was a plus playing top 6, minus playing bottom six - pretty standard. That doesn't mean he's playing better hockey when in the top 6, just a different context. He also happens to be a rookie, so I'm not terribly concerned. Hodgson's role is quite different, he's playing with Vanek, and it's not a mystery to those of us who have watched him play - he needs a lot of work on his defensive game.
As for Kesler, imo he was a -4 because he was playing some uncharacteristically weak defensive hockey - I never saw him coast quite as much in the past as he did since coming back - of course, he's recovering and perhaps requested to avoid a great deal of grinding physical play, but he was far from impressive in his own end.

Edited by oldnews, 02 March 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#83 heysoulsisters21

heysoulsisters21

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

mg is still one of the best

#84 Bossy

Bossy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

Kassian has been playing fourth line minutes - which means he's playing with Lapierre and Weise... he is bound to rack up some minuses, as every player who plays that role on the Canucks does. Malhotra's +/- was always extreme on the minus side - doesn't tell a whole lot about that player. If you heard the split stats for Kassian during the intermission of last game, he was a plus playing top 6, minus playing bottom six - pretty standard. That doesn't mean he's playing better hockey when in the top 6, just a different context. He also happens to be a rookie, so I'm not terribly concerned. Hodgson's role is quite different, he's playing with Vanek, and it's not a mystery to those of us who have watched him play - he needs a lot of work on his defensive game.
As for Kesler, imo he was a -4 because he was playing some uncharacteristically weak defensive hockey - I never saw him coast quite as much in the past as he did since coming back - of course, he's recovering and perhaps requested to avoid a great deal of grinding physical play, but he was far from impressive in his own end.

Keep telling yourself that.

#85 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

Aren't you a Sabres fan?
Posted Image

#86 SabreFan1

SabreFan1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

I really don't worry much about this anymore. I've apologized for making this thread several times already.

Cody is now up to 8 goals and 11 assists in 22 games. All I was trying to say is that I'm excited to have him on the Sabres and that I'm surprised MG ended up letting him go instead of telling AV to give him more playing time. His skating has gotten much better and he is even doing well defending plays his own zone. His minus rating is mostly due to the Sabres defense which is sucking big time this year.

I'm delighted that Kass is kicking ass and taking names for the 'Nucks. Big Kass is a stand-up guy who gives everything he has. His only problem is that he is very streaky. Give him a couple more years to see how his offensive play develops. AV is a complete dumbass for sticking Kass on the fourth line. He deserves to play and develop on at least the third line.

Complain, get mad at me, do whatever makes some of you happy. I meant no offense to anybody. I was just striking up a conversation. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by SabreFan1, 02 March 2013 - 10:58 PM.

connormcdavid-small.jpg 

The Buffalo Sabres Choose With The First Pick In The 2015 NHL Draft.....

http://media.wgr550....51918/embed.htm

#87 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

You take an apology very well I see.

He was talking about himself not you, must have had a Tourette's moment

#88 Discord

Discord

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,811 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

I'm glad Cody's working out for you guys. Zack was doing just fine until Vigs demoted him

lbhb9.jpg

Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain, you guys! CHOCOLATE RAIN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.