The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Coyotes 4-2 Canucks

JE14

Can't wait for Seattle to get a team, This Canuck team plays too soft. A tougher team or a team with more grit and same speed will usually beat this team. Same old story. Always the Bridesmaid. I need a change.

Once Sedin got slashed , he was never in the game after that. They can cycle all they want but there is no one in front of the goalie anyway. The Sedins have tons of chances at the top of the faceoff circle and never take a shot because none can plant themselves in front. Burrows is too small and Kassian is too young.

Time for Gillis to do the right thing and make a trade, if even to shake things up..

Lets go the Seattle Whatevers.

Anyone else catch what AV said right after that 3rd goal? Looks like he might finally be fed up with poor play and might actually do something about it.

Or I might just be getting my hopes up a little too much. Canucks haven't been fun to watch almost all season. We need to see them play with intensity.

Can't wait for Seattle to get a team, This Canuck team plays too soft. A tougher team or a team with more grit and same speed will usually beat this team. Same old story. Always the Bridesmaid. I need a change.

Once Sedin got slashed , he was never in the game after that. They can cycle all they want but there is no one in front of the goalie anyway. The Sedins have tons of chances at the top of the faceoff circle and never take a shot because none can plant themselves in front. Burrows is too small and Kassian is too young.

Time for Gillis to do the right thing and make a trade, if even to shake things up..

Lets go the Seattle Whatevers.

I really think this is the what happens to this team when you take away a lethal powerplay.

This team has always gotten confidence from its powerplay. It's what has allowed us to dominate and get those one or two extra goals to put us over the top.

But now the word is out, and the refs aren't giving the Canucks the benefit of the doubt with tripping calls. Not that it would matter cause our PP has been very weak.

If we don't get the PP going, this team will not be the same team. Maybe we should look into getting Whitney from Edmonton. Somethings gotta give though.

We give you explanations but you idiots keep stamping your feet and yelling and crying. Every friggen loss it's the same AV screwed this AV should have called a timeout. We win the Presidents trophy and it's because of our offense we win a 2nd it's our goaltending.

He gets zero credit for our success and nearly 100% of the blame for our failure. Please tell us who is being illogical here...

I would hope so, but imo what made us so successful in 2011 was our work ethic, we out worked and out skated other teams and chances just came to us.

Right now we are not skating, we are blowing leads, and coming out very casually, our defense has been casual, and our urgency has been non existent for awhile now, who do you blame when the team is simply not working and skating hard enough? I think thats a coaching area, but some dont feel that should be blamed on the coach.

Post game av continues to give credit to the other team playing well whenever we loose, i hope he tells them in the back something different, if not i am not sure what message that sends, again tonight he gave credit post game to pheonix tight system, and checking, i just want him to say we need to be better and can be better then this, not just credit the winning team for playing well. Not everyone will feel that way.

He had the team working incredibly hard 2 seasons ago, i am just unsure if they are listening to him or he can adapt and get them back to that point.

We give you explanations but you idiots keep stamping your feet and yelling and crying. Every friggen loss it's the same AV screwed this AV should have called a timeout. We win the Presidents trophy and it's because of our offense we win a 2nd it's our goaltending.

He gets zero credit for our success and nearly 100% of the blame for our failure. Please tell us who is being illogical here...

Maybe this is the one-too-many beers talking right now but I feel like this is such a loser franchise. The Canucks have been in existance since 1970 with ZERO cups to show for all their time in the league. They just seem like they're in that group of teams with the Sharks and Capitals that will forever be losers.

"AV is dumb and crap," That's what you call truth? Disregarding the accomplishments he had the Canucks make, such as winning the Presidents', winning the Conference Cup, and consecutively having above-par seasons, is being truthful?

It is "fans/people" like you, who embarrass the Canuck fan base. When are you not frustrated with the Canucks? Do they, for you and your immaturity and impatience, need to go 82-0-0? Would you get frustrated, despite our excellent statistics and efforts, when we lose the Stanley Cup Finals? Would you get angry and troll then to the city?

Learn to think more rationally, considering the bright sides of your team and your team's coach.

He's tired of being an average goalie because he is not an average goalie? I dunno, it just seems like a humbler player wouldn't call himself out on just being average. He should just focus on playing the way he played last year, and not worry if its 'average' or not.

I just dont see it.

Last year we wont the presidents trophy due to goaltending. Thats a fact, this team was not playing well after the Boston game but Lu and Schneids carried us.

This simple fact of the matter, is this team has relied on goaltending to carry us in order to win the entire time through AV's tenure (aside from the majority of 10/11)

This team is too good to be relying on goaltending like we have, but it is unfortunate we continue too, if the goaltender doesn't have a great game, we lose. And that probability is even higher against non-divisional teams.

This team has feasted off a terribel division, like honestly, would this team be as good in the standings as we are right now without an easy division? The answer is no, would this team have won the PT last year without this divison? Likely not.

AV is a solid coach, not a great coach, but a solid one. But he isn't the right one for us, he is great for up and coming teams, but he isn't great for teams looking to break that final hurdle and grab a cup, cause when coaching is paramount, AV gets outcoached and really makes no changes.

Look at the jobs Paul MacLean, Pete DeBoer, Mike Babcock, exc. Are doing, now look at us. Feasting off a weak division and consistently dropping games to playoffs teams unless our goaltending is near perfect. Don't you get jealous? If we had a great coach that could motivate this team and make an impact when it is needed, this team would be the favorite for the cup IMO, but we don't have that.

Regardless of whether you are a AV supporter or a hater like me. It is clear this team hasn't been the same since January 12th last season, thats a year, I just don't see how we expect this team to magically preform like we did in 10/11 when we have been underachieveing and relying on goaltending to be perfect and carry us for a full year. I just don't get it.

A new voice is needed to me, we need to get discipline in our system, and bringing in a new coach like Ruff would give us that, it would get us re-energized and refocused. Thats what we need right now.

Would take any of them over AV anyday.

Quinn and Ruff especially. Those guys can motivate players and gets teams ready to play.

Lol rather than call us all morons, I would love to hear a logical explanation from one of you AV supporters as to why he should remain the head coach of this club, every one that wants him gone, provides reasons, it would be nice for the opposite side of the debate to do the same rather than just trashing everyone who can see reality.

Great post. Everything you said is factual. If you extrapolate our stats against non division teams, there is NO chance in hell that we win the presidents trophy.

The AV lovers are in complete denial. They keep saying AV is not the reason but then they dont suggest an alternative.

The people that want a new coach realize AV is a good coach. However we also realize that things can't remain status quo because it's quite evident that this current group with its coaching staff will not win the cup.

The people that defend AV have NO answer to the current solution. They just want things to remain as is but dont realize that means another early exit in the playoffs.

Archived