#1 CIaude Giroux

CIaude Giroux

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

POPULAR

I cannot stand the refs anymore. They are driving me crazy. Everytime we build some momentum hamhuis brushes beside a guy and boom what do you know he's sent to the box. Or we are cycling the puck and there's a trip that a 5 year old could make the call on, but they just allow play to continue. I mean how is the Burrows getting punched in the face not equal to or worse than the Hansen suspension on Hossa? Daniel has no reputation of diving what so ever and gets a stick between the legs and its diving? Like come on. Everyone will say that the Canucks are to blame and the refs have barely anything to do with it, but it's hard to do anything when you get in a rythm and the refs ref like they are blind folded with broken whistles that they swallowed. Anybody else feel the same way?

Edited by Kassinator, 26 February 2013 - 11:08 PM.

R5mlKY0.jpg

#2 MikeyD

MikeyD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,194 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

POPULAR

I can't believe vermette didn't get a suspension for that wreckless play while the puck was in the air resulting in a dangerous hit to the head. Hansen got one!

Posted Image

#3 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

Not Just happening to the canucks. But yeah the reffing has been terrible this year.
Posted Image
Drouin#27 Halifax Mooseheads Star

Credit to Canucks Top Scorer

#4 UFTcan

UFTcan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

Bad refs well yes, but not the reason we lost either..

#5 CIaude Giroux

CIaude Giroux

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

Bad refs well yes, but not the reason we lost either..

Yes but they were a major contribution to why we lost

R5mlKY0.jpg

#6 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

POPULAR

The horrible awful game management is making my blood boil. I am almost more angry with the Refs inability to call a fair game then I am by the lack luster effort by Vancouver that has been happening lately. Now I am probably crazy (I did get called delusional by a hawks fan yesterday lol ) but I am starting to possibly see a correlation here. The moment the Refs make their first bad call (or lack of call) the Canucks just seem to shut down. I don't know but perhaps the reason our team isn't playing like we all know they can play isn't necessary just a coaching problem, or a player problem but maybe they just don't give a damn anymore because what's the point in going out there and trying your hardest when the refs are just going to mess it up and hand the game over to the other team. Then again like I said I am probably just reaching.

Edited by Gillyfluffball, 26 February 2013 - 11:16 PM.

Posted Image
Do Not Trade TanevPosted Image

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#7 VicNuckleHead09

VicNuckleHead09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Can't blame the refs. Bad calls are part of the game. We lost cause we were tired and it showed. I starting watching in the third and by that time the game was so slow I thought I was watching golf.
Posted Image
"Louuuuuuuuuu!" - Last game Attended: Vancouver vs. Penguins
Email me

#8 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

blaming the refs after a loss, this is new and exciting

#9 UFTcan

UFTcan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Yes but they were a major contribution to why we lost

lackluster team effort and its the refs fault they didnt give us enough PP's? Maybe the players should hold themselves accountable instead of always looking at the ref or a call to make up for thier game.

#10 Raffi Torres's Smirk

Raffi Torres's Smirk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Let's just blame all the bad reffing on the reputation we haven't been able to shake that we inherited from JARKKO RUUTU.

#11 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

the diving call on Daniel was bs, and if were going by the letter of the law by Shanaban, Vermette should get suspended 2 games for a 'wreckless' play.

I loved when the camera shot the bench after Daniel got an embelishment penalty and AV is shown chewing his damn gum.

:picard:

#12 CIaude Giroux

CIaude Giroux

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,525 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

blaming the refs after a loss, this is new and exciting

thanks

R5mlKY0.jpg

#13 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

The ref's were as bad as I have seen. It's one thing to put the whistle away in the third if both teams are battling hard but if one team is taking penalty after penalty you have to call it.

#14 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

Can't blame the refs. Bad calls are part of the game. We lost cause we were tired and it showed. I starting watching in the third and by that time the game was so slow I thought I was watching golf.

Bad calls are part of the game, but not consistently one-sided bad calls - that's called game management by Gary the weasel.

