The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Refs

The Magician

I cannot stand the refs anymore. They are driving me crazy. Everytime we build some momentum hamhuis brushes beside a guy and boom what do you know he's sent to the box. Or we are cycling the puck and there's a trip that a 5 year old could make the call on, but they just allow play to continue. I mean how is the Burrows getting punched in the face not equal to or worse than the Hansen suspension on Hossa? Daniel has no reputation of diving what so ever and gets a stick between the legs and its diving? Like come on. Everyone will say that the Canucks are to blame and the refs have barely anything to do with it, but it's hard to do anything when you get in a rythm and the refs ref like they are blind folded with broken whistles that they swallowed. Anybody else feel the same way?

The horrible awful game management is making my blood boil. I am almost more angry with the Refs inability to call a fair game then I am by the lack luster effort by Vancouver that has been happening lately. Now I am probably crazy (I did get called delusional by a hawks fan yesterday lol ) but I am starting to possibly see a correlation here. The moment the Refs make their first bad call (or lack of call) the Canucks just seem to shut down. I don't know but perhaps the reason our team isn't playing like we all know they can play isn't necessary just a coaching problem, or a player problem but maybe they just don't give a damn anymore because what's the point in going out there and trying your hardest when the refs are just going to mess it up and hand the game over to the other team. Then again like I said I am probably just reaching.

the diving call on Daniel was bs, and if were going by the letter of the law by Shanaban, Vermette should get suspended 2 games for a 'wreckless' play.

I loved when the camera shot the bench after Daniel got an embelishment penalty and AV is shown chewing his damn gum.

:picard:

C'mon people, are we really surprised or outraged still? I mean, remember that time when someone took a penalty on Burrows and they actually called it? No? Me neither. The play where Burrows got knocked down away from the puck on the rush, that took away a scoring chance and was a much worse non-call. We all know that the only reason Hansen got a suspension was because it was Chicago and they get all the love from the League, and because Hossa stayed down like he was at death's own door. In literally any other circumstance and between any two other teams that would not even have been a penalty. As we saw tonite. Because they made a terrible call against us, now they should make that same call against everyone? That doesn't make sense, an eye for an eye leaves the whole world as blind as an NHL official.

League wide issue right now.. not just Canuck games. Every night it seems there is controversy. Apparently some GMs are calling it the worst reffing they've ever seen..according to TSN. On Burrows...well that is more likely due to reputation more than anything..just gotta keep playing hard, keep his mouth shut and play through it..it'll take some time to clean that up.

League wide issue right now.. not just Canuck games. Every night it seems there is controversy. Apparently some GMs are calling it the worst reffing they've ever seen..according to TSN. On Burrows...well that is more likely due to reputation more than anything..just gotta keep playing hard, keep his mouth shut and play through it..it'll take some time to clean that up.

I call BS. Isn't that the epitome of bad reffing? - the fact that Burr gets punched, cross checked and slashed each game without any penalties called just because of "his reputation"? I'd say it is. Call the damn games consistently without looking at whose number is on the jersey. That's the only way. Or, better yet, put away the whistles for everyone and only call the really obvious penalties.

Archived