99 replies to this topic

#61 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,721 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

I've been consistently hating on AV since 2008. Win or lose, he drives me to booze.

The AV Drinking game:
When a non-sedin line is shuffled, take a shot.
When A Rookie is benched, have a shot
When the camera turns to him and he has his arms open but is still chewing gum, have a shot
When he looks like he might have just eaten some off-flavour life-savers in reaction to a penalty call, have a shot.
If the team is leading by two or less goals by the third, and gets outshot in the third by a 2-1 or greater margin, drink as many shots as the margin.

You'd be in hospital by the end of the second period.
You'd be dead at the end of the third.

And yet you're still alive. What gives?

#62 Ginu

Ginu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

I call reality... Just don't believe AV has what it takes to tweak this team.
Posted Image

#63 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,792 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:02 AM

I would love a 6-0 whipping where AV does nothing but look at the scoreboard and chew gum. Then blame it on fatigue and a hot goalie...

#64 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:17 AM

I would love a 6-0 whipping where AV does nothing but look at the scoreboard and chew gum. Then blame it on fatigue and a hot goalie...

I understand that everyone is frustrated with AV and with how he is handling some players. I also understand how frustrating the whole goalie situation has been handled and other confusing moves that MG has done. I get why some fans (me included) would want a change or some kind of shake up. I just don't understand why anyone would ever want to watch their team lose? How is wishing that they get blown out 6-0 being a supportive fan? Yes this team needs to wake up, and yes they AV needs to do something different but wanting the Canucks to lose that' s just not right.

Posted Image
Do Not Trade TanevPosted Image

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#65 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

Kind of hope we get destroyed so MG makes some changes.

I thought the Detroit game ought to do it.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#66 Bagofcats

Bagofcats

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:20 AM

Kind of hope we get destroyed so MG makes some changes.

I thought the Detroit game ought to do it.

And now Volpatti is gone and we can finally turn things around!!! :bigblush:

#67 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

Im looking forward to that LA game it could be just what the doctor ordered....

if the canucks come out and actually play a decent game....

so far this year I haven't seen a game were the canucks goalie has not bailed out the team...(other then the duck game)

I feel this game will be either the turning point which gets this team going or the reality of this team will be shown ......

Last Game against LA this year the Canuck's barely got through Luongo stood on his head if you recall...

simply put quit making the excuses AV your on thin ice

Can't wait for Saturday

Wow, yete! What a solid prediction. We will either "turn the corner" (translation "we win") or the devastating "reality" of the team will be revealed (translation: "we lose").

You are like Kreskin. Thank God there aren't ties anymore. I suggest you use your prediction at playnow.com.
Posted Image

#68 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

Its just a game. I'm sure they'll do fine as long as luongo starts

WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

Florida Panthers GM -  2014-15 Shapheat FHL

#69 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

I understand that everyone is frustrated with AV and with how he is handling some players. I also understand how frustrating the whole goalie situation has been handled and other confusing moves that MG has done. I get why some fans (me included) would want a change or some kind of shake up. I just don't understand why anyone would ever want to watch their team lose? How is wishing that they get blown out 6-0 being a supportive fan? Yes this team needs to wake up, and yes they AV needs to do something different but wanting the Canucks to lose that' s just not right.

It's about the big picture. You want to see the team hit rock bottom because so many times in life rock bottom is the platform for a leap to new heights. It doesn't mean anyone gets a kick out of seeing the Canucks lose 6-0, it just means they would rather see that happen and see the good things that would come of it, rather than watch mediocrity forever.

#70 BenDrinkin

BenDrinkin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

Honestly hopin for a 5-0 loss with cory in net so both goalies are held to same light. I love this team but sick of gliding by. 2 playoffs in a row we are eliminated for one reason only. Lack of scoring. All the focus is goalies but 4-0 means we did not score.

You say lack of scoring, I say lack of playoff scoring. Playoffs are a different animal and I'm not sure we are built for them since we are still in the Detroit mold (has anyone other than Detroit won in that mold?). Here's to hoping.

#71 NuckFanLivingInCalgary:(

NuckFanLivingInCalgary:(

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

Any word on who is starting in net?
Go Canucks Go!!!