#15 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

POPULAR

C'mon people, are we really surprised or outraged still? I mean, remember that time when someone took a penalty on Burrows and they actually called it? No? Me neither. The play where Burrows got knocked down away from the puck on the rush, that took away a scoring chance and was a much worse non-call. We all know that the only reason Hansen got a suspension was because it was Chicago and they get all the love from the League, and because Hossa stayed down like he was at death's own door. In literally any other circumstance and between any two other teams that would not even have been a penalty. As we saw tonite. Because they made a terrible call against us, now they should make that same call against everyone? That doesn't make sense, an eye for an eye leaves the whole world as blind as an NHL official.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#16 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

VicNuckleHead09,

By saying that you are stating that a whole profession completely failing at their job is acceptable. Bad calls are part of the game? Really? Bad calls are a constant and should be eradicated.

The referees in the NHL are hands down the most incompetent lot in professional sports. They make a mockery of the game and are directly to blame for the increase in injuries due to not clearly defining through their calls what is acceptable. As long as that little demon Bettman sees fit to allow these wasted zygotes to continue to perform at sub par levels, the game will suffer.

Edited by Canuck-a-nuck, 26 February 2013 - 11:50 PM.

Posted Image

#17 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

League wide issue right now.. not just Canuck games. Every night it seems there is controversy. Apparently some GMs are calling it the worst reffing they've ever seen..according to TSN. On Burrows...well that is more likely due to reputation more than anything..just gotta keep playing hard, keep his mouth shut and play through it..it'll take some time to clean that up.

#18 The-Impersonator

The-Impersonator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

Put the wild, coyotes, blues and predators in a division by themselves and play each other 26 times each. No refs.... just clutch, trap, hook, hold, trip until the end of time.

#19 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

POPULAR

League wide issue right now.. not just Canuck games. Every night it seems there is controversy. Apparently some GMs are calling it the worst reffing they've ever seen..according to TSN. On Burrows...well that is more likely due to reputation more than anything..just gotta keep playing hard, keep his mouth shut and play through it..it'll take some time to clean that up.

I call BS. Isn't that the epitome of bad reffing? - the fact that Burr gets punched, cross checked and slashed each game without any penalties called just because of "his reputation"? I'd say it is. Call the damn games consistently without looking at whose number is on the jersey. That's the only way. Or, better yet, put away the whistles for everyone and only call the really obvious penalties.

Posted Image

#20 UFTcan

UFTcan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

Grrrr, I want a finger to bite!!

#21 c-a-n-u-c-k-s

c-a-n-u-c-k-s

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,650 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

The GM's have to start talking about it. TSN and others are talking about it every night... not because they choose to, but because it actually is the worst reffing ever.

But it's not really... because they are just following orders.
It's the worst NHL ever.
Thanks Bettman.
i make music - here it is - and run a label & musician community - sectionz [savant, mr.bill, katfyr, sirensceol, virtual riot, kaster etc....] (mainly edm)

#22 rampage

rampage

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

The refs have been horrible. I don't remember what game it was but i think it was the one before the Detroit game where Burrows got 2 INSANELY BAD calls against him it was like Auger mentored the ref that was on the ice.

That being said the team has to be a lot better but still F the refs.

#23 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

POPULAR

Hossa laid on the ice and Burrows got up- that was the only difference in that face punch play.
Posted Image

#24 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,222 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

GM's need to put pressure on the league for some accountability. The offiiciating is so consistently terrible that half the refs deserve to be Shannabanned.

zWXdYPq.png'

Put Gino in the ROH

#25 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

I won't complain about the reffing as related only to the Canucks. The reffing is terrible league wide and should rightly tick off Canuck fans, let alone fans of hockey in general. Game management that strongly favors certain teams and greatly disadvantages others. The Canucks are not the only team to be hurt, but we are one of the teams negatively affected!
It makes me want to boo the refs if I were at the game for minutes on end. I want them to go home knowing they did a TERRIBLE JOB and maybe comprehend ending their reffing careers if they are going to call games like the amateurs they are calling like.

