The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Coyotes 4-2 Canucks

JE14

Lindy ****ing Ruff

I'm tired of AV's crap.

This team gets embaressed and then we come back and come out flat again, never gets this team motivated to play, never gets this team prepared, makes the dumbest ****ing line-up decisions (Its clear putting 2 3rd liners with Kesler isn't ****ing working, why don't you ****ing make a god damn adjustment so Kesler can have someone to play with who won't constantly chip and chase and grind away)

Uggh I'm just done with his crap, him and these refs are the death of this team.

Would take any of them over AV anyday.

Quinn and Ruff especially. Those guys can motivate players and gets teams ready to play.

Lol rather than call us all morons, I would love to hear a logical explanation from one of you AV supporters as to why he should remain the head coach of this club, every one that wants him gone, provides reasons, it would be nice for the opposite side of the debate to do the same rather than just trashing everyone who can see reality.

Watching those post-game interviews I really notice the disconnect.

Hank says they played well.

Kes says it was one of their best 60 minute efforts this year (WTF?!!!) Then Garrison (the new guy) , says they have to get back to basics and find a way to play a full 60 minute game.

I'm starting to wonder if the old guard are just completely out of touch with how they used to play the game. Only the new guys sees how pathetic the effort is.

EDIT - It seems that every game they are talking about how the other team plays and how they have to adjust their game to compete. Hank touched on it tonight about how they can't play their style of hockey or "fan" hockey (stick handling etc) against a team like Phoenix.

When I listen to Chicago talk about preparing, they play their game and make the other team adjust. THey push the pace against teams like Phoenix and make them chase the puck, resulting in them breaking down the defensive shell and geting scoring chances.

THe Nucks used to set the pace for games or could change the pace when they needed to to catch up. They no longer appear to have the energy or ability/talent to do that.

Send Kassian back to the Wolves, id rather him get Top line minutes there than 4th line minutes here. Plus we really don't have anywhere else to put him. We would have to demote either Higgins Raymond Booth or Hansen to the 4th for Kass to get promoted with a healthy forward roster. Call him up when a forward gets hurt.

Who has outplayed Kassian other than the Sedins and Burrows the last couple games.

When 90% of the team is playing poorly, it's unfair to single out a 2nd year player. He's not at the stage where he can carry a line. He needs other players to be rolling to help him out. No one on this team is rolling right now.

Kassian needs to be on the second line with Raymond and Kesler. At least him and Raymond can pass and set up Kesler.

I would try this next game:

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Raymond Kesler Kassian

Higgins Schroeder Booth (the new AMEX)

Volpatti Lapierre Hansen

Who has outplayed Kassian other than the Sedins and Burrows the last couple games.

When 90% of the team is playing poorly, it's unfair to single out a 2nd year player. He's not at the stage where he can carry a line. He needs other players to be rolling to help him out. No one on this team is rolling right now.

Kassian needs to be on the second line with Raymond and Kesler. At least him and Raymond can pass and set up Kesler.

I would try this next game:

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Raymond Kesler Kassian

Higgins Schroeder Booth (the new AMEX)

Volpatti Lapierre Hansen

It is quite obvious that AV's best before date has expired. Edler and Kesler are recovering from injuries. Booth has never proved himself worthy at all as a Canuck. Ballard and Garrison are trying, but both have still to prove themselves as worthy Canucks.

Raymond is a light weight who could thrive on the right team, but not here.

At this point a coaching change is warranted. Pat Quinn would be the perfect choice. He isn't a permanent solution, but he would

get the best performance out of the team this year.

Trading either Louongo or Schneider for a young top six forward is essential.

Making the playoffs is doubtful despite having the best goaltending in the league. That is reality!!

Would take any of them over AV anyday.

Quinn and Ruff especially. Those guys can motivate players and gets teams ready to play.

Lol rather than call us all morons, I would love to hear a logical explanation from one of you AV supporters as to why he should remain the head coach of this club, every one that wants him gone, provides reasons, it would be nice for the opposite side of the debate to do the same rather than just trashing everyone who can see reality.

It is quite obvious that AV's best before date has expired. Edler and Kesler are recovering from injuries. Booth has never proved himself worthy at all as a Canuck. Ballard and Garrison are trying, but both have still to prove themselves as worthy Canucks.

Raymond is a light weight who could thrive on the right team, but not here.

At this point a coaching change is warranted. Pat Quinn would be the perfect choice. He isn't a permanent solution, but he would

get the best performance out of the team this year.

Trading either Louongo or Schneider for a young top six forward is essential.

Making the playoffs is doubtful despite having the best goaltending in the league. That is reality!!

Anyone else catch what AV said right after that 3rd goal? Looks like he might finally be fed up with poor play and might actually do something about it.

Or I might just be getting my hopes up a little too much. Canucks haven't been fun to watch almost all season. We need to see them play with intensity.

Booth is a pretty similar player to Raymond. I see him and Schroeder being able to form some chemistry. And Higgins and Booth have played well together in the past.

Raymond has been one of our top players in the first part of the season. I would lean on him to help get Kesler going, cause I don't think Higgins and Hansen are the answer for that. These guys are not second line players, they're good third line players.

As for Hansen on the fourth line, he's gotta get hungry again. I see him skating around alot, but not with a whole lot of purpose lately. Him and Higgins can fight it out for the third line spot. Either way, a good player is going to end up having to play on the fourth line.

Didn't know pointing out the truth is pessimism.

Would you rather me come on with my head up my *** and act like everything is all hunky dory and like we are slam dunks for the cup this year?

I want a cup badly, fans have waited a long time, to me this is one of, if not the best team we have had, this is a golden opportunity at a cup, and I want every chance to grab it.

When you see the same problems being repeated for a year and a half without change, I think it is fair to be frustrated.

When I said "I'm done" I didn't mean I would leave, more than I was extremely frustrated that we continue to sit here and not make changes, but I can see how you can take it that way.

I think we would be willing to trade alot of players if they make us better and increase our chances at a cup, but really it is tough to get the right fit in a trade, I like our team, we just need to make changes and get these guys playing the way they can, thusfar AV has shown he isn't able to get this team to play up to there capabilites. This is a huge red flag for me, seeing as half the season is almost gone and we have a losing record against playoff competition.

I agree, no reason to blow this team up, the personel is good, we just need to get more energy, more intensity and more focus, we need to make better decisions and make some neccisary changes.

At the very least if we don't fire AV, atleast bring someone else in to replace Bowness and/or Brown.

Archived