#72 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

And now Volpatti is gone and we can finally turn things around!!! :bigblush:

If Sestito plays, I hope he gets owned and Makes Gillis look like a fool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsjOS1jPk0o

Seriously... 2nd fight of him I've watched and the 2nd time he's been knocked out. He's big but sucks at fighting just like Weise... Is Gillis trying to turn us into the softest team in the league?

The panel at the start of the season said we got a lot tougher with Volpatti in our line up, now we have 2 guys who can't win a fight to save their lives.

Great.

Edited by TheGame., 01 March 2013 - 11:54 AM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#73 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

THe theory is...if they lose and lose badly, it will force changes to be made.

If they win, then it looks like everything is olay (even though many of us done' think it is) and so change will not happen.

HIghly doubt the Aquilinis of Gillis will make any move based on 1 game but it could be the last straw IF they are already considering change.

I will be torn on Saturday as I always want the Nucks to win and hate LA but I also think this team needs a change (not a tweak) and losing again (that would be 6 losses inlast 8 games) might get the trigger pulled.

#74 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

Its just a game. I'm sure they'll do fine as long as luongo starts

I'm pretty sure you said that before the Detroit game. Remember, it was LA that "solved" LU enough to have Cory take over.

The outcome of this game will have little to do with goaltending. It is the rest of the team that has been underachieving.

IF we have to have our goalies steal every game we win, then we deserve to get our butts kicked to the curb.

Edited by DIBdaQUIB, 01 March 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#75 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

If Sestito plays, I hope he gets owned and Makes Gillis look like a fool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsjOS1jPk0o

Seriously... 2nd fight of him I've watched and the 2nd time he's been knocked out. He's big but sucks at fighting just like Weise... Is Gillis trying to turn us into the softest team in the league?

The panel at the start of the season said we got a lot tougher with Volpatti in our line up, now we have 2 guys who can't win a fight to save their lives.

Great.

He didn't get knocked out genius. Look closely, his head hit the ice as he fell.

#76 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

He didn't get knocked out genius. Look closely, his head hit the ice as he fell.

He shouldnt have fell.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#77 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

He shouldnt have fell.

LMAO!!

Sounds like line from a Clnt Eastwood movie.

#78 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

LMAO!!

Sounds like line from a Clnt Eastwood movie.

:lol:

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#79 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

I dont think anybody wants to see the team lose for the sake of losing. Sometimes though, things have to get worse before they can get better. If getting destroyed once or twice here in the near future means that improvements will be made to the team, well then I say let it happen. If changes wont be made in that scenario then we may as well carry on as usual and see what happens. My guess would be more of the same thing many of us aren't content with.

#80 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

really name a game this year were the canucks didn't rely on there goaltender to save them?? (other then the ducks game)

NEWS FLASH: EVERY TEAM COUNTS ON THEIR GOALIE TO WIN THEM SOME GAMES .. most teams fans accept that goalies also can lose you the game .. reality is a fickle wench, indeed ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#81 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

NEWS FLASH: EVERY TEAM COUNTS ON THEIR GOALIE TO WIN THEM SOME GAMES .. most teams fans accept that goalies also can lose you the game .. reality is a fickle wench, indeed ..

Yeah but this team is different right now. If the goalies are not great all the time then we wont win, that is the problem.

#82 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

Yeah but this team is different right now. If the goalies are not great all the time then we wont win, that is the problem.

People who bitch about MG are bang on when they identify MG's biggest mistake is in "hiring" this coaching staff .. second biggest mistake is in keeping them .. you want change? .. coaching is the answer ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#83 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

One thing you can count in is sutters boys are always ready.

Thus game is either going to be a dandy (bob cole'sm) or a total train wreck.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#84 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

well, middle of 2 significant injuries (start of one, end of another)... can hardly say this is a defining game.

if neither of those 2 got injured, then yes. show us.

however, its funny and weird. even if this was a defining game - which is definitely is not (unless you think the nucks are better off without kesler and bieksa) - there is some magic that comes from confidence and believing in yourself. the nucks don't believe in themselves this year - not yet. not too late, but they need positive reinforcement.

we (humans) are self-reflexive by nature. positive feeds more positive. negative feeds more negative. nothing we can do to change, that is an ingrained pattern. what we can do is rise above the negative and turn things around, and focus on the positive to keep it going when it is. welcome to the feedback loop, if you missed the first act, it will play again in a little while...