61c1f524-b05e-4da1-b54d-e7ac1d87c904.jpg

#26 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

The refs have been horrible. I don't remember what game it was but i think it was the one before the Detroit game where Burrows got 2 INSANELY BAD calls against him it was like Auger mentored the ref that was on the ice.

That being said the team has to be a lot better but still F the refs.

The refs have been awful all season but it seems since the Chicago game it has gotten worse, or at the very least I have become more aware of the horrible calls.

Edited by Gillyfluffball, 27 February 2013 - 01:12 AM.

Posted Image
Do Not Trade TanevPosted Image

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#27 Ginu

Ginu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

Web all know the referring is a joke, so how about a new plan?

Play like a team, show for the entire length of the game and score lots of goals... At this point the bad Reffing will not matter anymore.
Posted Image

#28 c-a-n-u-c-k-s

c-a-n-u-c-k-s

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,650 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

Web all know the referring is a joke, so how about a new plan?

Play like a team, show for the entire length of the game and score lots of goals... At this point the bad Reffing will not matter anymore.

Easy for you to say. Kinda hard to play 60 minutes when the refs make you shorthanded with phantom penalties.

You should know refs can screw a game plan and change the momentum in very few whistles if they want to, and it will all appear innocent 'due to the speed of the game'
i make music - here it is - and run a label & musician community - sectionz [savant, mr.bill, katfyr, sirensceol, virtual riot, kaster etc....] (mainly edm)

#29 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,311 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:16 AM

Wish it was just lately but I really feel it has gone back many years, maybe even back to 1980, maybe Nielsen humiliating the refs is still in their minds especially when we erect a statue out front commemorating it.

Its amazing that if anyone else in any other job was so feeble at their profession at minimum they would be fired or perhaps even actually put in jail.

I realize its not the Canucks only problem, I know, but come on it is boarder lining on the absurd, how can a team sustain offensive pressure constantly killing bad call penalties while the exact same thing is let go when the roles are reversed?

I really dislike whining about reffing but I watch the games, I try to be objective, I try to give them the benefit of the doubt, that it is a fast game, and human error comes in to play, but why is it always an uphill battle with the Refs? When was the last time we could honestly say the reffing was ridiculously in favour of the Canucks?

I really think that for the sake of the league, to be assured that prejudice doesn't come into play, there needs to be an overhaul of the reffing system.

I know it will never happen but I feel a joint US/Canadian government regulated reffing system needs to be adopted where there is accountability for the mistakes made. Again I know it is just fantasy, but maybe its a potential solution should things get bad enough across the board and is actually talked about in mainstream media (should something crazy like a betting scandal emerge or something like that)
Posted Image

#30 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

Wish it was just lately but I really feel it has gone back many years, maybe even back to 1980, maybe Nielsen humiliating the refs is still in their minds especially when we erect a statue out front commemorating it.

Its amazing that if anyone else in any other job was so feeble at their profession at minimum they would be fired or perhaps even actually put in jail.

I realize its not the Canucks only problem, I know, but come on it is boarder lining on the absurd, how can a team sustain offensive pressure constantly killing bad call penalties while the exact same thing is let go when the roles are reversed?

I really dislike whining about reffing but I watch the games, I try to be objective, I try to give them the benefit of the doubt, that it is a fast game, and human error comes in to play, but why is it always an uphill battle with the Refs? When was the last time we could honestly say the reffing was ridiculously in favour of the Canucks?

I really think that for the sake of the league, to be assured that prejudice doesn't come into play, there needs to be an overhaul of the reffing system.

I know it will never happen but I feel a joint US/Canadian government regulated reffing system needs to be adopted where there is accountability for the mistakes made. Again I know it is just fantasy, but maybe its a potential solution should things get bad enough across the board and is actually talked about in mainstream media (should something crazy like a betting scandal emerge or something like that)

I actually remember a few times noticing the Canucks were getting the favourable calls so far this year.

It's a natural human reaction though, more clearly remembering when negative things happen. Not saying the reffing has been good by any means; there have been a few really bad calls lately that have cost us, but in the end, it all evens out.

Edited by Moonshinefe, 27 February 2013 - 01:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.