The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Coyotes 4-2 Canucks

JE14

Once again, AV completely outcoached by a better coach. The team couldnt beat the trap, AV was content on relying in his top line.

What does STL, Det, Chi, LA, Phx, all teams that have beaten us have in common? great coaches.

When AV goes head to head chess match with these guys we lose.

This team needs a shakeup fast. We're lucky we went on the game winning streak, or else were just over .500 team.

Maybe this is the one-too-many beers talking right now but I feel like this is such a loser franchise. The Canucks have been in existance since 1970 with ZERO cups to show for all their time in the league. They just seem like they're in that group of teams with the Sharks and Capitals that will forever be losers.

This isn't some Tim Hortons Pee Wee tournament where the coach talks about how "great" everyone played (after dropping 2 games in a row).

It doesn't matter which goalie we have and if they make spectacular saves or what a great defensive play he made or nice passing there or nice goal. It doesn't matter if you lose by 5 or 2 or even 1 goal.

All that matters is if you win, and it doesn't matter by how much.

Once again, AV completely outcoached by a better coach. The team couldnt beat the trap, AV was content on relying in his top line.

What does STL, Det, Chi, LA, Phx, all teams that have beaten us have in common? great coaches.

When AV goes head to head chess match with these guys we lose.

This team needs a shakeup fast. We're lucky we went on the game winning streak, or else were just over .500 team.

I just think this team needs a big shake up and change soon. If Gillis don't do something, I could see him and AV out of here this summer. Big change as in make a big a trade involving key players to change the face of this team.

I want to say I agree with those who believe in the Canucks, I believe in the Canucks too, even if my earlier post doesn't seem like it! We have to keep positive, but you have to be realistic too about which players are cutting the mustard and whose play needs to improve. This is a reslilient bunch, I believe in these guys, but they have to be better! And I think they will. Changes will be made and the team will improve! :towel:

I hope the fans and the GM can seriously be willing to let go of the core. If we ride this core into the ground, people have to realize we have no real prospects to fill the void right now. If we don't trade, it's going to be a nightmare here in a few years. I know people will say "be positive!" but can these people really tell me they think this core right now is capable of winning a cup? Kesler is a walking surgery waiting to happen, our defense is a nightmare and has been already for years, and the twins are getting older and we have no prospects or second line that can step up to start to fill the gap as they trail off.

I really just wish we could start getting ready for a rebuild before we end up a joke team that tried and failed and didn't get ready for the next fight. It was great being so successful but seriously, our time to win came and went. Outside of BOTH of our goalies, I don't think any aspect of our team is championship calibre. Not in a playoff series with teams that play harder, and better.

This reffing against us is almost always pathetic MG and the Canucks are obviously on the refs $hit list and always have been.

As far as fools talking about diving. It's no wonder why why a few Canucks sometimes embellish clear infractions it's because they would surely never get a call if the didn't!

For me another disappointing and concerning problem was how shabby Edler continues to look and he understandably had AV fuming at the bench after yet another brain cramp that may have cost us at least a point or a win tonight.

Edler had some very poor plays at the offensive line, missed on way too many passes, was too slow to retrieve pucks and made the obvious blunder on the Coyotes game winner.

Edler has got to turn his damn game around. He continues to kill us and i dread watching him come playoff time if he continues to perform like a clown like he did against LA and still continues to.

We are clearly missing Bieksa out there. Bieksa plays with heart, is a team leader and does a lot of little things right to lead the team in all zones and clearly the team misses him and the edge that he plays with.

Hopefully Bieksa's back by the weekend because i am going to the Flames game Sunday and our defense and team for that matter looks lost without him.

He's tired of being an average goalie because he is not an average goalie? I dunno, it just seems like a humbler player wouldn't call himself out on just being average. He should just focus on playing the way he played last year, and not worry if its 'average' or not.

Archived