but for the canucks, right now, they need something positive to happen. 2 goalies neither of whom is focused on the team - rather if they are going to play (at least it is a distraction that is BAD for the team, no doubt about it). selke winner who is injured so often the last 2 years no one even believes he will be himself for the upcoming playoffs. team defense that should be terrific but is unsure of itself. So this is where you need your leader, and captain, to carry the team. The Sedins need to have monster games for the next 10 and put the team on their backs... er... or didn't they recently say they don't need to score anymore? what kind of leadership is that? wtf? I believe in them, I think they're the best thing to have ever happened to this team. But do they believe in themselves? They need a positive feedback as much as anyone does it seems.

firing the coach is just more negativity. unless you think he is incompetent, then it's positive. I don't believe that to be the case, and in any case, who is going to coach if not him right now? From what I have seen he is not negative by nature.

what will tell us if the season is good or bad is: if we are still in a playoff spot a month from now. to me, that is the real question. we will have gotten into a positive feedback loop (like all good teams do, and scf winners are thriving on it), or we will not.

#85 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,485 posts

It's about the big picture. You want to see the team hit rock bottom because so many times in life rock bottom is the platform for a leap to new heights. It doesn't mean anyone gets a kick out of seeing the Canucks lose 6-0, it just means they would rather see that happen and see the good things that would come of it, rather than watch mediocrity forever.

Perhaps if Vancouver was playing against Chicago then I would accept that a 6-0 blow out would possibly be the ticket to get this team moving but against the Kings, I don't see it we were already blown out by Detroit this season. I really fail to see why another blow out would do anything different. If an 8-3 loss isn't going to wake these guys a 6-0 loss to the kings won't wake them up!

Edited by Gillyfluffball, 01 March 2013 - 10:47 PM.

Posted Image
Do Not Trade TanevPosted Image

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#86 van_ws

van_ws

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Hate to say it, but I want the Kings to destroy the Canucks. This team needs to major change, and a crushing defeat will hopefully be the catalyst (i.e. - coaching change is a must for starters).

I am pretty convinced that the Canucks will be blown out of the building tomorrow.

#87 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

we don't need more negativity. if you think we do, just retire or something...

#88 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

well, middle of 2 significant injuries (start of one, end of another)... can hardly say this is a defining game.

if neither of those 2 got injured, then yes. show us.

however, its funny and weird. even if this was a defining game - which is definitely is not (unless you think the nucks are better off without kesler and bieksa) - there is some magic that comes from confidence and believing in yourself. the nucks don't believe in themselves this year - not yet. not too late, but they need positive reinforcement.

we (humans) are self-reflexive by nature. positive feeds more positive. negative feeds more negative. nothing we can do to change, that is an ingrained pattern. what we can do is rise above the negative and turn things around, and focus on the positive to keep it going when it is. welcome to the feedback loop, if you missed the first act, it will play again in a little while...

but for the canucks, right now, they need something positive to happen. 2 goalies neither of whom is focused on the team - rather if they are going to play (at least it is a distraction that is BAD for the team, no doubt about it). selke winner who is injured so often the last 2 years no one even believes he will be himself for the upcoming playoffs. team defense that should be terrific but is unsure of itself. So this is where you need your leader, and captain, to carry the team. The Sedins need to have monster games for the next 10 and put the team on their backs... er... or didn't they recently say they don't need to score anymore? what kind of leadership is that? wtf? I believe in them, I think they're the best thing to have ever happened to this team. But do they believe in themselves? They need a positive feedback as much as anyone does it seems.

firing the coach is just more negativity. unless you think he is incompetent, then it's positive. I don't believe that to be the case, and in any case, who is going to coach if not him right now? From what I have seen he is not negative by nature.

what will tell us if the season is good or bad is: if we are still in a playoff spot a month from now. to me, that is the real question. we will have gotten into a positive feedback loop (like all good teams do, and scf winners are thriving on it), or we will not.

+1

Well written and well thought out post. Objective and no pom Poms waived yet practically critical.

Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#89 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,073 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

LA will definitely be a test, but as we seen last year they aren't exactly the same tough team they are in the season as in the playoffs.

Canucks should be desperate though coming off the losses.

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL

#90 ILL BILL NECRO

ILL BILL NECRO

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

its karma for what gillis did to manny

He did the right thing manny is just to proud.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.