The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

That LA game will either be the turning point or the reality

yete

Im looking forward to that LA game it could be just what the doctor ordered....

if the canucks come out and actually play a decent game....

so far this year I haven't seen a game were the canucks goalie has not bailed out the team...(other then the duck game)

I feel this game will be either the turning point which gets this team going or the reality of this team will be shown ......

Last Game against LA this year the Canuck's barely got through Luongo stood on his head if you recall...

simply put quit making the excuses AV your on thin ice

Can't wait for Saturday

Stop using the excuse that our team has played so many games in so many days. All of the teams are in the same boat this year with the condensed schedule. Don't think Boston or Chicago are using it as an excuse!

With the exception of a few players our team lack passion and determination. Those qualities come from the leadership on the ice, behind the bench and upstairs. Stand up for each other, knock someone on their butt and go to the net.

3 game home losing streak is pretty brutal, and a record below .500 against non-divisional opponents is disgusting.

If this team doesn't start winning games against good teams and scoring against good goalies then we might as well not even bother making the playoffs. New month, time to start fresh Canucks!

Well you're the one saying it's simple, I didn't. We have an award winning GM and the winningest coach in Canucks history and yet we have stagnated in SC terms

Do I need to remind you that we won the PT last year and bombed big time in the SC. Some would say, never got out the starting gate even. Do you really think we are on course for anything better as the team stands?

MG is not paid to be satisfied with PT wins. Let's face it MG reacts (well sometimes he doesn't act at all) he is not pro-active. This market doesn't want to hear about near signings and the ones that got away, hell we are one of the biggest markets in the NHL and we haven't won a SC yet. The fans are getting a bit tired of excuses.

Even if MG was being seen to get someone that another team wanted now and again it would help. We are too good/big to be constantly engaging in projects and rehabilitation cases.

I am NOT one of those people who expect to get something for nothing. I really don't care who he trades, if it will, in his judgement, sort the team out and make them more competitive when it counts........the SC. We are after all paying him to make these big decisions.

I would say at present (last 2/3 years) his performance has not been what I would expect of him.

I'm expecting we come out flat, with a weak goal somewhere the the floodgates will open ... Followed by boos.

AV s pressed will be stuff they did good and then chew on gum. Flips a coin who plays next game.

If MG wants to be super crazy hell fire the coaching staff and hire Ruff. Kassian then jumps up to the top line and Booth is benched.

This game is being blown out of proporation because of the circumstances right now. I always hate losing the game before a 3-5 day break like this. Couple that with the Kesler injury and I think everyone is feeling a little helpless and frustrated. Hopefully we see a refreshed, reenergized Canucks team against the Kings. Apparently the team had a players meeting this afternoon, you know what happened when they had a players meeting after the Chicago game a couple years ago.

Im looking forward to that LA game it could be just what the doctor ordered....

if the canucks come out and actually play a decent game....

so far this year I haven't seen a game were the canucks goalie has not bailed out the team...(other then the duck game)

I feel this game will be either the turning point which gets this team going or the reality of this team will be shown ......

Last Game against LA this year the Canuck's barely got through Luongo stood on his head if you recall...

simply put quit making the excuses AV your on thin ice

Can't wait for Saturday

I've been consistently hating on AV since 2008. Win or lose, he drives me to booze.

The AV Drinking game:

When a non-sedin line is shuffled, take a shot.

When A Rookie is benched, have a shot

When the camera turns to him and he has his arms open but is still chewing gum, have a shot

When he looks like he might have just eaten some off-flavour life-savers in reaction to a penalty call, have a shot.

If the team is leading by two or less goals by the third, and gets outshot in the third by a 2-1 or greater margin, drink as many shots as the margin.

You'd be in hospital by the end of the second period.

You'd be dead at the end of the third.

Read below and ask yourself again, do you see any comparison with the Canucks. LA proactively sought to build a SC winning team...........It's not about how you are playing but who's in your team.

In the 2011 offseason, the Kings acquired Mike Richards and prospect Rob Bordson from the Philadelphia Flyers for Wayne Simmonds, Brayden Schenn and a 2012 second round pick, by personal request, traded Ryan Smyth to the Edmonton Oilers for Colin Fraser and a 7th round pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, and signed Simon Gagne from the Tampa Bay Lightning to play alongside former Philadelphia Flyer teammate Mike Richards.

The Kings started 5–1–1 to the 2011–12 NHL season, but went 8–11–3 which resulted in a 13–12–4 overall record and the firing of coach Terry Murray. Los Angeles named John Stevens interim coach for four games until on December 20, named Darryl Sutter the 24th head coach in franchise history. Before the trade deadline, the Kings acquired another former Philadelphia Flyer in Richards' friend and former teammate Jeff Carter from the Columbus Blue Jackets for Jack Johnson and a conditional first round draft pick. The Kings were much improved under Sutter, going 25–13–11. They also narrowly missed clinching their second divisional title in franchise history.

Archived